Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Skidder1

El Play Off Final 2nd Leg - Poole V Coventry Monday 20th October 2014

A big well done to Poole Pirates. Very well deserved. Poole ride so so well when there backs are against the wall. As a Poole fan it was fantastic to have Darcy with the boys in the pits through the semis and finals. As always Poole fans and Management pull together and deliver the goods. I know you Poole bashers will jump on this post but it was a fantastic meeting and both teams put on a great show. Would like to say that the jump starts should have been dealt with both at Coventry and Poole.

• Like 2

Commiserations to Coventry. Top job by the boys on the night. We've had everything thrown at us this year and come through it all to win another one.

Doesn't get any better than that, especially the burn outs in the stand!

Well done to Poole on a deserved win and good to see the League winners winning the play-offs too. I've nothing against Coventry but they didn't deserve to be 'league champions' as the stupid p-offs dictate.

The league covers the whole season and Poole earnt that title.

Exactly what i agree with. top of the league are league winners not the mickey mouse competition at the end.

Poole were worhty league winners same as in my opinion Birmingham were in 2013

With no association with either team, I thought that was a terrific meeting last night, a reminder of how good speedway can be. Poole have been a 6 man team practically this season but Newman's return to form in the second half of the season meant that they were able to cope. I thought Howarth was terrific in the play off final and I hope his display gets him an opportunity to race abroad next season, which is so vital to the development of young British riders. I've also been impressed with Sarjeant when I've seen him lately. Makes you wonder why he can't get a PL berth.

not realy if your number six is banging in double figures every meeting. even if the number 7 only gets 1 its hardly a handicap

• Like 1

Congratulations to Poole, worthy winners over the two legs

Bees badly let down by Andersen, not the stand-out no.1 we needed

Good to see Bees immediately congratulate Pirates when the outcome was settled, despite the latest piece of crap emanating from Muddlo - does he have a brain he could engage before his mouth?

Look forward to seeing how far Magic can go in the sport, he looks a World Champion in the making

Newman outstanding, too - well done

Pleased with Bees' efforts in the main, Howarth in particular

Now to retain our stadium!

• Like 2

What a cracking meeting we had riders jumping the starts, riders turning left on riders, riders try to fence riders, A rider being told his services were not required so a replacement could be brought in, and still Poole win.

We[[ done all the Pirate, and commiserations to Coventry and their supporters. Also commiserations to all the Poole haters as you are probably having a bad time at the moment trying to think of nasty thing to say

jeez and you wonder why some Poole fans get a bad name. what a daft post.

accept you won fair and square but no you take the mick.

jumping starts - yes

turning left - no only your clown of a team boos thinks that

fencing - saw no dangerous riding last night. just hard but fair from both sides.

jumping starts - yes

fencing - saw no dangerous riding last night. just hard but fair from both sides.

Jumping starts - Yes

Turning left - Yes (be pretty hard to race a speedway bike if you couldn't turn left). I don't think Hans was unfair, I think Middlo was just caught up in the passion of the night. At least he didn't make muppet comments about a team of racers on a slick track.

Fencing - Yes. There is nothing fair about crashing your way into a position.

jumping starts - yes

I suggest you read post 443 before you start spouting off

A fantastic meeting with some very good racing and some great moves. Big well done to the whole team who have yet again made Poole Champions ;)

What a record for 2014.

Top of the table

Semi Final, Lynn. Winners !!!!

Semi Final, Poole, Winners !!!!

Final Coventry, Winners !!!!

Final Poole, Winners !!!!

All in all a very enjoyable year and we look forward to increasing and extending our sponsorship in 2015

To end on, what a year Mr Newman has had as well :D Turning out to be a great little rider and shows British lads can do it with a little bit of help and the right team round them.

Congratulations to both teams for putting on 2 good meetings. It is a pity that more team matches aren't as entertaining.

• Like 5

Ref's decision to award Heat 3 was correct in accordance with rules 15.5.2 and 15.5.3 as race leader Janowski had completed two laps prior to the race being stopped and Harris being disqualified for unfair riding.

What!!!

This decision is one of the worst ive ever seen.

Firstly to award the race was a farse,the ref had clearly been told to move the meeting on at all costs,because of the weather,heat 2 was also a jump start but he let it go.

2- Frickle had just been passed by the Poole boys when harris wiped him out,whos to say Max could not have repassed the poole boys,you just cant say that when he was passed 5 seconds earlier.

3-someones telling porkies,when Havy was intereviewed he said the ref said Harris!!!! had no chance of catching the poole boys!!! Harris was excluded wasnt he?!! do we know 100% he was exluded .

4 If you are going to have 2 lap races 2 or 3 times during the meeting,how can you expect the fans to come back ? Talk about being short changed,i dont know what the ref is doing awarding races at any cost when people pay good money to watch 4 lao racing.At least the flag man on the track thought the same as me and tried to give value with an extra lap in one heat!!!!

5 who was the ref last night?.It should be standard to say who the ref is before heat 1

• Like 1

What!!!

This decision is one of the worst ive ever seen.

Firstly to award the race was a farse,the ref had clearly been told to move the meeting on at all costs,because of the weather,heat 2 was also a jump start but he let it go.

2- Frickle had just been passed by the Poole boys when harris wiped him out,whos to say Max could not have repassed the poole boys,you just cant say that when he was passed 5 seconds earlier.

3-someones telling porkies,when Havy was intereviewed he said the ref said Harris!!!! had no chance of catching the poole boys!!! Harris was excluded wasnt he?!! do we know 100% he was exluded .

4 If you are going to have 2 lap races 2 or 3 times during the meeting,how can you expect the fans to come back ? Talk about being short changed,i dont know what the ref is doing awarding races at any cost when people pay good money to watch 4 lao racing.At least the flag man on the track thought the same as me and tried to give value with an extra lap in one heat!!!!

5 who was the ref last night?.It should be standard to say who the ref is before heat 1

I blame Matt Ford :lol:

• Like 1

A fantastic meeting with some very good racing and some great moves. Big well done to the whole team who have yet again made Poole Champions ;)

What a record for 2014.

Top of the table

Semi Final, Lynn. Winners !!!!

Semi Final, Poole, Winners !!!!

Final Coventry, Winners !!!!

Final Poole, Winners !!!!

All in all a very enjoyable year and we look forward to increasing and extending our sponsorship in 2015

To end on, what a year Mr Newman has had as well :D Turning out to be a great little rider and shows British lads can do it with a little bit of help and the right team round them.

Main team sponsors next year again?

• Like 1

Hard to read through some of this thread in case I catch the 'negative' bug, god some people are hard to please!

I really enjoyed last night. I thought the sky coverage was excellent, the racing was exciting with plenty of drama, both teams weren't prepared to give an inch and it made for a great ending to what has been a poor season for british speedway. I’m a massive fan of the play offs, it’s the exciting part of the season, it’s what gets stadiums full and like last night, it produces some great action and excitement!

It’s certainly wets my appetite for next season already!

Janowski, Newman & Pawlicki were exception for the Pirates and whatever you think of Poole, Matt Ford & Middlo, they know how to win titles and they know how to build teams year after year.

• Like 3

5 who was the ref last night?.It should be standard to say who the ref is before heat 1.

Mick Bates I think. I agree it should be part of the initial presentation to say who is the referee then I wouldn't have to ask my friend with a programme who it is at every meeting. ;)

• Like 2