British Speedway Forum

I am really pleased today Ward it will be great to see him for the rest of the season and the Czech i see him last year in the world team cup and he has real ability.Now we have to go on and reach the play/offs,i hope the club make a few quid on the gate because of Ward and will he be available Monday Probably No.?

• Like 1

Ward may ride on Saturday but deffo Monday. The article makes interesting reading, he talks about Poole a lot, but i know he will be giving his all for Swindon until the end of the season.

• Like 2

Dear oh dear you couldn't make it up.

Expect Gavan along anytime now to have a go at Swindon for dropping Kyle,after all he spent the best part of two years doing that everytime he posted on a poole thread.

slight difference though Swindon are dropping 2 riders to fit in 2 better riders.

Poole chopped out Howarth for Mickey Dyer a scandalous decision.

No i dont agree with a young brit being dropped but then its to make the team stronger which is what you are supposed to do to be successful. Howarth for Dyer was at best like for like for no reason

And i love how my name gets dropped into a SWINDON thread from a Poole fan on a topic that has nothing to do with Poole. I think you Poole fans are obsessed with me no the other way round!

• Like 2

2 great signings for the Robins there, Eduard looks a steal on a 4.50 average when he settles down, certainly worth a punt at 17's.

• Like 1

Ward may ride on Saturday but deffo Monday. The article makes interesting reading, he talks about Poole a lot, but i know he will be giving his all for Swindon until the end of the season.

Thanks Pirates back from Cyprus on Monday can't wait should be a bumper crowd at a tenner a head.One thing no one has mentioned fair play to Poole agreeing to this especially it being Swindon.They will benefit in the long run get Ward back next year regrouped ready to have a go at the WC i wish i could go to Melbourne later in the year it should be great.
  • Like 2

hand on heart do you think he will give his all?

what if swindon come up against Poole in the play offs. Hardly likely in my opinion he will try and stop Poole

Thanks Pirates back from Cyprus on Monday can't wait should be a bumper crowd at a tenner a head.One thing no one has mentioned fair play to Poole agreeing to this especially it being Swindon.They will benefit in the long run get Ward back next year regrouped ready to have a go at the WC i wish i could go to Melbourne later in the year it should be great.

Fair play to Poole? why?

Poole have nothing to lose and evrything to gain by allowing Darcy to ride for Swindon. He will get his fitness and race sharpness back. If his average goes up then it wont be by loads maybe half a point and if his average goes down then happy days more points to play with.

Poole speedway have done the right thing in letting Darcy ride elsewhere as it will help them long term.

I dont know why you think Poole wouldnt to be honest

• Like 1

what if swindon come up against Poole in the play offs. Hardly likely in my opinion he will try and stop Poole

I think he will. Once the tapes go up Darcy only knows how to do one thing, race hard to the line. He may struggle to team ride as much as he used to - unless of course he's thinking of his average.

He will he needs to get back on track,get real sharpness and earn some real money i believe Ford/Middlo except it and know that Ward is a racer and will always give his all.Have you Forgot? Poole are a bloody good side and are still favourites without Ward to win the title.
  • Like 1

Mixed feelings about this not a fan of Ward the person and even more so with his Poole roots and also gutted for Howarth who has gave nothing but 100 % . But from Rosco's point of view and with no other number one's about I guess he had to make the change even thou it was hard for him to dropped Howarth ..

I don't think anyone doubts the talent of Ward the rider and he will doubt bring the crowds in home and away and that can only be good for British speedway . Don't know much about Kramer v Kramer to know if it will make us stronger so we will have to wait and see . The one bit of garbage about this deal is that Rosco as the British manager should keep Brits in a job. that is total guff . Rosco job as Swindon main man to is to put out the best possible team out for Swindon if that means no Brits then so be it .

• Like 7

Mixed feelings about this not a fan of Ward the person and even more so with his Poole roots and also gutted for Howarth who has gave nothing but 100 % . But from Rosco's point of view and with no other number one's about I guess he had to make the change even thou it was hard for him to dropped Howarth ..

I don't think anyone doubts the talent of Ward the rider and he will doubt bring the crowds in home and away and that can only be good for British speedway . Don't know much about Kramer v Kramer to know if it will make us stronger so we will have to wait and see . The one bit of garbage about this deal is that Rosco as the British manager should keep Brits in a job. that is total guff . Rosco job as Swindon main man to is to put out the best possible team out for Swindon if that means no Brits then so be it .

Fair play Orion you are right about Rosco, he had to make a difficult decision Ward i believe you will go there open minded and judge the rider forget the past. But he cannot afford anymore slip ups he has to be squeaky clean for a while the Czech i believe he is decent the abbey should suit.
  • Like 2

Fair play to Poole? why?

Poole have nothing to lose and evrything to gain by allowing Darcy to ride for Swindon. He will get his fitness and race sharpness back. If his average goes up then it wont be by loads maybe half a point and if his average goes down then happy days more points to play with.

Poole speedway have done the right thing in letting Darcy ride elsewhere as it will help them long term.

I dont know why you think Poole wouldnt to be honest

If Rosco has the slightest thought that Darcy would not do his upmost for Swindon in the playoffs, if we get there, we have another rider who would be in like a shot.

• Like 1

If Rosco has the slightest thought that Darcy would not do his upmost for Swindon in the playoffs, if we get there, we have another rider who would be in like a shot.

I have no worries at all Orlov i have not looked forward to seeing a rider so much since Scott Autrey.
  • Like 1