Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum

Dakota North or RR?

I believe this was a known clash when Kildemand signed. A facility is probably appropriate in this instance.

Dakota North or RR?

I believe this was a known clash when Kildemand signed. A facility is probably appropriate in this instance.

Like the time we had to go to Swindon with Todd Kurtz at number 1 in place of Emil Sayfutdinov?

edit > it seems from chatting to someone else that all the international fixture list does is say that Kildemands priority is Sweden. It DOES NOT mean Swindon get a facility.

Edited by SCB

Monster Joe has given Kildemand a character reference to confirm that it's all above board and the Robins can have a guest.

• Like 3

Monster Joe has given Kildemand a character reference to confirm that it's all above board and the Robins can have a guest.

No doubt Matt Ford has okayed the cheating facility too :D

Dakota North or RR?

That's more of a reason not to have a facility. It would have been different if they signed him first not knowing. In the past you were never allowed one but maybe the rules have changed again although then why were Workington not allowed a facility at the weekend when Hansen had an international fixture clash?

Guest options include Schlein, Holder, North, Watt, Karlsson, Bridger, Lawson, Zagar, Cook, Lambert

Like the time we had to go to Swindon with Todd Kurtz at number 1 in place of Emil Sayfutdinov?

edit > it seems from chatting to someone else that all the international fixture list does is say that Kildemands priority is Sweden. It DOES NOT mean Swindon get a facility.

Who gives a f**k. We have got one and the replacement will be sub standard compared to Killer so it won't matter. Add that to the fact your reserves will score double what ours will and it will be a nice easy night for you lot. Edited by thecoombdog

That's more of a reason not to have a facility. It would have been different if they signed him first not knowing. In the past you were never allowed one but maybe the rules have changed again although then why were Workington not allowed a facility at the weekend when Hansen had an international fixture clash?

Guest options include Schlein, Holder, North, Watt, Karlsson, Bridger, Lawson, Zagar, Cook, Lambert

Dackarna are the only Swedish team not riding, hence Kylmakorpi being available for the Bees.

So you can scrub out Schlein, Holder, Karlsson.

As I said, North or RR.

I'd question that. Swindon might say they're allowed a guest but I'd say they're not.

Nothing in there about international fixture lists and priority.

So what is rule C about if it isn`t about the international league fixtures.

I must say I'm surprised that Swindon have a facility for Peter in this match. It certainly didn't used to be the case when a rider was riding in another league.

That's the way it is now, though. Guests have become so commonplace that they seem to be available for anything regardless of the rules.

It wasn't that long ago that riders missing in this way had a 6 point PL guest or, failing that, were suspended.

I remember Renat Gafurov being suspended from windon's side for missing a play-off semi and Swindon needed the facility to qualify so had to sacrifice him for the resst of te season.

People may argue that guests are a neccesary evil, but it seems to be a bit out of control lately.

Of course, Swindon could argue that, theoretically, they are replacing Adrien Miedzinski and his injury. But even AM is back riding in Poland.

Edited by grachan

Who gives a f**k. We have got one and the replacement will be sub standard compared to Killer so it won't matter. Add that to the fact your reserves will score double what ours will and it will be a nice easy night for you lot.

But clearly SCB is more than happy to win at all costs...i imagine he's already sent his email to the authorities to question our use of a facility....

Edited by hagonshocker
  • Like 1

I think the big question should be why are Sky showing a meeting at all on a Tuesday when it is clearly Swedish league that night.

• Like 3

I must say I'm surprised that Swindon have a facility for Peter in this match. It certainly didn't used to be the case when a rider was riding in another league.

That's the way it is now, though. Guests have become so commonplace that they seem to be available for anything regardless of the rules.

It wasn't that long ago that riders missing in this way had a 6 point PL guest or, failing that, were suspended.

I remember Renat Gafurov being suspended from windon's side for missing a play-off semi and Swindon needed the facility to qualify so had to sacrifice him for the resst of te season.

People may argue that guests are a neccesary evil, but it seems to be a bit out of control lately.

Of course, Swindon could argue that, theoretically, they are replacing Adrien Miedzinski and his injury. But even AM is back riding in Poland.

The fact guests are out of control is a massive problem but at the end of the day it's hardly fair for fans to be shortchanged if forced to use a pl 6 pointer...even if admission is potentially a fiver!

I think the big question should be why are Sky showing a meeting at all on a Tuesday when it is clearly Swedish league that night.

Clearly trying to get one over Eurosport with viewing figures

The fact guests are out of control is a massive problem but at the end of the day it's hardly fair for fans to be shortchanged if forced to use a pl 6 pointer...even if admission is potentially a fiver!

So presumably you'd also have no problem with, say, Poole also being allowed a guest even if it went against what is in the rule book?

• Like 1

So what is rule C about if it isn`t about the international league fixtures.

His own FMN would surely be the DMU (Denmark) but SVEMO(Sweden) so is it relevant?

Would have been 2 x Full strength teams when it was arranged looking at things.