British Speedway Forum

Apparently Howarth has tweeted it's him who is making way (for the World's worst secret I assume)

Apparently Howarth has tweeted it's him who is making way (for the World's worst secret I assume)

So it this was Poole would we be getting flak for dumping a british rider for a out of work aussie.

Shame on Howarth , I have been impressed with his attitude and riding skills since last season. Doubt he will be without an EL team for long - Wolves, Leicester and possibly the Bees could consider him.

Won't be Leicester as Workington ride most Saturday's

Such a shame to see Howarth go. And Swindon know full well what he can do, and how he could benefit whoever he goes too and could come back to Blunsdon and do a "Per Sorensen"

It's all very well supporters of other clubs gobbing off about it though. What choices did Swindon have? Personally I'd have preferred to go with a 7 pointer (if there was one willing to come!) but we had to do something.

Swindon would soon have had no facility. Then what would have happened? We'd have been stuffed.

The smugness of Coventry fans in particular, is highly irritating in this, as we all know full well that they are hoping Kyle could well be in their team pretty soon.

Best of luck to the lad. Hopefully he will be back at Swindon, but as a doubling-up non-assett it's a long shot that he will.

With Ward coming in, there was no other logical choice though.

So it this was Poole would we be getting flak for dumping a british rider for a out of work aussie.

Only by the same people who are giving Swindon flak for it.

• Like 5

The smugness of Coventry fans in particular, is highly irritating in this, as we all know full well that they are hoping Kyle could well be in their team pretty soon.

Too right we are. Could all work out rather well for the Bees :D

That average fiddling by Rosco/Troy was a bit of genius :D

Too right we are. Could all work out rather well for the Bees :D

That average fiddling by Rosco/Troy was a bit of genius :D

Quite. So the sudden influx of Coventry avatars blabbing on about "Poor old Kyle and nasty Swindon" can go get stuffed! :)

Quite. So the sudden influx of Coventry avatars blabbing on about "Poor old Kyle and nasty Swindon" can go get stuffed! :)

Hopefully you're not including me. :P I said last week, Rosco had to do what he thinks if best for Swindon Speedway. And I'm sure he just has. I know when he was at Coventry I couldn't fault much at all about the decisions he made.

Some people need to realise that yes Rosco is team GB boss but Swindon pay his wages.

Edited by SCB

Rosco has to do what he thinks it's best but I wouldn't have made 2 changes if at all possible. It's a big risk for Rosco to take not only for his own side but possibly making a rival even stronger.

• Like 1

Hopefully you're not including me. :P I said last week, Rosco had to do what he thinks if best for Swindon Speedway. And I'm sure he just has. I know when he was at Coventry I couldn't fault much at all about the decisions he made.

Some people need to realise that yes Rosco is team GB boss but Swindon pay his wages.

I wasn't actually, because you've got a Swindon avatar. But I can if you want! :)

Anyway, as I was saying. I've always loved the mighty Mr Darcy and the very talented <<insert name of low averaged foreigner here>>!

Rosco has to do what he thinks it's best but I wouldn't have made 2 changes if at all possible. It's a big risk for Rosco to take not only for his own side but possibly making a rival even stronger.

If Rosco would've done nothing then there would've been no chance of making the play offs so right or wrong it had to be done.

That's not nice now Grachan :D

Come back to Coventry Kyle, we all love you there, no dastardly moves to get riders in for play off finals either ;):D

When are Swindon due on TV next?

• Like 1

It was a choice between Zengota and Howarth and to be fair Zengi is averaging 7.5 in all matches so far compared to 6.1 for Howarth but it does make you think that maybe Britain should adapt a Polish feature of how many home grown riders must feature in the team.

While I appreciate Howarth has done well at Swindon since leaving Coventry (where he could return), I cant see him being any better than Thorssell or Musielak at Monmore so would be suprised to see him at Wolves but wish him well wherever he ends up.

That's not nice now Grachan :D

Come back to Coventry Kyle, we all love you there, no dastardly moves to get riders in for play off finals either ;):D

When are Swindon due on TV next?

Get stuffed. :) :)

• Like 1

Who is coming in to replace Howarth though? Do Swindon have many pts to play with?

Expect a bumper crowd at Blunsdon for Ward's debut, probably Sky will be there too.

• Like 1