British Speedway Forum
NeilWatson

Elite League Grand Final 1st Leg - Coventry Friday 17th October

Williamson in for Compton!

Just hope he doesn't cause too many hold ups, last time i saw him he struggled to stay on past the 2nd bend!

Regarding the price hike i think that is a complete insult and yet another case of a promoter taking the P*ss out of the fans, i would stay at home if i was a Bees fan, its not even like you would be lifting the trophy if you win tonight as only the first leg, things like this just leave me shaking my head and questioning just how out of touch are the people who try somewhat badly to run our sport.

• Like 2

Let us hope that if they do get this meeting off the ground tonight before any threatened rain it can be started without the usual gardening at the tapes, going up to the tapes turning round and going half way round the track before going forward and back at the tapes, one rider doing it then another just wasting time.

False start — when riders move they should be made to go immedately back to the tapes, 2 minutes should go on immediately the red light is switched on. Tanks should be full of fuel at the start of each race to cater for a false start.

It will be the same for both teams

• Like 1

Just hope he doesn't cause too many hold ups, last time i saw him he struggled to stay on past the 2nd bend!

He could be useful if Poole were to get into any difficult 1-5 situations then :D

Edited by Dave Jones

Lol me too I was at leicester too made us chuckle in the end

Can somebody please explain the 8 day rule re guests. King and Batchelor tonight and last night for Poole??? Thanks in advance.

Last night was at Poole. Tonight is at Coventry. Different tracks.

Also apparently the rule does not apply to number 1's this year.

I am personally intrigued how Kennett and King (sounds like a double act) aren't allowed to ride at Poole on Monday due to the eight day rule, yet Harris and Garrity can ride for Coventry. ;)

Do the guests get a medal ?

Depends if they have had a couple of dozen made maybe first come first served.

I am personally intrigued how Kennett and King (sounds like a double act) aren't allowed to ride at Poole on Monday due to the eight day rule, yet Harris and Garrity can ride for Coventry. ;)

I assume you are jesting on this !

Is that so. Surely Cov would not object seeing they had Harris and Garrity at our track yesterday.

The 8 day rule only applies to guest riders riding for another club Kennett and King guested for Poole last night so cannot guest again until after 8 days for the same team 'the rule doesn,t come into consideration for Bomber and Garrity as they are riding for their own team .

Regarding the price hike i think that is a complete insult and yet another case of a promoter taking the P*ss out of the fans, i would stay at home if i was a Bees fan, its not even like you would be lifting the trophy if you win tonight as only the first leg, things like this just leave me shaking my head and questioning just how out of touch are the people who try somewhat badly to run our sport.

Why are they out of touch ? all finals cost more money in every sport why should speedway be any different ?

• Like 3

Why are they out of touch ? all finals cost more money in every sport why should speedway be any different ?

Because some people are not happy if they can't find something to moan about or can't have a dig at Mick Horton.

I assume the same people are going to moan about Poole's prices on Monday.

I assume you are jesting on this !

Of course I'm jesting. :D

By the spirit of the rule they shouldn't have ridden at Poole last night. :nono:

• Like 1

Of much more importance is this threat to Brandon with a housing estate instead of a track!!! I used to live in the area. It is a very pleasant place and I am hoping the residents will vehemently oppose any of the proposals.

Brandon is a good place to visit and it will be sacrilege if it goes. Sort of home to speedway to me.

and their burger van on the corner do superb chips!! I was there when the bees were supposed to hammer pirates a few weeks ago.

Of course I'm jesting. :D

By the spirit of the rule they shouldn't have ridden at Poole last night. :nono:

What spirit? The rules are clear, a rider cannot guest at a track twice within a week (8 days). I don't see anything that suggests they should not have ridden last night. If you want to ban all play-off riders from guesting for other teams then Poole should lead by example and tell Troy they're using someone else tonight :D