British Speedway Forum
Woz01

Coventry 2015

Should be allowed in the interests of speedway........

Can't see it happening anyway, know backbone

Have to agree. Although who is available to bring in that wouldn't cost a fortune. Wolves and Swindon also found it hard finding riders

Maybe they should look at the money they are wasting on silly appeals instead of worrying about the cost of a new rider that would make us strong favourites to win the playoffs.

• Like 4

Havvy confirmed on Tuesday night that Kyle had been in touch with him and bomber to enquire about a team place.

The club have no plans to make a change unless enforced by lnjury to one of the current septet.

• Like 1

Havvy confirmed on Tuesday night that Kyle had been in touch with him and bomber to enquire about a team place.

The club have no plans to make a change unless enforced by lnjury to one of the current septet.

I can see why Coventry want to show loyalty to the riders we have but think we will regret it come the play offs.

Robson gives 100% but he is a 4pt rider. Howarth was great for Coventry last year esp in the play offs. Would definitely make us stronger.

I can see why Coventry want to show loyalty to the riders we have but think we will regret it come the play offs.

Robson gives 100% but he is a 4pt rider. Howarth was great for Coventry last year esp in the play offs. Would definitely make us stronger.

How do you know it would "definitely" make us stronger? How do you know Robbo won't score big in the play off's should we get there?

We are top of the league because we have a great team as it is.

Stop banging on about changes and get behind all 7 of them FFS!!

• Like 3

How do you know it would "definitely" make us stronger? How do you know Robbo won't score big in the play off's should we get there?

We are top of the league because we have a great team as it is.

Stop banging on about changes and get behind all 7 of them FFS!!

I really like Robson but can you show me an away meeting where he has scored big?

As for getting behind the team, I am there cheering both Bees & Storm on each meeting (even when rain & gale force wind) 😉

Edited by mdmc82

I really like Robson but can you show me an away meeting where he has scored big?

As for getting behind the team, I am there cheering both Bees & Storm on each meeting (even when rain & gale force wind)

I'm not trawling through meetings gone by looking for stats and scores. I don't care. I simply don't have the time to spend on here like you do day in day out posting.

We are not going to make any changes. Its as simple as that and as CB252 said, Havvy confirmed it on Tuesday. However, there is plenty going on behind the scenes to improve Robbo. So get behind him.

As for getting behind the team, I am there cheering both Bees & Storm on each meeting (even when rain & gale force wind)

I can form an opinion based upon having been present at all of the away meetings that Stuart has ridden for the Bees this year.

He scored well in the A fixture at Wolves, where he was arguably our best rider, in what was a dreadful collective team performance. His performance went a long way towards securing a point from that meeting. Howarth is dreadful at Monmore.

He had decent rides at Belle Vue in both fixtures, coupled with a tonne of rotten luck. I'd back Robbo to beat Howarth at Belle Vue any day of the week. Rode well at King's Lynn apart from giving up a lap early in one race. Howarth is dreadful at Lynn.

His performance in the B fixture at Poole wasn't that bad given that he had Andersen hindering him at every opportunity and he was harshly excluded for an inside pass on Gomolski in one heat.

There simply isn't enough justification for bringing Howarth in. In doesn't make the team significantly stronger, if at all. in fact, you could get Belle Vue in the Semi and Kyle could quite easily go there and score 0 and we'd be bemoaning the fact that Robbo would have done better.

Couple all this with the fact that we aren't allowed to win the title anyway. Everybody already knows who will be lifting the trophy in September / October.

• Like 4

just speculating here but the fact the promotion are asking for donations to pay for the fines from the SCB would point to there being no money to bring in a replacement for anyone in the team.

Madness not to consider changes, perhaps Horton has spent all his money on trying to get the Poole match re staged!

I can form an opinion based upon having been present at all of the away meetings that Stuart has ridden for the Bees this year.

He scored well in the A fixture at Wolves, where he was arguably our best rider, in what was a dreadful collective team performance. His performance went a long way towards securing a point from that meeting. Howarth is dreadful at Monmore.

He had decent rides at Belle Vue in both fixtures, coupled with a tonne of rotten luck. I'd back Robbo to beat Howarth at Belle Vue any day of the week. Rode well at King's Lynn apart from giving up a lap early in one race. Howarth is dreadful at Lynn.

His performance in the B fixture at Poole wasn't that bad given that he had Andersen hindering him at every opportunity and he was harshly excluded for an inside pass on Gomolski in one heat.

There simply isn't enough justification for bringing Howarth in. In doesn't make the team significantly stronger, if at all. in fact, you could get Belle Vue in the Semi and Kyle could quite easily go there and score 0 and we'd be bemoaning the fact that Robbo would have done better.

Couple all this with the fact that we aren't allowed to win the title anyway. Everybody already knows who will be lifting the trophy in September / October.

Can't argue the last line. However, the optimist in me hopes we go hell bent on giving ourselves the best chance to win. Agree about some of Robsons away performances, I saw him at the Wolves A meeting and Lakeside and he did quite well. But ultimately, our season's going to come down to how we do on the big power tracks of Lynn, Poole and probably Swindon (although hoping BV make it). Without checking all the stats, from what I have seen Robson isn't particularly strong at any of these whereas Howarth is obviously good at Swindon and usually at Poole (even if he did only get 1 if I recall as a guest there recently), the tracks that will shape our season.

just speculating here but the fact the promotion are asking for donations to pay for the fines from the SCB would point to there being no money to bring in a replacement for anyone in the team.

This sounds like the most realistic reason for the lack of changes to me. Thank goodness we at least saw Kylmakorpi brought into the team before it was too late to make a go of the season.

• Like 1

Even more so when they also lost tens of thousands after being forced to run the meeting. It could make all the difference in being able to sign a rider or not.

• Like 1

Madness not to consider changes, perhaps Horton has spent all his money on trying to get the Poole match re staged!

just another reason poole will win ,,,again

ford has money to burn ...

To me a simple look at the averages should tell who's the better rider. I'd say Howarth has but not certain.

Loyalty will win sweet FA

• Like 3

Good score from the Sarj last night riding for Glasgow at Ipswich - 7 points riding at no2.