British Speedway Forum
Super Blue

16 Lap Classic @ Ipswich 23-10-14 7-30pm

The traditional season finale for Foxhall is greeted for me with mixed feelings as it obviously signals the start of the long 5 month lay off before the new season . However it is one meeting that I always love to attend because it is so unique .

For those who don't know the format 12 riders compete in the main meeting to qualify for the final in which 8 riders using 2 sets of tapes attempt to complete 16 laps of racing .

I say attempt as it is truly a grueling test of both man and machine ! Many a time in past years has a rider apparently sailing to victory suddenly been hit by failing machinery , lack of fuel or just plain tiredness .

The line up for this meeting .

Danny King

Rory Schlein

Ricky Wells

Jason Garrity

Richard Lawson

Richie Worrall

Rohan Tungate

Morten Risager

Cameron Heeps

Gino Manzares

Ritchie Hawkins

Adam Ellis

Should be an interesting meeting weather permitting so get down to Ipswich and enjoy , it's a long time to wait till the end of march for your next dose of Speedway !

Edited by Super Blue
  • Like 2

Even after all these years I still look forward to this one too.

Nothing else is quite like the view of those 8 riders getting to turn 1 almost together.

Common sense for me would see Gino giving it a miss though.

• Like 2

Even after all these years I still look forward to this one too.

Nothing else is quite like the view of those 8 riders getting to turn 1 almost together.

Common sense for me would see Gino giving it a miss though.

Actually, yes Gino should be on the next plane home to the USA to be reunited with his family asap and come back fighting fit next year! The lad has certainly taken some knocks recently.

• Like 1

It might be speedway but this does nothing to justify spending £16 on it! :cry: Oh for the 16 lappers of old with a proper line up!

is it your time of the month mate? lol

Bring you bottle tops for the sweepstake to keep the heats interesting then.

Edited by dontforgetthefueltapsbruv

I think the Speedway we see will be better than the dross served up on Thursday by the Witches against Edinburgh.

I still think they should try a handicap formula during the qualifying, with riders who finish first or second having to start from rear gate in their next rides. There's no guarantee the racing will be any better, but unless they try a bit of variation for what is effectively an end of season novelty event anyway, they will never know. At the very least, it would mix up the qualifying points.

• Like 1

Id say thats a decent idea HET. Certainly worth a try.

Great idea, as normally the qualifying races are pretty tame, but can't beat watching the 16 lapper itself. It used to be even better with the old silencers on, 8 bikes used to be pretty noisy.

I've never been to this meeting before, but I think I'll come along this year for my final fix of the year.

I used to go to Ipswich most seasons before they dropped to the PL so it'll be good to go back there - and with Lawson, Ellis and King there I'll have a few Hammers to cheer for!

This year could be carnage if Jason Garrity makes the final :shock: He never looks in control over 4 laps never mind 16!!!

• Like 2

I've never been to this meeting before, but I think I'll come along this year for my final fix of the year.

I used to go to Ipswich most seasons before they dropped to the PL so it'll be good to go back there - and with Lawson, Ellis and King there I'll have a few Hammers to cheer for!

Lovely sunny day. Beware the Foxhall micro-climate ... it will be cold!

This year could be carnage if Jason Garrity makes the final :shock: He never looks in control over 4 laps never mind 16!!!

I predict he could qualify as a top end scorer and then become the first rider ever to be excluded for touching the front row tapes from the back row. Some of his recent rollers as seen on TV have been that spectacular!
  • Like 1

Anyone out there interested in Witches DVDs? I've got several from 2011, 2012, 2013 & a few from this season, mostly in the four-packs that Rerun Productions provide for their subscribers, and covering about 60 meetings in total.

£30 the lot - I could arrange to meet the buyer at Foxhall tonight. PM me if you are interested :)

SOLD!!

Edited by Had Enough Too