British Speedway Forum

So finally it seems a confirming announcement can be expected from the Robins management next week, with Darcy on his way back to Oz to sort out the work visa for Swindon!!

So who else will Rosco drop, Robins fans??

It's hardly a surprise is it - despite your red herrings! I knew he would have to go back to Oz because he can only enter the country on a work visa if his originating location is his home country (with allowable flight changes)

Who else to drop - sadly it would need to be one of Zengi or Howarth I think, put someone else in for a month, drop the necessary amounts on the remaining averages and then re-introduce the dropped rider. Because of the limitations on double-uppers I think it will be Howarth that takes a sabbatical. I'm not saying that would happen but I think it is the most likely "solution".

• Like 1

It's hardly a surprise is it - despite your red herrings! I knew he would have to go back to Oz because he can only enter the country on a work visa if his originating location is his home country (with allowable flight changes)

Who else to drop - sadly it would need to be one of Zengi or Howarth I think, put someone else in for a month, drop the necessary amounts on the remaining averages and then re-introduce the dropped rider. Because of the limitations on double-uppers I think it will be Howarth that takes a sabbatical. I'm not saying that would happen but I think it is the most likely "solution".

Would stick with Zengi as he's an asset of the club unlike Kyle.

• Like 1

Can't be true, it's only Poole that cheat or fiddle averages...!!!!! :shock:

Alledgedly.. ;)

Guess those dodgy engine failures and thumping for the Robins the other week confirms they were indeed trying to drop averages to get Ward in. Shameful as it seems true.

If you think that riding badly and dropping points constitutes cheating then Wolves must be cheating in every match they ride in!

• Like 5

If you think that riding badly and dropping points constitutes cheating then Wolves must be cheating in every match they ride in!

Lmao wooohooooo nice one!!!

Personally think we need to do what we can after the 1st of July and kick on rather than manipulate...start dropping points during next month and before you know it playoff hopes are a distant memory...and i say 'start' as im certain we havent done anything of the sort so far ;) Now as for certain Danes elsewhere well i wouldnt really want to comment... :D :icon_smile_clown:

• Like 1

Shame about the 2 EDRs really!!!

Lewis Rose rode well last night when guesting for Coventry. Garrity team rode him to a 5-1 in heat 2 and then he fought hard for his points in the other races.

Swindon are going to need him picking up his form as Wright is now at the bottom of the tier 1 list and due to miss 3 meetings next month (Leicester H&A, Lakeside A) and August (Poole A & Cov A) which makes guest choices harder.

Edited by mdmc82

Personally think we need to do what we can after the 1st of July and kick on rather than manipulate...start dropping points during next month and before you know it playoff hopes are a distant memory...and i say 'start' as im certain we havent done anything of the sort so far ;) Now as for certain Danes elsewhere well i wouldnt really want to comment... :D :icon_smile_clown:

Unfortunately we're not really in a position to manipulate averages as we don't have the reserves to make up the shortfall.

That's how teams like Coventry can drop points at heatleader like they did last night, but still win and at the same time get their averages down.

• Like 2

Unfortunately we're not really in a position to manipulate averages as we don't have the reserves to make up the shortfall.

That's how teams like Coventry can drop points at heatleader like they did last night, but still win and at the same time get their averages down.

Coventry were without Sarjeant last night. It was your reserve that scored against Worrall & Stefan

You are correct, we are only 3 points behind 4th place, but have 4 matches in hand over Belle Vue. We need to win all our home meetings and a couple of away ones in July. We have to race against Poole twice which could be interesting meetings.

August is a bit tougher where every meeting is against teams that are above us apart from Wolves.

I know most people on here have worked out he was going to Swindon, but don't you think they may have preferred to announce it themselves?

Maybe someone should tell the local paper not to report it then!!!

Give over, then he wouldn't feel like the smug little **** he usually is.

A bit harsh. I was only reporting what was in the local paper! I

I didn't realise it was smug to be able to read?! :nono:

nb. those that know me also know I'm far from being little!! :D

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1

I didn't realise it was smug to be able to read?! :nono:

nb. :D

It is in Coventry.

• Like 1

You are correct, we are only 3 points behind 4th place, but have 4 matches in hand over Belle Vue. We need to win all our home meetings and a couple of away ones in July. We have to race against Poole twice which could be interesting meetings.

August is a bit tougher where every meeting is against teams that are above us apart from Wolves.

You definitely have to win more than a couple away. We've raced three less than you at home so all your games in hand are away and then some.

Coventry were without Sarjeant last night. It was your reserve that scored against Worrall & Stefan

Yeah but you've got Garrity so you can do the averages game and get away with it.

• Like 2

Yeah but you've got Garrity so you can do the averages game and get away with it.

Still need to have a second reserve to back him up. He's not always going to have a good night as we saw Monday.

When your 2nd reserve doesn't do well it makes it harder as we saw when we had Mountain & Greenwood guesting.

Swindon need Rosco & the team to put time in with the reserves and help get them riding to their potential. Greaves claimed there was no support given last year but not sure how much of that was true as Rosco said it was more a case that he wouldn't listen.

Don't see anybody doing the average game. We already could make changes as have points spare but think even when Swindon release Zengota or Howarth we won't. Think somebody needs to tell Hans that SEC & Sweden don't count towards his EL average if that's the case lol.

The term "people in glass houses" comes to mind. Batchelor got his average down so Ward could come in, wake up

Edited by mdmc82

The term "people in glass houses" comes to mind.

Precisely.