British Speedway Forum
Woz01

Coventry 2015

Even a 28 day replacement for Robson would have bet a good idea, knowing he had been signed off for at least 3 weeks.

By keeping Stuart in our 1-7 we have been able to cherry-pick replacements on a horses-for-courses basis, and to Gary's credit he has booked some excellent guests.

• Like 1

By keeping Stuart in our 1-7 we have been able to cherry-pick replacements on a horses-for-courses basis, and to Gary's credit he has booked some excellent guests.

Not convinced, think some of the 6pt riders mentioned on here would have scored better or Howarth who was great for bees last year and our best rider in the play offs.

We don't even have the option of summers as a guest now.

Will Robson be back for Friday?

Edited by mdmc82

Yes I remember the last one , Summers and he scored bugger all. :neutral:

Oops beaten to it by bees-man. :D

Edited by Dave Jones

In fairness to Summers, he does usually ride well at Brandon. On his previous visit guesting for Belle Vue he's scored 3,3,3,0,0 so could understand why Gary picked him. I imagine he will score well against us Friday.

Edited by mdmc82
  • Like 1

I think you're re-writing history there. Summers performed badly, and two others were rained off and now we have Matej Kus tomorrow. I'm not going to list all the possible riders again (and I'm sure at least some are not interested or are too expensive but then we were told Joonas was too expensive as he wanted paying more than Hans - some would suggest that means Hans is being paid too much!) but there are so many that we could have surely signed someone better than Summers (1 from 3) and Matej Kus (looking forward to being wrong on that one)

Earlier in the season picking Doolan was inspired but now we have a situation where we have almost 2 points to play with and it's not bring utilised. I'm hoping your just waiting till nearer the cut off point to use the available points.

Plenty of foreign riders available like Michelsen and Buszkowski and even a Brit like Barker who is now riding for Peterborough at PL level he'd improve the side as a 2nd string IF he's fully fit obviously

Edited by woz01

Cherry-pick I've heard it all now, what a joke.
  • Like 1

The more and more I think about it it'll be Barker. An asset, will be cheaper than other options but will also improve the side if 100% fit.

Been a fan for 40+ years, travel 180 miles each way for home meetings, love the bees but even I am wondering why I should bother? Simple maths says if you can strengthen up by 2 points you do it. Home and away that is +4 for us and -4 for the opposition, 8 point swing is huge. If the promotion do not or can't afford to give us the best chance of winning the league then why should I give my money away?? Really want to believe we are in this together. P.S. Will take this back if we do have a signing waiting

In fairness to Summers, he does usually ride well at Brandon. On his previous visit guesting for Belle Vue he's scored 3,3,3,0,0 so could understand why Gary picked him. I imagine he will score well against us Friday.

He will and help the Roo bins get a win providing our reserves up their game a bit.

Edited by A ORLOV

Surely if you re declared with a 6.5 rider, they could have ridden one meeting then witheld their services and u could have cherry picked guests of a higher level for 28 days? Or kept the 6.5 rider who would likely be better than a cherry picked 4.5 rider on most tracks?
  • Like 1

He will and help the Roo bins get a win providing our reserves up their game a bit.

Summers guested at Brandon the other week and scored 1. So inconsistent at Brandon but he could also be a match winner.