British Speedway Forum
magnus

Bspa Meeting...

I was hoping that they would have looked at reducing riders' costs and changing the rules for starting races, to try to reduce the number of re-runs.

• Like 3

I was hoping that they would have looked at reducing riders' costs and changing the rules for starting races, to try to reduce the number of re-runs.

I know, how about a team of fast trackers, and flag start the riders. what planet are you on..

A lot of speedways problems start and finish at ACU House in Rugby

If you as a promoter ring the office during the lunch hour you receive a fine, why cant the staff lunch hours be staggered to provide a full day service?

Letters that are sent to the BSPA sit in the office waiting for a managent team member to read them, in March a letter from the Visa and Immigration dept oif the British Government REQUIRED an answer by April 1, it was ignored and mightily P....Off the V&I Agency

Speedway is now in the same category as your local Indian Takeaway

A clear out is needed at Rugby and new staff that dont treat every day as POETS day need to be enployed Where else will you find a glorified secretary on a tad short of 50k

That needed saying, well done.

Where else will you find a glorified secretary on a tad short of 50k

Wouldn't be unreasonable if the service was good and they were empowered with some executive decision-making.

Wouldn't be unreasonable if the service was good and they were empowered with some executive decision-making.

Which would appear not to be the case according to the following comment you omitted from the same post that you quoted.

Letters that are sent to the BSPA sit in the office waiting for a managent team member to read them, in March a letter from the Visa and Immigration dept oif the British Government REQUIRED an answer by April 1, it was ignored and mightily P....Off the V&I Agency

Indeed, so he's gone to get his haircut - he's currently in the barber queue ...

I'll get my coat :)

bacon sound like a thick cu t

I know, how about a team of fast trackers, and flag start the riders. what planet are you on..

What planet are you on.

• Like 1

Rory has tweeted that as his average is over 6 he cannot ride PL as well. New rule?

... it is intended that the ELRC will be run at an early stage of the season, prior to the start of major International events.

So is that bye bye to the ERC? Remember the ERC? No? Don't worry, it's best forgotten anyway.

No team closed during the 2014 season,

No teams are in danger of going out of business in 2015,

No riders failed to get paid last season

No guests required during the 2014 season

All seems well on planet BSPA so no need to change except for a helmet colour

I wouldn't be surprised if some established clubs like Birmingham, Eastbourne Lakeside and Rye House joined the National League where at least the low point rates allow a club to still make a profit.

• Like 2

Every year the same Promotions say if things don't change at AGM then they won't be sure if they are running next season nothing that would change the financial side of the sport ever happens yet they all run the next season.whos kidding who here.

3 pts for ANY home win? And still 1 pt for away loss by less than 6? What a rubbish rule. Lots of fixed results will come!

• Like 2

Every year the same Promotions say if things don't change at AGM then they won't be sure if they are running next season nothing that would change the financial side of the sport ever happens yet they all run the next season.whos kidding who here.

That is what I am struggling to understand. Plymouth have stated that they wouldnt run in PL, if costs were not reduced. Scunthorpe have stated that unless things change 2015 would be their last season, and most tracks lost money last year.

The BSPA have just tinkered with a few things, but done nothing to solve the main problems, ie riders costs, too many guest riders and long drawn out meetings.

The costs have not been reduced. As usual, they appear to have buried their heads in the sand, and are probably blaming the weather, football world cup etc. for poor attendances last year, and think that suddenly the crowds will come back in 2015, and everything will be fine!!

Very likely that come the end of 2015 season, most tracks will again have lost money, and some will be threatening to close again.

• Like 1