British Speedway Forum
Woz01

Coventry 2015

So who would you like in 2015. Ideally I'd have Harris, Howarth , Fricke and Garrity although Fricke and Howarth ride for PL clubs that ride a Friday night. Jonsson seems to want to ride in Britain next year so maybe him at number 1?

Wouldn't have Jonsson just because his average is 9.66 and to get that sort of figure these days is impossible - you'd lose a point before you started. Would look to stick with as many of this years team as possible and fill the Fisher/MJJ/Barker gap with Mads/King/Cook.

Wouldn't have Jonsson just because his average is 9.66 and to get that sort of figure these days is impossible - you'd lose a point before you started. Would look to stick with as many of this years team as possible and fill the Fisher/MJJ/Barker gap with Mads/King/Cook.

I've always thought King would be a good signing for us. We could always have Jonsson average re evaluated in the interest of British speedway of course 👍

I've always thought King would be a good signing for us. We could always have Jonsson average re evaluated in the interest of British speedway of course

Actually, he's been out 3 years, so with the new format there is a case for his average being re-assessed. would be worth a go. Would be worth taking on a 9. Watching AJ and Bomber in heats 5/6, 13 and 15 would be pretty special :D

AJ would never comeback. I don't know why he's mentioned every year!

Start with Bomber, Howarth, Garrity and Sarj. No Andersen, no Hansen.

• Like 3

AJ would never comeback. I don't know why he's mentioned every year!

Start with Bomber, Howarth, Garrity and Sarj. No Andersen, no Hansen.

AJ has been quoted a few times now saying he wants to return. Probably realised he had his best seasons, generally, while riding in the EL.

As for Hansen, a quirk of speedway is that rider who perform badly one season make good signings the following year. Heart says he's been pants so don't bother, head says bargain average.

Edited by SCB

AJ has been quoted a few times now saying he wants to return. Probably realised he had his best seasons, generally, while riding in the EL.

As for Hansen, a quirk of speedway is that rider who perform badly one season make good signings the following year. Heart says he's been pants so don't bother, head says bargain average.

Where are these quotes then, chop chop? :D

Where are these quotes then, chop chop? :D

Speedway Star about 6 weeks ago was the first time I read it. Thats not online though.

And Lakeside were close to signing him in August.

Its in this weeks Speedway Star. AJ was close to signing for Lakeside in August but too many clashes.

AJ said Lakeside is one of 2 clubs he would consider (i assume Cov is the other).

But Lakeside appear favourites if he does sign.

• Like 1

AJ said Lakeside is one of 2 clubs he would consider (i assume Cov is the other).

In the same way he used to say he'd only ever ride for Coventry. Then quit mid-season, and signed for Lakeside a few years later :D He'll go where the money is best :D

Speedway Star about 6 weeks ago was the first time I read it. Thats not online though.

And Lakeside were close to signing him in August.

Its in this weeks Speedway Star. AJ was close to signing for Lakeside in August but too many clashes.

But Lakeside appear favourites if he does sign.

Don't buy the SS. Interesting, thanks guys :)

Don't buy the SS. Interesting, thanks guys :)

:t:

I was waiting for this thread to appear :lol:. What we don't know of course is:

1) Will they use the draft system for reserves again?

2) How will this years successful reserves (eg Garrity, Newman etc) averages be calculated for next year, as except in tactical situations, they will not have rode against heat leaders.

Edited by Bees of 69

With the uncertainty of Coventry,s future,think Horton will use all his own assets next season.Dosent make financial sence to enter the transfer market,especially now theres a doubt with Peterborough remaining open,and him passing over their contracts to them.

The Bees have a lengthy list of retained riders(including Joe Jacobs)so that must place a doubt around riders such as Garrity and Fricke in the 2015 line-up.