British Speedway Forum
Woz01

Coventry 2015

@kylmakorpi: Had a bad crash in the Danish league tonight. Still in hospital as I had a big bang on my back. Luckily I have full movement and feeling.

Really bad news for Coventry 😞

Fingers crossed he's okay

All going wrong for us. Another NL shambles this evening and Kylmakorpi now crocked with a feeble average from which to select a guest.

• Like 1

Ha ha, I was moaning more about the NL shambles I've just attended where the mythical and fictitious curfew was wheeled out as an excuse for abandoning the meeting.

Shame about Joonas but the season was long gone anyhow.

• Like 1

All going wrong for us. Another NL shambles this evening and Kylmakorpi now crocked with a feeble average from which to select a guest.

I've looked in my dictionary - it doesn't define 'shambles' as an hours delay while medical attention is given to an injured rider. I guess you weren't actually at the track?

Ha ha, I was moaning more about the NL shambles I've just attended where the mythical and fictitious curfew was wheeled out as an excuse for abandoning the meeting.

Shame about Joonas but the season was long gone anyhow.

So you were at the track, in which case you will know that the ambulance left the track at 10.55pm, when there were still ten heats to be raced. What decision would you have taken?

• Like 1

Looks like Jason is ok now, scoring 11+2 for Sheffield at Redcar!

Jason was brilliant at Redcar last night, on that form he'll be scoring plenty of points for the Bees and Tigers in the playoffs.
  • Like 2

I've looked in my dictionary - it doesn't define 'shambles' as an hours delay while medical attention is given to an injured rider. I guess you weren't actually at the track?

So you were at the track, in which case you will know that the ambulance left the track at 10.55pm, when there were still ten heats to be raced. What decision would you have taken?

The thing is Neil, stop lying to us about this curfew at Brandon. Myself, CB252, Mick Horton and plenty of others sat in a meeting regarding the future only a few weeks ago and were told by a local councillor that there is no curfew at Brandon.

We could accept that their was still 10 heats to go and after Dans crash it was unlikely to go ahead, but stop lying to us.

The thing is Neil, stop lying to us about this curfew at Brandon. Myself, CB252, Mick Horton and plenty of others sat in a meeting regarding the future only a few weeks ago and were told by a local councillor that there is no curfew at Brandon.

We could accept that their was still 10 heats to go and after Dans crash it was unlikely to go ahead, but stop lying to us.

I suppose the announcement could have referred to 'A time beyond which it would not be reasonable to continue racing', but I suspect that's how most people would have interpreted the word 'curfew' in any event. Edited by NeilWatson

I suppose the announcement could have referred to 'A time beyond which it would not be reasonable to continue racing', but I suspect that's how most people would have interpreted the word 'curfew' in any event.

I've just looked up the word "curfew" in the dictionary, just like you did with "shambles". Stop lying to us. Accept that there isn't a curfew at Brandon and explain it properly, for example how you've worded the first part of your post.

The next double header starts at 7:30 I believe, I doubt the second meeting will make it to the end.

I was more Concerned about Dan Greenwood than getting the second meeting finished and didn't take it that the meeting was stopped at 10.30 because of a curfew but more due to the fact it could be a while until Dan was able to be moved and therefore it would then be very late to continue. Hoping he's okay.

Any more news on Kylmakorpi? 🙏

• Like 1

I've had a quick look in my dictionary as i noticed some new words have been added recently.

I checked the word curfew and it was described as a word" most often used by the shambles that run Coventry Speedway in order to exploit their paying customers whenever possible" :D

• Like 4

I suppose the announcement could have referred to 'A time beyond which it would not be reasonable to continue racing', but I suspect that's how most people would have interpreted the word 'curfew' in any event.

Nobody expected racing to continue after the accident but as others have said, stop using the word curfew. Or at least advise the paying public (the few that are left) that the curfew is self imposed. The stock cars regularly proceed well past 11. Make swift decisions on how you're going to reimburse the public for paying for two meetings but only watching one.

Also ask yourself why we were only on Heat 5 of the second meeting at 10 o clock. The only word to describe that is 'shambles'. A lot of the blame for that would appear to lay at the feet of the referee, who seems to have gone senile in recent weeks.

The delay between the two meetings was at least twice the length it needed to be.

We're seriously going to try this again next Friday with a 7.30 start? I wouldn't bother travelling if I were an Eastbourne rider or fan that's for sure.

Edited by CB252
  • Like 1

Pressrelease från Joonas Kylmäkorpi

Joonas Kylmakorpi took part in a crash during yesterdays Danish League meeting between Region Varde and Esbjerg. Joonas was taken to the hospital and diagnosed with minor back injury. He has full body movement and feeling, he is positive about quick recovery. Kylmakorpi will remain in the hospital for 3-4 days. He would like to thank all his fans for warm messages and support, he is certain to be back on the bike this year.

Big blow for Coventry.

That means we go to Swindon on Thursday with no JK, King and Howarth.

Pressrelease från Joonas Kylmäkorpi

Joonas Kylmakorpi took part in a crash during yesterdays Danish League meeting between Region Varde and Esbjerg. Joonas was taken to the hospital and diagnosed with minor back injury. He has full body movement and feeling, he is positive about quick recovery. Kylmakorpi will remain in the hospital for 3-4 days. He would like to thank all his fans for warm messages and support, he is certain to be back on the bike this year.

Big blow for Coventry.

That means we go to Swindon on Thursday with no JK, King and Howarth.

Hopefully kylmakorpi is back sooner rider than later but we certainly wont miss him at Blunsdon as he is awful round there !

Get well soon JK! After what's happened the past few weeks with injuries I really don't care about the end of the season now.