British Speedway Forum
Super Blue

16 Lap Classic @ Ipswich 23-10-14 7-30pm

just like watching a kids fairground ride, no overtaking what so ever. i can also see why ippo are the only club doing the 16 lapper. . if worky held one of those, it would be a no go foe me.. but stick with it and it may come good.. but not in my life time,, mr wells back at worky next year tho..

I don't think anyone else is allowed to run a 16 lapper as Arena Essex ran a similar event but it was only a 12 lapper event years ago if my memory serves me.

Can anyone actually prevent a promoter staging a 16 lap event?.

Bored me to tears the one and only time I went.

What size crowd was there this year?

back in the day when we were in the top league in the 80's the 16 lapper was a great event one almost every year by Hans Nielsen. The top riders all wanted to ride in it and it was a fantastic spectacle. Anyone remember Mark Lorams forks breaking in the run off against Andy Galvin?

Now unfortunatly its run its course as an end of season event . Make it the first meeting of 2015

As an aside to the main thread topic I have somtimes wondered why when we have the facility we never have used the second set of tapes for 15m offences in official meetings.

I appreciate that as they stand the second set are a bit further back tham 15m but cant imagine it would take too much effort to move them.

At least them when there is a tapes offence it would add a degree of professionalism to the situation.

At least them when there is a tapes offence it would add a degree of professionalism to the situation.

And that's why. .... too professional!