British Speedway Forum

Will Doyle return to Swindon ?

Hope so but the points he takes means the back up boys will have to be spot on which leaves Nick, Zengi & Troy fighting for one spot possibly.

Hope so but the points he takes means the back up boys will have to be spot on which leaves Nick, Zengi & Troy fighting for one spot possibly.

Pretty sure nicks final average is under 7. Wouldn't mind a top 3 of Doyle, zengi and Nick

• Like 1

Will be an interesting winter in many regards. Team building will be curious, I personally still have some time for the old way of allocate a points limit and let people build a team as they see fit, but we'll doubtless have rules about the number >8 or >7 or in the GP series once again. As others have said the fast track principle needs looking at, whilst positive in some regards once people are scoring 5 ride maximums it needs to be reviewed.

Rosco has said a couple of time we need an out and out #1. Unless we get some riders we don't expect deciding to do the UK in 2016 I assume that can only really be Doyle or Kildemand, yes I know the latter wasn't great in the play-offs but no disputing he's a #1 in my mind.

After that there are a number of "big hitters" around on losish averages, maybe because they aren't consistent as they once were or maybe as a result of the new meeting format, possibly both, I;m thinking Andersen, Lindgren, Harris, Bjerre etc, good recruitment here I think could make all the difference as some of these guys will still win meetings and could add significantly to their averages.

For Swindon I hope PK decides to do the UK, with a likely GP spot this is possibly not going to happen but with a <7 average an absolute steal. if we want a genuine #1 then Doyle is an option.

Batchelor can go for me, just doesn't show up when needed and I think his performance in the recent play offs have left lots of fans very frustrated.

Morris and Zengi both had good years, but have fairly high averages now, which might make accommodating them both difficult, Zengi was fabulous this year at times, think we all know Rosco would plump for Morris though if given a choice.

PK, Morris, Zengi, Andersen, Summers would make us pretty competitive and probably affordable??

Adver "Rider of the Year" time...can only be one winner, Darky finished easily top of the Elite averages with his 10 rides for Swindon, and without him wouldn't have made the play-offs. Zengi, Summers, Morra and Wrighty had good seasons.

Swindon can compete with the best when it comes to signing new riders, and will be attracting the best in their shiny new stadium at some stage next year.

Good performance from Killer in the GP tonight, he is now 9th in the table but 14 points behind Chris Holder to get to eighth, and remember he did not ride in the first three GPs. He deserves the 2016 wild card even though that might mean he cannot ride for us in 2016.

Jason, our "asset" came a good second and after his performance throughout the meeting deserved his first GP win.

Edited by A ORLOV

Adver "Rider of the Year" time...can only be one winner, Darky finished easily top of the Elite averages with his 10 rides for Swindon, and without him wouldn't have made the play-offs. Zengi, Summers, Morra and Wrighty had good seasons.

Swindon can compete with the best when it comes to signing new riders, and will be attracting the best in their shiny new stadium at some stage next year.

Definitely. My vote for Darcy is on its way.

• Like 1

Thanks Steve0

Rider of the year is Zengi. No info yet on other rider positions. One thing he has stated is that he wants to talk to the management on Sunday and try to sort out a return in 2016, I would have no problem with his returning.

• Like 2