British Speedway Forum

After Saturday we now know 5 riders who will be in the 2016 SEC finals

1 Sayfutdinov

2 Pedersen

3 Lindback

4 Kolodziej

5 Vaculik

After that it`s 7 from the qualifying, 3 picks,(non-GP riders) and 1 wildcard per round

Regarding Emil's arm, I've seen comments that it was just dislocated so I can see why someone night mistake that for a broken arm.

So initially the involved parties might have thought that arm was broken but it later turned out to be a dislocation.

His shoulder popped indeed out during the celebrations. They put it back in and he went to hospital to get it checked.

Ermolenko sufferd his leg injury in a long-track accident in Germany in the late 1980s. Nicki Pedersen has never ever ridden on a long-track and was still on a 80cc youth bike back then. Don't blame Nicki for all and everything.

Apologies, that's an old wives tale then. Can anyone really support Nicki and his misdemeanours over the years mind?

Apologies, that's an old wives tale then. Can anyone really support Nicki and his misdemeanours over the years mind?

Sometimes, yes. IMO he gets a poor deal and has a few times been unfairly excluded. But that said Saturday night he should have been excluded when he and Pawlicki clashed. He played the system/referee and he won.

Sometimes, yes. IMO he gets a poor deal and has a few times been unfairly excluded. But that said Saturday night he should have been excluded when he and Pawlicki clashed. He played the system/referee and he won.

He's still losing the war though this season, 50-50 situations have been decided against him too many times.

1) Fans of my generation who were weaned on speedway at Custom House and Hyde Road know a race track when we see one. The SEC and tracks like Ostrow have the edge over GP's at tracks like Cardiff...for me anyway.

2) I don't pretend to know what's going on with Emil, his advisers, the Russian Federation or the GP organisers, but the series without Emil is a travesty. Absolutely no disrespect to Tai or Greg, but winning the World Championship when the double-European Champion and arguably the world's best rider is not competing slightly diminishes the achievement...for me anyway.

This season has only confirmed that I made the right choice giving up the GP.I won the European Championship with ease, because I was more relaxed and I could prepare for major competitions with less obligations. Next year, I will ride again for the European title. I don't even think of The Grand Prix. I do not want to change something that works flawlessly. Besides, I have now a wife and child, they are everything to me - said Sayfutdinov after winning for the 2nd time in a row the European Championships over the weekend at Ostrow, Poland.

Edited by PolskiZuzel
  • Like 1

This season has only confirmed that I made the right choice giving up the GP.I won the European Championship with ease, because I was more relaxed and I could prepare for major competitions with less obligations. Next year, I will ride again for the European title. I don't even think of The Grand Prix. I do not want to change something that works flawlessly. Besides, I have now a wife and child, they are everything to me - said Sayfutdinov after winning for the 2nd time in a row the European Championships over the weekend at Ostrow, Poland.

And you believe that ??

• Like 1

OK. Question for question

What proofs, or reasons do you have to disbelieve that ?

One reason-as a professional speedway rider he should/would want to achieve the ultimate goal -World champion.

will that do ?

• Like 1

Should want to...yes, Does want to...it seems not.

One reason-as a professional speedway rider he should/would want to achieve the ultimate goal -World champion.

will that do ?

You have asked earlier whether I believe in what Emil said after winning the Euro title.

Personally, I have no reason to believe or disbelieve. I just reported what HE said.

What I believe though is that SGP is wrecking riders most important obligations...riding at their best in the leagues.

Most important, because League competitions, whether in the UK, Sweden, or Poland are riders most important employers, not the SGP.

I don't know any any other motor sport where riders/drivers would divide their time between participating in the League competition and a long series of individual events ending with the World title. If SGP wants to survive than it needs to reduce the number of their rounds. Elite League in the past, and the EkstraLiga now, are/were the first victims of their riders SGP obligations. It ruined Elite League reputation and it's doing the same to the EkstraLiga.

• Like 4

A fair summary PZ.

One reason-as a professional speedway rider he should/would want to achieve the ultimate goal -World champion.will that do ?

Absolutely, but is is worth the sacrifice by not being home with your family more then maybe 1 day in the week?

will that do ?

He would if it wasn't so long and time consuming ....