British Speedway Forum
Woz01

Coventry 2015

Because, as per the rules he can be re-assesed. Hes not raced here for over 3 seasons now. And as the top 2 riders in the league failed to get 9 last season it's unfair to expect AJ to come back on 9.66. Looking at his Swedish and Poland averages 8 seems much fairer.

Being honest that's probably fair and if he was signing for Lakeside, Wolverhampton etc I am sure it would be, but for Coventry and Mick Horton I seriously doubt it.

Edited by bigcatdiary

Can see a very British line up for next season probably done on the cheap with this being the penultimate season for Coventry Bees. (Sad but probably true).

I'd say I'd be happy with this line up.

1. Danny King/Jason Doyle

2. Kyle Howarth

3. Grzegorz Zengota

4. Max Fricke

5. Chris Harris

6. James Sarjeant

7. Oliver Greenwood

This is assuming Garrity goes to Wolverhampton as expected. The rumours of AJ won't amount to anything but I'd be happy with him back if his average is reassessed.

Coventry would be mad not to sign Joe Jacobs now hes their asset.

We would gladly take him back to Wolves.With the big hitters out of the way next season,should score big points for who ever he rides for.

The rumours of AJ won't amount to anything but I'd be happy with him back if his average is reassessed.

Why should his average be reassessed? He has an EL average and has done well to re-qualify for the 2015 SGPs so hardly on the downward slope!

Surely the existing heat leaders/second string averages need to be reviewed as, because of the change of race format, you now have second strings on inflated averages and heat leaders on reduced averages. Why would a team take a current second string, when they can look to bring one in who didn't ride this year on a lower average - allowing more points elsewhere too???

Because, as per the rules he can be re-assesed. Hes not raced here for over 3 seasons now. And as the top 2 riders in the league failed to get 9 last season it's unfair to expect AJ to come back on 9.66. Looking at his Swedish and Poland averages 8 seems much fairer.

A GP winner and GP rider of right needs re-assessing? I don't think so.

Edited by stevebrum

And as per the rules - it doesn't mean he will be re-assessed down!! You honestly think it's fair to cut nearly 2 points from his average??

And as per the rules - it doesn't mean he will be re-assessed down!! You honestly think it's fair to cut nearly 2 points from his average??

Its a trick Poole would try, so its a no from me. :P

Yes, it is fair. The race format has changed vas that's seen all heatleaders carafes drop. The season after AJ got 9.66 Zagar got 9.69 so he's a fair comparison. It's harder to get a high average now.

Does it matter is Bomber i missing until May/June or even July? Plod through the season, come good in Sept/Oct. Thats all you need.

It does if we go down the solid team and no out and out number one

Agree Harris, Howarth and the sarjeant should be nailed on.

Definitely no Hansen and Andersen is 50/50 for me it's all well and good saying get rid but who would replace him.

On reflection I would ditch Barker and go for Michelsen from Eastbourne.

Assuming Garrity is assessed at about 4.5 ish and fast track riders of pedigree have to move into the top 5.

And limit is top five 32

My boys would be

Sundstrom/Andersen

Garrity

Michelsen

Howarth

Harris

sarjeant

?

Deal Shamek away to get Kyle and eddie to get Garrity to attain priority.

Up the bees!

mid table at best that team when you think what Poole will put out

Poole won't have enough points for all their top heat leaders (assuming Darcy is not banned next season), so how would Magic like a spell at Brandon?

I can see Harris as a definate.

They would be crazy not to have Howarth back especially if he can fit into the 2 or 4 position.

If rumours are true of Aj i can see a team of.

Jonsson

Garrity

Howarth

?

Harris

Sarjeant

?

Not sure what is left or if that fits

I can see Harris as a definate.

They would be crazy not to have Howarth back especially if he can fit into the 2 or 4 position.

If rumours are true of Aj i can see a team of.

Jonsson

Garrity

Howarth

?

Harris

Sarjeant

?

Not sure what is left or if that fits

Could Hansen be at 4?

What average would Fricke be on?

2, Howarth

3, King

4, Fricke

5, Harris

Depending on the point limit etc I might change my mind but how much that leave for a number 1? I guess around 7.5?

I will leave the reserves out as we don't yet know how the draft will be implemented next season but I'm sure Sarjeant will be in it.

What average would Fricke be on?

2, Howarth

3, King

4, Fricke

5, Harris

Depending on the point limit etc I might change my mind but how much that leave for a number 1? I guess around 7.5?

I will leave the reserves out as we don't yet know how the draft will be implemented next season but I'm sure Sarjeant will be in it.

your not going to get a number one at 7.5 with the averages being inflated

You could use Barker :wink:

Batchelor and Kildemand are 7.5 ish and Tai just over 7. In the main only 2nd string riders have inflated averages

Edited by woz01