King's Lynn Stars = 43 (87)

1. Kenneth Bjerre
2. Robert Lambert
3. Chris Harris (Guest)
4. Stuart Robson (Guest)
5. Rory Schlein
6. Jason Garrity (Guest)
7. Simon Lambert

I'm sure this has already been touched on many times but 7 Guests!!

Nobody in the industry can be overjoyed at this conclusion to the season?

Surely squads MUST be the way to go. With maybe 1 Guest max in extreme circumstances?

As a neutral, the final is just a non event. What has it got to do with the rest of the season?

Thanks for pointing out this to us

I'm sure not many members of this forum were aware

It will be very interesting to follow the debate on this

• Like 1

I agree that it's a ridiculous situation, but hasn't it been caused, at least in part, by having a cutoff of 28 August for team changes?

With the playoffs running into the middle of October it is clearly too early to allow teams to adequately cover for injuries and other unexpected circumstances.

• Like 1

Poole Pirates = 47 (92)

1. Troy Batchelor (Guest)

2. Edward Kennett (Guest)

4. Danny King (Guest)

5. Maciej Janowski

6. Brendan Johnson (Guest)

7. Kyle Newman

King's Lynn Stars = 43 (87)

1. Kenneth Bjerre

2. Robert Lambert

3. Chris Harris (Guest)

4. Stuart Robson (Guest)

5. Rory Schlein

6. Jason Garrity (Guest)

7. Simon Lambert

I'm sure this has already been touched on many times but 7 Guests!!

Surely squads MUST be the way to go. With maybe 1 Guest max in extreme circumstances?

As a neutral, the final is just a non event. What has it got to do with the rest of the season?

What has Happened to Rider replacement ,surly this would take out 2 guests and maybe promotion of No 8s to get rid of another 2 just a thought

• Like 1

Probably a bigger shame for you that it was a play off fixture !

I was being ironic.

Edited by The White Knight

I agree that it's a ridiculous situation, but hasn't it been caused, at least in part, by having a cutoff of 28 August for team changes?

You're right on both counts. So is the comment about rider replacement.

To me, guests aren't the problem so much as the number of them. Scarcely a meeting has been raced this season with full teams and that simply must be addressed.

Sadly, though, that is not all that is wrong with speedway.

One meeting this season did that for me: Kent v Mildenhall, Bank Holiday Monday. An dreadful track with the chalk base showing through after a few heats, numerous falls (at least partly caused by the track) , a 15 heat match that took 3 hours to run and the appalling sight of an injured rider walking the length of the straight because the first aid people refused to allow the ambulance on the track (something, apparently, that the management were fully aware of) despite the fact that there was a gate less than 20 yards from the accident.

Bryn Williams is one of may favourite presenters but even he was hamstrung into doing anything about this 'farce'.

Then we have the clubs press officer arrogantly stating that they would not comment on the pages of this forum about the meeting and that replies would only be made by E mail.

Elsewhere it is confirmed (very correctly) that most clubs can't do anything about stadiums. What they can do, though, is make every effort to ensure that track surfaces are prepared for the entertainment of paying customers, that the presentation is good and that there are as few delays as possible. I am sure I don't even need to mention the safety of riders.

I am also sure I have said this before and will probably say it again, but that simply isn't case across the country.

Poole Pirates = 47 (92) 1. Troy Batchelor (Guest)[/size]2. Edward Kennett (Guest)[/size]4. Danny King (Guest) [/size]5. Maciej Janowski [/size]6. Brendan Johnson (Guest) [/size]7. Kyle Newman[/size]King's Lynn Stars = 43 (87) 1. Kenneth Bjerre [/size]2. Robert Lambert [/size]3. Chris Harris (Guest) [/size]4. Stuart Robson (Guest) [/size]5. Rory Schlein [/size]6. Jason Garrity (Guest) [/size]7. Simon Lambert [/size]

I'm sure this has already been touched on many times but[/size] 7 Guests!!

What has happened to

Poole

3. Shamek Pawlicki ?????????

With Edward Kennett and Danny King being almost perma-guests during the play-offs will they get winners medals or will one still have Drunkard Ward's name on it instead?

What has Happened to Rider replacement ,surly this would take out 2 guests and maybe promotion of No 8s to get rid of another 2 just a thought

Promoters can't win, most fans complain and take the p when clubs run r/r!!!!

Promoters can't win, most fans complain and take the p when clubs run r/r!!!!

but at least your using your own riders, and guests for reserve riders is ludicrous No 8's Should Be promoted

We all know why we have the guest system, to keep teams reasonably even within the restrictions of the averages. Even if they are able to sort out some sort of squad system, how will averages be used? Unless u always have to bring in a member of your squad who has a lower average than the rider they are replacing?

Squads are never going to happen over here unless a rich sugar daddy comes into British speedway and turns us into the Polish model!

• Like 1