British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mr Blobby

Edinburgh V Somerset (plpo Final - 2nd Leg) 25/10/14 @7.00pm

During the league campaign TRs are allowed so that policy should also apply to the final. I am in a minority and like TRs as it challenges the team manager to using them to the max. If Morris had donned black and white in Heat 9 then the result may have been very different, but we will never know.

From an Edinburgh point of view with Cookie at 1 and a TR available we are always in with a chance away from home if we fall 10 behind, and the opposition know it! Reserves are important but you can't beat a sledge hammer at No. 1

SSSSSSSSSSSSMMMMMMMMMMMMMUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!! get in there boys.

:approve::approve::approve::approve::approve:

Thought it was in the bag before the 8-1 and 4-2 then i thought it was game over but what a finish to what has been a spectacular year 5-1 to win the title even though Aspgren tried to cheat and failed.

Edinburgh monarchs 2014 treble winners! sounds great doesn't it? :party::party::cheers:

Edited by Mr Blobby
  • Like 3

Pinny, according to Mr Bowie, there's a starman, waiting in the skies, may be a bit too old lyrics for you mate!!!

http://www.edinburghmonarchs.co/news/article.asp?id=1881

a great summary of the final from mike

Pinny??? Lewy is a different user to me mate although a great name!

• Like 1

Treble winners 2014....liked look of team at start of season knew cookie and sam would be top pairing with max and justin packing a punch dont think anybody can use the lesser worral line now steves shown class, derek the scrapper has hung up his gloves ...I mean kevlars, happy retirement sure you wont be shy around ashfield, btw descent season and mr fox has had a tough season but scored vital points I dont think edinburgh will hold onto him next season though. Enjoy the hangover! Think I might have to buy dvd of both legs for long winter.

• Like 3

Well done, good team selection recognising the talent Sedgman and S Worrall had, they made the difference. Looking forward to seeing the DVD.

And that yet again proves why the premier is head and shoulders above the elite league. Wish sky would take more note and show more meetings. Starman is a Poole fan people they often go missing when they lose!

• Like 2

Two poor guests when it mattered,the rebels management got that wrong and it cost them dearly

• Like 1

And that yet again proves why the premier is head and shoulders above the elite league. Wish sky would take more note and show more meetings. Starman is a Poole fan people they often go missing when they lose!

The blue rinses are right - the majority of posts you make have to have a pop at Poole. Fixated or what?

Congratulations to Edinburgh - the best PL team all year.

• Like 1

Must say fate is a wonderful thing, would stevie had been a monarch had richie not been supposedly going to poland every other week and taking a chance on sedgman, who alot wouldnt touch with a barge pole... Very fortunate with injurys and having the best rider in the league, they done it again.

For all ive called them over the years, esp over the Wolbert carry on... They keep getting it right, hats off... Its no coincidence.

• Like 4

Two poor guests when it mattered,the rebels management got that wrong and it cost them dearly

Rebels management got it right based on form, if the riders don't turn up you have had it. Three points more over the two legs from our No1 guests would have sealed the deal. Summers should be especially ashamed he only beat Fox all night. No complaints though just galling that it has now happened twice to us in three years. On the plus side two trophies in the cabinet again , second in the table when most experts predicted us to struggle to get in the top six and also finished the season with the top team average.

Well done all the riders and management at the OTA on another great season.

Yes Arson Best rider in the league even though his average has dropped by 1.2 due to all his bonus points with Sam and Sedgy. Simon Stead top of the averages it seems and top man (Aye right)

Just don't tell Rosco cause he can recognize form remember.

To be honest Cookie dipped a little by his high standards mid Summer but is back to his imperious bes again now.

No better man to have in the big heats with pressure on, though Smiler Sam outstanding riding pillion

Rebels management got it right based on form, if the riders don't turn up you have had it. Three points more over the two legs from our No1 guests would have sealed the deal. Summers should be especially ashamed he only beat Fox all night. No complaints though just galling that it has now happened twice to us in three years. On the plus side two trophies in the cabinet again , second in the table when most experts predicted us to struggle to get in the top six and also finished the season with the top team average.

Well done all the riders and management at the OTA on another great season.

Like i said got it wrong when it mattered

A dramatic night of speedway played out in front of a huge crowd.

That was speedway at its box office best.

I'm obviously delighted at my teams 2014 successes but I'd just like to acknowledge Big Martin (Rebel fan with big flag) that I (and a few friends) spoke with on Friday night at Somerset.

Martin came into the Armadale bar after the meeting to shake my hand and congratulate the Monarchs on their win.

Class act.

• Like 4

Like i said got it wrong when it mattered

Only one team can win.

I wonder what the Moanarchs will do with all that fantastically sponsored prize money?