British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  

Eric Jolly, Rip

ERIC JOLLY, RIP.
He was well known in the 1950s and early 1960s as a junior rider at California-in-England, Oxford, Aldershot and Wimbledon. Eric Jolly was often a helper to Eric Hockaday, with whom he remained a close friend until he passed away aged 83 years on Thursday, October 16, aged 83 years.
Eric Jolly was a nephew of the Belle Vue and England star Eric Langton.
Eric Jolly was a keen supporter of the annual speedway reunions which have been held annually at California since 2007.
Details in regard to furneral arrangements will be given when they are finalised.

ERIC JOLLY, RIP.
He was well known in the 1950s and early 1960s as a junior rider at California-in-England, Oxford, Aldershot and Wimbledon. Eric Jolly was often a helper to Eric Hockaday, with whom he remained a close friend until he passed away aged 83 years on Thursday, October 16, aged 83 years.
Eric Jolly was a nephew of the Belle Vue and England star Eric Langton.
Eric Jolly was a keen supporter of the annual speedway reunions which have been held annually at California since 2007.
Details in regard to furneral arrangements will be given when they are finalised.

The funeral and memorial service for the late Eric Jolly is at Easthampstead Park Cemetery on Monday, November 3, at 11.15am.

The cemetery is situated in the grounds of Easthampstead Park, near Wokingham Berks.

The cemetery and crematorium are located on South Road, off the Nine Mile Ride (B3430), within easy reach of the M3 and M4 motorways.

Very sorry to hear of Eric's passing. Bob Andrews in New Zealand informed me. Both he, Eric and I met up at the recent California-in-England reunion recently when Bob was over for a few weeks. I do have a picture of Eric, together with Bob Andrews and Eric Hockaday at the reunion, but I don't have a clue as to how to attach it here. If anyone wants to see it, they can email me at tim@poolepirates.net and I will forward it.

Tim.

As previously mentioned, Eric Jolly was a nephew of the great England and Belle Vue rider Eeric Langton. I remember once that he also mentioned that the Jolly family were very close friends to that of another Belle Vue and England great (and later a Harringay and Bradford favourite) the hard riding Joe Abbott.