British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
dontforgetthefueltapsbruv

Witches V Monarchs Kocup Final 1st Leg Thurs 16th Oct

Considering we haven't officially qualified for the final yet why would we officially announce that the cup final will be Thursday and Friday that would just be disrespecful to Newcastle. I'm sure once we do the job required tonight we will then put it on the website

I see that Mr Blobby, I was hoping that as the play off final was more important, and as that was sorted, Edinburgh would put that first. But I fully understand that unless we get some dry weather you could have problems, so It's probably a case of whoever says yes first. you've got to take it.

Edited by spanner47

Speaking of weather, an awful lot of rainfall is expected over the next few days and the forecast for the week isn't great.

This time of year, the track has little chance of drying out so could well be heavy going Thursday.

I see that Mr Blobby, I was hoping that as the play off final was more important, and as that was sorted, Edinburgh would put that first. But I fully understand that unless we get some dry weather you could have problems, so It's probably a case of whoever says yes first. you've got to take it.

the problem with the play-off final is sky might be covering it and we might be running the second leg on the 24/25th due to this.

Speaking of weather, an awful lot of rainfall is expected over the next few days and the forecast for the week isn't great.

This time of year, the track has little chance of drying out so could well be heavy going Thursday.

For such an important fixture, need to get in before Poole to borrow the only set of covers :)

It was the World Banger Championship at the weekend, and the rain today has been horrendous. Load of surface water around Kesgrave & Foxhall (the top of Bell Lane at the traffic lights is a good 12" deep).

Call if off now, so we can have the 2nd leg. If that doesn't wash with the authorities, then we'll get Baldy and Bruv to kidnap Bob, I'll jump on the tractor after there's been a shower. I haven't driven one of those things for years, but that doesn't matter, I'll just chuck a blade underneath, totally ruin the track, and then we'll have to call it off. Nobody will suspect sabotage, this is Speedway and you can do what the hell you want.

Failing that, I'll pray for lots of rain.

Looking unlikely I will be going, finances stretched tighter than, well a tight thing as having a joint 18th and 21st birthday party this week which leaves precious little for speedway.

Anyone fancy texting lol?

Call if off now, so we can have the 2nd leg. If that doesn't wash with the authorities, then we'll get Baldy and Bruv to kidnap Bob, I'll jump on the tractor after there's been a shower. I haven't driven one of those things for years, but that doesn't matter, I'll just chuck a blade underneath, totally ruin the track, and then we'll have to call it off. Nobody will suspect sabotage, this is Speedway and you can do what the hell you want.

Failing that, I'll pray for lots of rain.

And hold it when then?

And hold it when then?

We have our annual 16 lapper pencilled in for Thursday next week, so I'm guessing if the meeting this Thursday gets postponed, the 16 lapper will be scrapped and the cup fixture will take place instead?

Isn't the 16 lap part of the season ticket deal?

I know it used to be.

Looking unlikely I will be going, finances stretched tighter than, well a tight thing as having a joint 18th and 21st birthday party this week which leaves precious little for speedway.

Anyone fancy texting lol?

Yeah I don't mind sue

• Like 1

Isn't the 16 lap part of the season ticket deal?

I know it used to be.

http://www.ipswichwitches.co/index.php/fixture-list

"Please note that meetings marked * are not included in Season Ticket price but are eligible for a discount"

So as the 16 lapper has a * beside it, looks like it isn't included but you'll be entitled to a discount of some sort.

I haven't had a season ticket for a few years now, they just are not as good a value as they used to be, for example no 16 lapper included any longer.

Depending on which weather forecast you look at there's a pretty high probability of rain at various times for Thursday including a possible thunderstorm .

There could yet be a few twists and turns before the end of our season .

http://www.ipswichwitches.co/index.php/fixture-list

"Please note that meetings marked * are not included in Season Ticket price but are eligible for a discount"

So as the 16 lapper has a * beside it, looks like it isn't included but you'll be entitled to a discount of some sort.

Yeah, you only get to watch 12 laps ...

• Like 3

Yeah, you only get to watch 12 laps ...

will you never learn don't give them any more stupid ideas............

the problem with the play-off final is sky might be covering it and we might be running the second leg on the 24/25th due to this.

It doesn't just cover Edinburgh & Ipswich it covers the whole world Mr B . :wink: