British Speedway Forum
NeilWatson

Elite League Grand Final 1st Leg - Coventry Friday 17th October

Let us hope that if they do get this meeting off the ground tonight before any threatened rain it can be started without the usual gardening at the tapes, going up to the tapes turning round and going half way round the track before going forward and back at the tapes, one rider doing it then another just wasting time.

False start — when riders move they should be made to go immedately back to the tapes, 2 minutes should go on immediately the red light is switched on. Tanks should be full of fuel at the start of each race to cater for a false start.

It will be the same for both teams

If only. I would quite willingly rugby tackle that chap on the gate at Coventry who lets them back into the pits if I was 50 years younger. :lol: Must admit it hasn't been so bad lately so hope they get a move on tonight. Is Dave Robinson the referee? He'll keep his eye on the clock. :wink:

Is it raining yet?

As long as you keep away from Hinckley you should be okay.

....foreverblue.....According to bookies it's Coventry's to lose, lets hope the bookies are wrong.

Coventry's to lose? They've obviously taken some bad advice from someone. My prediction is Bees 42 - Pirates 48. Game over but I couldn't care less because it's not Poole beating us, just a selection of the best guests they could get.

Edited by Gemini

Regarding the price hike i think that is a complete insult and yet another case of a promoter taking the P*ss out of the fans, i would stay at home if i was a Bees fan, its not even like you would be lifting the trophy if you win tonight as only the first leg, things like this just leave me shaking my head and questioning just how out of touch are the people who try somewhat badly to run our sport.

To be fair...

It is a final and many sports have a higher tariff for their respective finals, many a lot higher than three quid...

I can see why some people maybe peed off but you do have to remember that this increase tonight will be partly to pay for the winners and losers medals for all the riders who are eligible to receive one, and as at the last count that number stood at 48 (with many being eligible to receive both :o )!! Then a normal admission fee would have seen the two finals make a loss!! ;)

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 3

i think we will miss Josh G tonight got 12 last time at Coventry although Danny King is very capable and has a good record at Coventry.

Coventry's to lose? They've obviously taken some bad advice from someone. My prediction is Bees 42 - Pirates 48. Game over but I couldn't care less because it's not Poole beating us, just a selection of the best guests they could get.

Never :nono:

-Cov win tonight by at least 8! :t:

i think we will miss Josh G tonight got 12 last time at Coventry although Danny King is very capable and has a good record at Coventry.

To be fair that evening josh scored his points from a second string berth against a totally out of touch hansen and the bee's reserves ! King has scored well from the heat leader position on all his visits to brandon this season !
  • Like 2

Weather been warm and dry all day. Think track should be able to take a bit of water if does rain.

Weather been warm and dry all day. Think track should be able to take a bit of water if does rain.

I expect they will water the track well, this afternoon and make it nice and deep

Especially if they have run a plough round the outside to suit Chris Harris

Its strange but I actually feel more confident that we can win at Poole than tonight (although both would be great) esp now look at Poole's guests tonight compared to monday. King should do really well as riding as a second string and usually scores well at Brandon as a heat leader and Shamak of course always goes well around his home track.

The weather front coming in from the south west is looking rather dodgy abit like last night looking to arrive over Brandon about the same time as last night as well.

Hope it stays find for the next four or five hours.

Think it will be after 9.00, so as long as they get on with it, should be ok

Currently Driving past Worcester and it's drizzling that annoying amount that's too little for intermittent wipers. Hopefully stays that way the rest of the way!

Lets hope for no holes in track tonight, i`m sure even the Coventry track prep guy wont be as bad as the Poole one. :P

• Like 1