British Speedway Forum
Woz01

Coventry 2015

Been 3 days now and still only £10 raised!!

Not surprised why anyone would contribute when the fans got cheated in the first place.

I don't think Swindon will be a certain home win.

Me neither. Swindon always worry me as they seem to be our 'bogey' team. Still, looking on the bright side I do get to see my Robins friends from Basingstoke who I'm sure will be making the trip up to Brandon. :)

• Like 2

Oh dear oh dear oh dear.

That is all that there is to say on this matter.

• Like 1

Pretty bad taste from the club to ask the fans to cough up even more money to this miserable debacle. Fair enough if fans are willing to contact the club off their own back about donations but very unprofessional to mention it in a formal statement. A shame, as the opening paragraphs read quite well.

I'm afraid the club will have to make do with the £18 I wasted on attending the meeting. If the donation was to get a DJ and some decent meeting presentation at future Bees meetings then I'd be straight in there!

Edited by JamieE
  • Like 2

It gets worse - now the club want the supporters to fund their ACU appeal :rolleyes:

http://speedwaygb.co/news.php?extend.29217

So the fans, having already been short changed have to stump up the appeal money and then if the appeal is accepted they all get their money back do they? Dom't think so.

Mick Horton was the laughing stock at Peterborough and he is trying to drag Coventry down to his level. He has more money than most speedway fans i would imagine and now he is begging.

You have to ask yourselves would any other promoter stoop so low.

Edited by foreverblue

Embarrassing to ask for donations.

Can I ask the promotion for a donation to attend a meeting next time?

It gets worse - now the club want the supporters to fund their ACU appeal :rolleyes:

http://speedwaygb.co/news.php?extend.29217

What a total embarrassment. Don't they engage their brain before they release these begging statements..??? Unprofessionalism plumbing new depths....!!!! Dreadful. If a fan got a speeding fine would they ask the club to pay it. No, they'd have more dignity and respect for themselves.

Once again, speedway fans being used as a cash cow.

The total fines of £4125 equate to only 230 full paying adults.

Gates must fluctuate by more than that at every home meeting depending on the weather and visitors, so surely they can take this in their stride? Why involve the fans?

For whatever reason they allowed themselves to get forced in to a difficult situation and then handled it badly. By all means pursue the ACU route but to go cap in hand to the fans is too much. Otherwise we shall all be expecting a bonus if/when we get a bumper gate in the final.

I can hear Charles Ochiltree turning in his grave again.

Coventry used to be the model professional speedway club.

All the best

Rob

Edited by lucifer sam
  • Like 1

I don't understand why the ACU would even consider overturning an SCB ruling which was solely based on breaking the rules?!

Agreed that the other issues about 'meeting responsibilities on or before the day' need further clarification, assuming they haven't already been clarified at the SCB hearing, but that's a separate issue.

The sideways pop at Poole is also totally unneccesary. Poole didn't issue any statement, Gordon Pairman (SCB Board member) merely answered a question put to him in an Echo interview!!

I don't understand why the ACU would even consider overturning an SCB ruling which was solely based on breaking the rules?!

Agreed that the other issues about 'meeting responsibilities on or before the day' need further clarification, assuming they haven't already been clarified at the SCB hearing, but that's a separate issue.

The sideways pop at Poole is also totally unneccesary. Poole didn't issue any statement, Gordon Pairman (SCB Board member) merely answered a question put to him in an Echo interview!!

I suggest that you read the statement on your clubs website.

• Like 1