British Speedway Forum

You not going to either of the next two meetings where they'll also be available?

No ,Why ?

I see Darryl Ritchings is guesting for Cov tonight at Lakeside and after one ride has already scored a point..

Well done to him, he is due some good luck and I hope he has an injury free season and continues to make good progress :rofl:

• Like 3

Nick has had to withdraw from the meeting at Somerset tonight after falling off.

Hope he's ok.

Killer now on the bspa green sheets so he should be riding thursday.

You do enjoy a whinge! Either decide to go before the day & pay a fiver or wait to see if you are in the mood & pay the full price, your choice.

But that's not going to help attract new fans, which surely is the point of any offer?

The only people who will buy tickets in advance are regular fans who would have paid full price anyway and if anyone turns up on the gate having seen the offer on the web site will be disappointed by having to pay full price.

• Like 3

I can't believe the moaning going on about this. The promotion should be praised for this and not people picking over it looking for fault.

Well done Swindon - glad to see them leading the way on this. With the title favourites in town and on the telly, it should generate a healthy crowd and come across well to television viewers. C'mon the Robins

• Like 2

I can't believe the moaning going on about this. The promotion should be praised for this and not people picking over it looking for fault.

Well done Swindon - glad to see them leading the way on this. With the title favourites in town and on the telly, it should generate a healthy crowd and come across well to television viewers. C'mon the Robins

Swindon already got stung a few seasons ago by offering a similar discount on GroupOn and openly admitted it was only regular fans who purchased the discount tickets. Now they are doing the same thing again?

Five pound entry is a great offer, but heavily promote it in the run up to the meeting and then offer it on the gate. Why force people to buy tickets in advance?

• Like 3

But that's not going to help attract new fans, which surely is the point of any offer?

The only people who will buy tickets in advance are regular fans who would have paid full price anyway and if anyone turns up on the gate having seen the offer on the web site will be disappointed by having to pay full price.

Maybe depends how well it has been advertised? And every regular fan needs to give all their mates and family who may be interested the heads up! Edited by Trees

I don't think people are moaning. just thinking of how a great offer could be done more effectively.

I see a reason given on the Robins Facebook page for selling tickets in advance was so they knew how many programmes to print.

I for one was interested in heading down to Swindon as it was only a fiver. The problem is its likely i won't know if I can go until close to the day of the meeting. So after reading this I've already decided not to attend and I'm going to watch it on Sky.

Maybe they know this already and are struggling with cash flow at the moment? I can't imagine any new supporters would benefit from this.

I think if they were struggling for cashflow then they probably wouldn't discount quite so heavily in the first place!

• Like 2

If the printing and sale of a few programmes is an issue, it shows just how finely balanced the finances are - at all clubs!!

Really looking forward to tomorrow night Belle Vue have put together a nice looking side.But with Swindon Town having there first leg Play/off game on the same night, i believe the crowd could be poor i hope i am wrong.

Who has priority on nick morris,sorry if someone has already mentioned it.

Who has priority on nick morris,sorry if someone has already mentioned it.

Swindon - he is a club asset.

• Like 1