British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
topaz325

Workington V Edinburgh 18/10/14 19:00 Hrs (pl)

Think I'd keep him unless he states that he wants to leave, he's still young, and I feel that next season can't be as bad as this for him.

• Like 1

Congrats to Worky on the big win.

I'm surprised I must say.

Looked like a strange evening - 7 race winners to the Mons but lost a stack of 1-5s.

Still as long as everyone is unscathed and No bike issues that will be the main thing.

• Like 2

The Comets were on song. Track superb and plenty of grip considering the weather. Where do we start with next years team building. Plenty to ponder guys, what ye thinking?????

Well done Worky some better form at home at last. Not many teams beat Edinburgh comfortably.

However I am surprised this meeting got finished, could they not find a reason to call it off?

• Like 1

Unexpected result but it'll do nicely!!

Looking on updates, Comets 3 top men totalled 38, E,boro's top 3 totalled 38, it would appear that the back up to them was the deciding factor, Comets had it E,boro didn't?

Couple of tidy performances around tonight, half an eye on next season perhaps but overall it looked a sound effort, didn't make it myself tonight, got a better offer, Oh I do like the smell of money!! :D

Seriously tho, how many were there tonight, thought it would be touch and go myself so pleased it got run, saved a bit of bother!! ;)

Unexpected result but it'll do nicely!!

Looking on updates, Comets 3 top men totalled 38, E,boro's top 3 totalled 38, it would appear that the back up to them was the deciding factor, Comets had it E,boro didn't?

Couple of tidy performances around tonight, half an eye on next season perhaps but overall it looked a sound effort, didn't make it myself tonight, got a better offer, Oh I do like the smell of money!! :D

Seriously tho, how many were there tonight, thought it would be touch and go myself so pleased it got run, saved a bit of bother!! ;)

Wasn't a massive crowd , but they missed a great meeting . Our lads rode their socks off , and was a great feeling for Edinburgh to go home empty handed and having used two tacticals before heat 8!! Seeing Mr Invincible in a black and white helmet is a rarity around DP ;-) Edinburgh are weak at reserve which could be where the Rebels will pip them to the post (hopefully :-) )
  • Like 1

Good performance from the Comets, well done Lambo on the big 14 pt haul and the rest of the lads who all put in a good shift.

Edinburgh no doubt will be stronger with Worral back but do look weak at reserve even if Sneddon is back from injury.

One more thing, message to the BSPA, get rid of that TR rule!! :nono:

Roll on 2015. :approve:

No doubt the monarchs would be using 2nd bikes etc in this meeting.... Had it mattered they would have stepped up to the plate no danger :)

• Like 2

No doubt the monarchs would be using 2nd bikes etc in this meeting.... Had it mattered they would have stepped up to the plate no danger :)

[/quote

yea . the monarchs did look a second hand outfit.

Result not really a surprise never came out of second gear all night. I'm sure if the match wasn't a pointless one the score would have been on the other way around.

Simon Lambert scored 14 out of a possible 15 says it all really.

• Like 1

Totally meaningless match..just happy everyone got out unscathed :approve: I've no doubt Monarchs would have stepped up their game had it been an important fixture..fact :D Congrats to Workington on a very rare victory over the Blue & Gold..well you have to give a little something to those less fortunate sometimes don't you :P Reading through some postings,It's quite sad when some people on here would rather bask in someone elses glory & are wetting themselves over a potential Somerset victory next weekend but hey ho there ya go..bring on the Rabbles ;)

Congrat's to Worky on a fine win over the Smug's and there bleating on how many meeting's in a row they have now won blah blah blah although i am a neutral and not bothered who won really just glad Worky did though :D .

• Like 1

Result not really a surprise never came out of second gear all night. I'm sure if the match wasn't a pointless one the score would have been on the other way around.

Simon Lambert scored 14 out of a possible 15 says it all really.

:rofl::rofl: You lot are unbelievable !!! We WERE there to witness the match. You really think the Smugs pride would have let them just show up to a meaningless match , shut up :lol: , the Monarchs were racing their backsides off as much as the Comets. Had you had Worrall more than likely a different story but very weak at reserve and it was what it was on the night, which is where Somerset could capitalise on. And you wonder why people call the Smugville. get beaten and still have an excuse that they wouldn't be trying as the match meant nothing. Get over yourselves !!

With a little bit of lady luck could be a whole different ball again after this weekend :wink:

:rofl::rofl: You lot are unbelievable !!! We WERE there to witness the match. You really think the Smugs pride would have let them just show up to a meaningless match , shut up :lol: , the Monarchs were racing their backsides off as much as the Comets. Had you had Worrall more than likely a different story but very weak at reserve and it was what it was on the night, which is where Somerset could capitalise on. And you wonder why people call the Smugville. get beaten and still have an excuse that they wouldn't be trying as the match meant nothing. Get over yourselves !!

With a little bit of lady luck could be a whole different ball again after this weekend :wink:

i believe

After that result it puts the self proclaimed best team on the front foot for silverware and full of confidence for the play offs :)

Edited by Arson fire