British Speedway Forum

I'd have him back. I want same top 5 really with new reserves but unfortunately we don't own cook so if he wants away we can't stop himI

I to would like the same team back but a must is stronger reserves. I must admit if possible (rules permiting) i would swap Frick for Toft.Re Cook as you say if he wants away then there is nothing we can do about it but if we boot him out because he droped his average in a tougth heat leader spot then we are mugs i think he still has a lot of improvement in him and whoever he rides for next year will reep the rewards.

ps Phil on a few threads you indicate that Cook may well be with the Lions next year can you share on here what you have heard that makes you think he will ?

Edited by B.V 72

I to would like the same team back but a must is stronger reserves. I must admit if possible (rules permiting) i would swap Frick for Toft.Re Cook as you say if he wants away then there is nothing we can do about it but if we boot him out because he droped his average in a tougth heat leader spot then we are mugs i think he still has a lot of improvement in him and whoever he rides for next year will reep the rewards.

ps Phil on a few threads you indicate that Cook may well be with the Lions next year can you share on here what you have heard that makes you think he will ?

When he guested for Leicester he said on the mic that he maybe in need of a change of clubs in EL. With it being at leicester I assume he means leicester

So im just guessing mate

Cook has stagnated anyway. I think he realised this year hes not nearly as good as he thought. Shown up in the GP and knocked out early of GP Qualy. Found his level now

• Like 2

Cook has stagnated anyway. I think he realised this year hes not nearly as good as he thought. Shown up in the GP and knocked out early of GP Qualy. Found his level now

Will have to differ on this i think he still has some inprovement in him.But if he does go who on a 6 point average do you think that will be a better replacement.

• Like 1

I think a change of team might be good for Cook. I think the guy is capable of doing much better than he is now but I think he thought he was better than he was and it's come as a surprise to him. He need's to get his head down and get focused on winning.

• Like 1

Thank you for that. I was getting worried; thought my two remaing little grey cells were exiting stage left!

Have Wolverhampton changed their name to the Aces?

I am sure I saw that this thread was "Aces 2015"

Having read through this thread, I believe everyone has forgot the golden rule of speedway - speedway riders are self employed and therefore when asked about their future, are going to give open ended answers - they are going to say that they like your fans, your track etc and a change may be good! It's just in case they need a change or in case their promoter decides to drop them at short notice.

A sensible rider would tell every club in the EL/PL that he loved their track, their fans and has always wanted to ride for them, that way keeping his options open.

Having said that, reading all your speculation is still good fun! :t:

• Like 1

When he guested for Leicester he said on the mic that he maybe in need of a change of clubs in EL. With it being at leicester I assume he means leicester

So im just guessing mate

Maybe being the magic word Phil.

Edited by B.V 72

To progress further and obtain team places abroad and more success in the big qualifiers and open meetings IMO Cookie needs a bigger and faster home track.

To progress further and obtain team places abroad and more success in the big qualifiers and open meetings IMO Cookie needs a bigger and faster home track.

If he stays he will have one in 2016.

If he stays he will have one in 2016.

Do you know what size the new track will be?

Hopefully it will be similar to the EOES, they could do alot worse imo..

350 metres

350 metres

Ok, get the shape right and you'll be onto a winner.

• Like 1

Ok, get the shape right and you'll be onto a winner.

(Quote from Belle vue web sight)Approx 350 meters long,the straights will be wide with plenty of room to pass and the turns will be big sweeping bends with the maximum banking allowed by the FIM for an international circuit.

Edited by B.V 72
  • Like 1