British Speedway Forum
Stats

Australian Gp Is Back

STILL 12

So they are ditching the New Zealand GP?

Iversen, for example, as nine bikes. It always amuses me when people talk about "best equipment" which infers that they also have bad equipment. Why would they do that?

Does it ? it infers that they have there better bikes at the places where it is more important .. Do you really think that Woffy has the same standard equipment in the uk as he has in Poland in Sweden etc .

What makes me laugh is when people like you say riders are not scoring well in England because there tired but then the next night score 15 in Sweden v much better riders .

Does it ? it infers that they have there better bikes at the places where it is more important ..

Actually it suggests that they have bikes in each country to suit the tracks in those countries.

Niamh

• Like 1

Does it ? it infers that they have there better bikes at the places where it is more important .. Do you really think that Woffy has the same standard equipment in the uk as he has in Poland in Sweden etc .

What makes me laugh is when people like you say riders are not scoring well in England because there tired but then the next night score 15 in Sweden v much better riders .

CARE to point out where I have ever said that?

With regard to Tai, the answer is probably yes. He uses Peter Johns tuned engines everywhere. Some engines, while identical mechanically to others, sometimes perform differently. Chris Holder used only one engine throughout the 2012 SGP campaign and it carried him to victory. But do you not think that he wanted every engine to be the same?

My point is that riders don't set out to have some bikes that are better than others. It just happens.

Edited by PHILIPRISING

Of course riders want all their bikes to perform the same,but that is impossible.Even in this modern world it just doesn't work like that.engines produced on the same production line on the same day won't perform the same.There are differences and the more complicated and the more parts involved the more chance of differences.We have all seen or heard a rider talk about an engine performing well,getting busted and he was then "forced" to use his second bike.So of course they have "best equipment" and although it wouldn't be categorised as "bad" equipment it just isn't as good as the best........sometimes this might be partly a psychological thing,but it is ridiculous to say the situation doesn't occur

• Like 1

CARE to point out where I have ever said that?

With regard to Tai, the answer is probably yes. He uses Peter Johns tuned engines everywhere. Some engines, while identical mechanically to others, sometimes perform differently. Chris Holder used only one engine throughout the 2012 SGP campaign and it carried him to victory. But do you not think that he wanted every engine to be the same?

My point is that riders don't set out to have some bikes that are better than others. It just happens.

You said it on a Wolves topic I think a few weeks back ...you comment was that Puk scores were poor in the uk because he tired .Thou he was scoring well in Sweden and Poland . As I said at the time is he only tired when he's in the uk ? .

It's common sense that riders and going to invest and are going to need better engines etc where the money Is .. So as I said Tai poorer equipment or lack of money spent is in the uk .Hence why he so slow this year and has got a 7 point average while in the rest of the world he is doing very well and super quick .

Edited by orion

Seems a strange one that as soon as NZ is gone an Australian one appears. Especially when they could have shared the costs between them....hope Western Springs can be fitted back in in the future. Certainly would make a trip "down under" more appealing for European supporters.

Hahah Australia is a powerhouse of speedway

I suppose that this fits in with BSI plan to try to emulate Formula One GP's, but what sort of an attendance do they expect to get in Melbourne? The stadium looks terrific but it seats over 50,000. Always looks bad when a place is two thirds empty.

Also I think that taking what could be the deciding GP out of Europe is a kick in the teeth for the bulk of the sport's supporters.

Still I guess that the business plan must be in BSI's favour as they're not idiots.

MONEY, MONEY, MONEY.

That's ALL they are bothered about - sod the Sport and it's Supporters. :mad: :mad: :mad:

• Like 4

The aus gp was always going to have to be the first or last gp of the season. I assume the stadium unavailable early in the season due to other sports? If its anything like this season most riders will have something to race for, and if not an expenses paid end of season trip to aussie is hardly a hardship! Shame this couldn't have happened a year early to reduce the nz gp shipping costs, though wonder if as many aussies would have made the trip to unzud if they had their "own" gp.

Brother moved to Melbourne a few months back so he will be stoked, hopefully br able to make it across the ditch to visit him and see the world champ be crowned.

So it's ok for the aussie supporters that fly to Cardiff every year but it's not ok for the English & European supporters to come to aussie? That sounds fair!

So any riders in GP will have best equipment packed up by first week in October. So stuff the EL play offs.

Not sure which annoys me most to be honest - BSI or the play offs!

Is this Star Lady, or is it Trees? ;)

I think with the current weather situation, we may be looking at having the Play-Offs a little earlier next year.

Is this Star Lady, or is it Trees? ;)

I think with the current weather situation, we may be looking at having the Play-Offs a little earlier next year.

Definitely SL :D

I have great sympathy for Trees' viewpoint, but I don't always agree with the way she expresses it :P

I've never liked the Bloody Stupid Play Offs any more than I like the stupid dingly dangly tablecloth double points nonsense.

It never ceases to amaze me that folk who say they love speedway are so happy to curtail the season simply to allow for the play offs which, let's face it, were brought in simply to please Sky. If I still loved speedway I'd be bloody furious that the season was being shortened :lol: .

• Like 1