British Speedway Forum
Skidder1

El Play Off Final 2nd Leg - Poole V Coventry Monday 20th October 2014

Anyone would think his misdeamour was to murder someone. All we have is that he marginally exceeded a mathematical limit with absolutely no evidence that it affected him, and there were mitigating circumstances. OK its a limit that all riders must abide by and he has to be sanctioned/fined. Watching from the sidelines while his club juggled the guests (as it turned out successfully) must not have been easy. However, lets wipe the slate clean for next season and let the best rider in the Elite league continue his career with the best club in the Elite league. Why deprive Sky and its viewers the sight of a star on two wheels strutting his stuff on the track.

That argument is just making excuses i am afraid.

And if someone who drives for a living blows `exceeded a mathematical limit with absolutely no evidence that it affected him` can use mitigating circumstances to the police or a court of law??

The rules are clear it seems. Stefan Danno had a ban for being over the drink limit, Dudek is banned after being found to use (probably something harmless) a substance not on a recognised list (doesn't that count for mitigating circumstances??).

You seriously suggest Ward should be exempt because its depriving viewers of SKY seeing him next season?

I thought i had read all the excuses under the sun but this is a new low.

No-one is suggesting he should be treated like a murderer, he isn't. But there is no logical reason as to why he should be exempt when other riders have been banned for doing the same thing.

(this is not an anti Poole/Darcy Ward post so please don't turn it into one thanks folks)

• Like 1

It's typical of the multi-aliased one to use different names to say the opposite thing. I really think that he/she/it, needs psychological help

Well said! any less rider would have been gone along time ago. We were told when he had his very serious court case a couple of years ago it will change him and he will grow up! 3 further incidents have happened since! Darcy is a lost cause off the track.

I swear Ford said in the media after the previous incident that he was on his last chance? (But don't quote me on it, not 100% sure) If I am right seems like bit of an empty threat.

• Like 1

I see the sensible Poole fans are in disagreement with not so sensible Poole fans. It's plain to anyone knowledgeable that Darcy shouldn't be back at Poole as the try fans of the club want him to learn his lesson

Why do people constantly stick up for the bloke. I dont want to see him next year in Poole colours or have our name linked to him. As i said, let him prove himself and then were wipe the slate clean.

Think that's what Matt needs to look at, its not just Poole as a club connected its the sponsors too!

Darcy is a brilliant rider but he has been caught doing wrong. I am not in a position to say what the punishment should be and like everyone must wait for the FIM to decide.

I do not think that any club owner from Poland,Swenden or GB would have influence on the FIM. I do not think Matt Ford is the most influencial of the owners. Poland I feel are far stronger.

However, Speedway is a very small part of the FIM and the influence of this sport is very low down the pecking order.

I feel they have taken too long to hear the case but perhaps that's because of other pressures of motor sport.

One thing I do think is every rider should be tested before every meeting not just names drawn out of a hat.

• Like 1

CALM DOWN, Darcy has wronged and is paying for it, no earnings since August, it's not like he can claim on his insurance is it? It was mentioned a few times on the final coverage that Darcy had lent engines to a couple of the Poole riders, so maybe that is where the praise is being aimed.

As for next year it could be a risk to include Ward in any team, but maybe he will have gained something out of this lengthy absence

• Like 1

can you not see what matt ford is doing , he does it all the time and that is using the press for his advantage , by publicly praising darcy he thinks it will somehow make darcy look

in a brighter light , so when the FIM make there judgement on darcy they may be more lenient....

I don't think the FIM will take any notice. They will punish as they see fit.

• Like 2

I see the sensible Poole fans are in disagreement with not so sensible Poole fans. It's plain to anyone knowledgeable that Darcy shouldn't be back at Poole as the try fans of the club want him to learn his lesson

It's not sensible vs not so sensible at all. I just don't care that much about what Darcy did. He was marginally over the limit, it was wrong, he could of put others at risk, he is paying the price, he hasn't taken a pay cheque in months and hopefully he will have learned his lesson this time.

I still think he is one of the very best riders in the world, he's provided me with some of the best races I've ever seen and I'd love to see many more, especially riding for my home team.

Darcy knows everybody thinks he's a massive wang, he knows there will be no more chances after this one, so I am confident his lesson has been learned the hard way.

I don't think the FIM will take any notice. They will punish as they see fit.

Agreed, I doubt very much the FIM is reading the Bournemouth Echo :D

• Like 1

IMO, You'd be foolish to let a rider like Darcy go, on his day, best rider in the world, why let another club potentially use that against you? Yes, the guys a tool sometimes, but its 1 time out of how many times?

• Like 1

IMO, You'd be foolish to let a rider like Darcy go, on his day, best rider in the world, why let another club potentially use that against you? Yes, the guys a tool sometimes, but its 1 time out of how many times?

Spot on. He's a tool, but he's a tool we could do with in our set.

It's not sensible vs not so sensible at all. I just don't care that much about what Darcy did. He was marginally over the limit, it was wrong, he could of put others at risk, he is paying the price, he hasn't taken a pay cheque in months and hopefully he will have learned his lesson this time.

I still think he is one of the very best riders in the world, he's provided me with some of the best races I've ever seen and I'd love to see many more, especially riding for my home team.

Darcy knows everybody thinks he's a massive wang, he knows there will be no more chances after this one, so I am confident his lesson has been learned the hard way.

Stevebrum, the above comment says it all. Nowhere did I say he should go scottfree. He has been suspensed, not making any earnings. How much more kicking do you do to someone who is down? The example you quote were different circumstances.

• Like 1

Think that's what Matt needs to look at, its not just Poole as a club connected its the sponsors too!

Your exactly right ;)

I swear Ford said in the media after the previous incident that he was on his last chance? (But don't quote me on it, not 100% sure) If I am right seems like bit of an empty threat.

He did say that so were wait and see shall we.

I don't know if its a case of sensible or not, just a difference of opinion. You seem to try and put Poole supporters into groups, Those that agree with you and those that don't..

For the record I think he should get a ban. Now where does that put me?

What he has done has got to be punnished if he is let off it will only be with the help of others. He did wrong and no one knows how much over the limit he was. It has never been mentioned.

He should be out of the sport for the entire season next year and lets stop all the spawing about him, he is a toatl idiot

Let him have a year off to stew in his own juices and then lets see if he has learnt his leason and can come back, a far better person for it, I belive if he gets no punishment for this he will just carry on as he has done all along and that is be the clown of speedway.