British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mtommo

Woffiden Not Riding Tuesday

Come on.. give the fella a break. He was tired mid-season, all the extra racing in Europe. He doesn't need the hassle of the final meeting on his home track, which will give him time to say his farewells etc to the Monmore faithful, to get in the way of where his priorities lie.

Tai is not alone. I have heard various other riders slating Britain off... and I wouldn't invite them back, you know, when they feel they can slip us into their busy schedules at some point of a season.

Users... that's what I say they are.

LINE-UP: Ricky Wells, Danny King, Richard Lawson, Rory Schlein, Jacob Thorssell, Scott Nicholls, Pontus Aspgren, Tobiasz Musielak, Steve Worrall, Oliver Berntzon, Chris Harris, Aaron Summers, Gino Manzares, Peter Karlsson, Lasse Bjerre. RESERVES: Max Clegg, Tom Perry.

That is only 15 riders. Is the 16th rider Joe Jacobs or Chris Harris again.

Tai will have his say on sunday at the Cleveland.

He wont shy away from awkward questions put to him, from what will be mainly Wolves supporters.

Until then,the jury is still out on the rights and wrongs of this season,and whatever the future holds for him he will tell with a honest and truthful answer.

Think all the tickets are sold for this event.

WASHED OUT - NO RE STAGING DATE

So the season appears over and what has been a damp squib of a year for the team, fans and management has ended under water.

As for Tai, his press release thanking his fans for the support over the season almost reads as a end of season speech.

“I’ve learnt a lot from it and I think I can be a better and stronger rider in the future. Right now I need to go away, take stock and look at what I’m doing next year.

“I want to thank everyone who has supported me in the past year, going right back to when I won the title last October and those people who believed in me right from when I first started.”

Whatever his plans for next season, he will reveal more on Sunday but despite his poor showing in England this season, he still only rode two meetings less than Thorssell and Jacobs and actually had more races than anyone else. The fact he failed to score in 23 races for one reason or another shows how he struggled but also how the format used in 2014 didn't help him when he was at a low.

Standing for what? All that's happened is a bloke has possibly turned down a nights work.

In reply to the original post most of the sensible Wolves fans have been very critical of Tai this season.

Rightly so.

• Like 3

Cheers Tai. Careful the door doesn't hit your arse on the way out.

If folks are being unfair on him because he wasn't asked then why has he not put his side on twitter as he isn't shy of telling us everything else.

Bridges burnt.

There's no side to put.

He's not riding in a pretty low quality individual meeting. Gone are the days when they brought top names in for the Olympique.

There's no side to put.

He's not riding in a pretty low quality individual meeting. Gone are the days when they brought top names in for the Olympique.

Unlike the one in March maybe ;)

There's no side to put.

So ! he's Wolves Number 1,every year all current Wolves riders ride in the Olympique,as fans we expect it,never before have the home contracted riders been able to decide or choose if they can be bothered.Shows how much in even at Wolves that the tail is definitely wagging the dog !

• Like 1

There's no side to put.

Doe be daft. He getting pelters for not riding. His side would be whether he was asked. If he wasn't then we need to know that. Personally can't imagine he wasn't pencilled in. As for the rest :t:

Tai will have his say on sunday at the Cleveland.

He wont shy away from awkward questions put to him, from what will be mainly Wolves supporters.

Until then,the jury is still out on the rights and wrongs of this season,and whatever the future holds for him he will tell with a honest and truthful answer.

Think all the tickets are sold for this event.

The more Wolves fans I speak to off here, the more I find that aren't bothered whether Tai comes back next year or not.

I think that sums up the bad feeling that many fans have of how he has treated the club this year.

It is all the more frustrating when you hear reports of how good his average has been in Poland and Sweden while his average over here has dropped by almost 2 points a match.

Wolfie

• Like 2

The more Wolves fans I speak to off here, the more I find that aren't bothered whether Tai comes back next year or not.

I think that sums up the bad feeling that many fans have of how he has treated the club this year.

It is all the more frustrating when you hear reports of how good his average has been in Poland and Sweden while his average over here has dropped by almost 2 points a match.

Wolfie

Be interesting to see if anyone is brave enough to put some tough questions to him at `the evening with...` on Sunday night. ;)

Wolfie

Not sticking up for him if thats how it looks Wolfie,lets hear what he has to say first.

Quite agree,that his popularity has fallen amongst Wolves fans(especially like yourself and Lefty and others,who travel to all the away matches)that feel they have been badly let down.

One of the most frustrating things for me,was watching his behaviour in the pits from televised matches in Sweden compared with the ones we witnessed at Monmore.

At Vetlanda,he was like a bottle of fizzy pop,and genuinely looked like he wanted to be there.

In total contrast to what he was like on a monday at Wolves,where he seemed glum and downtrodden,and giving the impression it was the last place on earth he wanted to be.

The biggest injustice of course,would be to see him move on to another club on that false average,and it was us who gave it him.

I would not loan him out I would just sell him no rider bigger than the club as Mr Pedersen found out not many fans want him back ever. Lets just have riders that want to ride.

• Like 1