British Speedway Forum
Woz01

Coventry 2015

I suggest that you read the statement on your clubs website.

Have I missed it? Apologies I did look but couldn't find it.

Update: - Looked again and didn't realise it was in the post-hearing statement.

Maybe his presence counter-balanced that of the Chairman?!

Edited by Skidder1

Have I missed it? Apologies I did look but couldn't find it.

Update: - Looked again and didn't realise it was in the post-hearing statement.

Maybe his presence counter-balanced that of the Chairman?!

Even when you admit you were wrong you still have to defend it

Once again, speedway fans being used as a cash cow.[/quote

Next they will want a donation towards team changes.

Let's not forget the club lost a lot of money being forced to run the meeting and fines wouldn't even be an issue if it was postponed. Will have put a donation in? I will maybe put a small one in just for the reason above. They shouldn't ask directly though. I think they are right appealing if they truly believe they have a case, about time some clubs put their foot down. If possible I will ask about this at Thursdays meeting about the stadium, how much loss was made and what exactly are they appealing.

Edited by woz01
  • Like 1

Even when you admit you were wrong you still have to defend it

Not sure how Mr Pairman could have a conflict of interest? Poole did nothing wrong and were not otherwise represented at the hearing.

Of the 4 other SCB panel members, 2 are from the ACU - the very same body that Coventry are now intending to appeal to!!! I just don't understand the logic in appealing against a rule that was clearly broken.

Coventry were once upon a time a respectable club. Oh dear. What a disgrace to go cap-in-hand begging online. If a certain Poole promoter resorted to this low sink I would say goodbye. Words fail me reading their statement. But I will try a few.....shocking, foul, humiliating, degrading...etc.

If this were the armed forces the promotion would have been cashiered. Disgraceful.

Edited by PiratesPiratesPirates

Let's not forget the club lost a lot of money being forced to run the meeting and fines wouldn't even be an issue if it was postponed. Will have put a donation in? I will maybe put a small one in just for the reason above. They shouldn't ask directly though. I think they are right appealing if they truly believe they have a case, about time some clubs put their foot down. If possible I will ask about this at Thursdays meeting about the stadium, how much loss was made and what exactly are they appealing.

Appealing maybe worth it if there was any chance of success but this is like backing wolves to win the league! Edited by foreverblue
  • Like 1

Coventry were once upon a time a respectable club.

Not during or since the winter of discontent!

• Like 1

Me neither. Swindon always worry me as they seem to be our 'bogey' team. Still, looking on the bright side I do get to see my Robins friends from Basingstoke who I'm sure will be making the trip up to Brandon. :)

Swindon do have a good record at Brandon, although the Bees have had a few decent results at Blunsdon as well since the Robins returned to the Elite 11 years ago.

Should be getting much better attendances at Blunsdon with massive catchment area...Basingstoke/Reading/Oxford/Bristol/Bath/Gloucester/Cheltenham etc., all within 40-miles of the Wiltshire track etc.,

Edited by haydon hat

I buy two season tickets every year that is my right and my choice. Who do these "supporters" think they are criticising genuine Coventry supporters!.

• Like 1

I couldn't make the havvy meeting at the nssc please was there anything interesting to come out of it pm it if it's private

Many thanks

Doh. It's quite simple really, the cub and riders have been penalised financially. If you wish to help then do so, if you don't then keep your wallet/purse shut.

• Like 3

No issue whatsoever appealing the charge and subsequent fine. Obviously no chance getting the meeting replayed but the charge and fine is harsh considering the inspection didn't happen as agreed.

• Like 1

Assuming Coventry finish top, who will u pick for the playoffs? Aces, kl or try to get poole out of the way in the semis?