British Speedway Forum

When I first had a look at the team I got a bit giddy. I thought nailed on for the play offs. But looking at it, I think we will have done really well to make it. Its certainly a better team than last year, but the league is stronger especially at reserve. I just see 4 better teams, in fact 5. A lot is dependant on Max. I rate him highly, if he can get anywhere close to a 6.5, 7 point average then I think we will have every chance, but that's asking a lot of him.

I think we will just miss out. I fancy we will finish 6th but not too far away. The league will be very competitive this year. Apart from wolves it looks very even.

I have high hopes.

Just keeping my fingers crossed for an injury free run that's all. A lot can hang on how many injuries you pick up over a Season.

Any Aces fans who would like to see how Cookie rode in his first match in Poland.On the Ebinburgh thread Mr Blobby post number 731 has posted a u tube link to the meeting.(Thanks Mr Bobby hope you dont mind me passing this on as i am not savvy enougth to post the link myself on here.) :t:

• Like 1

Any Aces fans who would like to see how Cookie rode in his first match in Poland.On the Ebinburgh thread Mr Blobby post number 731 has posted a u tube link to the meeting.(Thanks Mr Bobby hope you dont mind me passing this on as i am not savvy enougth to post the link myself on here.) :t:

There you go:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WuMzvwhTq0

ENJOY!!!

• Like 1

Good to hear you are happy so far with your team. Wanted to get you on the first page where you belong. Not so many snipers here either, which is good to see long may it continue :-)

• Like 1

I have high hopes.

Just keeping my fingers crossed for an injury free run that's all. A lot can hang on how many injuries you pick up over a Season.

So true. A completely injury free season is probably too much to hope for, let's hop injuries are as few and as light as possible.

• Like 3

Hi all,team looks as good if not better than for a few years,Lemon a plus as team manager,he knows the crac.Should make play offs if we dodge the dreaded injuries,not having vast team assets,as one team has.

defiantly a better team than last year. top 6 at least.

defiantly a better team than last year. top 6 at least.

with an 8 team league, that's not much of a prediction.

hope this works.

//www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10153182176203421

It worked for me, make sure you have your volume turned on and enjoy

Edited by hyderd

Aces just look good all round ...Can't see how they can come outside the top 4 ..a proper number 1 with Cook and Nicholls giving good support they also have rock solid second strings and one of the best reserve pairings and also have a half decent team manager . The only worried is that for some reason the Belle Vue team have not done as well on the track as they have looked on paper in the last few years .

@JetwashJonny: Thanks for everybody's well wishes. Simon is not good and has a broken upper arm and a broken femur. He has the best family around him ❤️

Get well soon Simon. Gutted. Just gutted

• Like 3

Get well soon Simon. Gutted. Just gutted

For Belle Vue and him... :cry:

The season has hardly started what rotten luck..