British Speedway Forum

Have to say that this was the only choice if Swindon were going with Darcy and it is a shame on Kyle as he has done nothing wrong (the same as Zengi). In a choice between the two, it was always going to be Kyle and I wish him well (back at Coventry).

I don't know what all the outrage is about because we all saw this coming and, if not, you must have been hiding under a rock.

Fingers crossed that the changes turn the side into a title winning side :P

Edited by Steve0
  • Like 2

Have to say that this was the only choice if Swindon were going with Darcy and it is a shame on Kyle as he has done nothing wrong (the same as Zengi). In a choice between the two, it was always going to be Kyle and I wish him well (back at Coventry).

I don't know what all the outrage is about because we all saw this coming and, if not, you must have been hiding under a rock.

Fingers crossed that the changes turn the side into a title winning side :P

Howarth burnt his boat at Coventry by opting out of a return and bad mouthing the promoter afterwards surely?

If we want to get any better we need to come up with a better replacement than Howarth. He isn't significantly better than Robbo (worse at some places) and will hardly ever be there due to prioritising the PL.

Howarth burnt his boat at Coventry by opting out of a return and bad mouthing the promoter afterwards surely?

If we want to get any better we need to come up with a better replacement than Howarth. He isn't significantly better than Robbo (worse at some places) and will hardly ever be there due to prioritising the PL.

He won't miss any home meetings from having a quick look

• Like 1

Does Darcy even have a work permit yet? UKV&I guidelines say he shouldnt get one!

Dear oh dear you couldn't make it up.

Expect Gavan along anytime now to have a go at Swindon for dropping Kyle,after all he spent the best part of two years doing that everytime he posted on a poole thread.

Good to see Rosco current GB Team Manager looking after the interests of British riders and British speedway!!! I hope Ward does not get a permit and Rosco and Swindon have to go crawling back to Howarth because if I was him I would tell them to shove it down under!!!! :mad::mad:

And we wonder why British speedway has no future!!! :t::t:

• Like 4

Does Darcy even have a work permit yet? UKV&I guidelines say he shouldnt get one!

How amusing would it be if he didn't and how corrupt if he does ;)

Been confirmed now. Eduard Krcmar is the other signing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUvYXg5HPV0

:)

How amusing would it be if he didn't and how corrupt if he does ;)

Corrupt by whom? UKVI?

I'm guessing from the confirmations that the visa is all sorted.

I understand Rosco's predicament and don't particularly blame him for releasing Howarth. However, as Team GB manager, I would criticise him for having had only one Brit in his 1-5 at the start of the season. Howarth's replacement will tell us much about Rosco's attitude towards British riders. (I hadn't seen the post above naming his replacement,so there we have it then)

I have never really rated him as a national team manager His selection of Howarth as reserve for the WTC at King's Lynn,a track where he is poor, was particularly puzzling. Perhaps it was a sop knowing what his long term plans were.

Edited by Aces51

Rob Lyon confirmed to me Krcmar would be a 4.5 about a month ago so no dodgy dealings there.

There's also the financial side to this. If you were holding the purse strings for Swindon speedway, what would you have done?

• Like 2

Yes sidders me daughter lives off Grange Drive decent nosh there,I lived on Ermin Street 84-88 wasn't very good then...other good 'uns I've tried are Beechcroft Road, Roughmoor, West Swindon Centre, Pavenhill, Purton. Don't like the shops where they don't cook it fresh such as our local at Redhouse. Not many traditional English chippies around now.Still looking for a decent Indian/Chinese in Swindonia..if they ain't got that hygiene rating sticker I don't go in.

Can you remember "Haydon in Ermin street the old chip shop? in the late 60s early 70s which became a bookies ( Lou Macari.!!).And down Ermin Street they had a great baker shop and another shop called a silly name it was called Ethel Ducks a really decent shop.

Andersen is riding in the SEC meeting on Saturday.

Looking at the available guests, the options actually look stronger than if Adrian or Batchelir had been riding in current form.

Leicester will also need a guest for Walasek of similar avg to Batchelor with the 5% plus one for Auty.

I guess it depends on how many have got lunch time meetings in Poland the next day as this can sometimes but some riders off.

Is Auty back on the tenth for Scunny?

I agree, I like Howarth and reckon he has more to give yet. But I don't want any other team getting the benefit of Jacob and Tobby on low averages and why should we use Kyle to get his average down for next season. We need someone to beef up our top end, not middle order.

Musielak given time will do very well i hope Wolves persevere and reap the benefit in the long run.
  • Like 1