British Speedway Forum

She would be much better on Eurosport though ;)

Not even Eurosport could manage that miracle Dave :D

• Like 1

That is unlikely , as she is now an ex sky presenter too.

Did not know that and care even less :)

She would if she was anthough which would make her a bit of a hypocrite :)

Glad to see the morons on here are still alive and kicking, but credit to you Third Man for making a valuable point. Takes guts to stand up to something like this, especially if it involves the club close to your heart. It's a shame United put her in that position, but well done to Charlie for taking this stance, and this evening to the Utd shirt sponsors for making their position clear if they resign the scumbag.

• Like 2

Thinking you are above the law shouldn't prevent you from pursuing the career you are best qualified for though.

• Like 1

Thinking you are above the law shouldn't prevent you from pursuing the career you are best qualified for though.

It would me if i had done it.

a crb check with a serious sex offence on it would mean i was looking for another career, so not quite a true statement

• Like 3

as everybody says no one person is bigger than a club itself...........sorry Charlie, on yer bike.

surely this is a matter between the club, the fans of the club and evans himself, not the shirt sponsors as there will be others waiting to take their place, and the club will already have their cash and it will be the shirt sponsor that is breaking the contract not the club.

not the 157,000+ people that have signed the petition against him either, if they felt that strong about the club in the first place then surely they would all be clamouring for a ticket for the next home game.

Totally agree, well done Charlie. Some of these footballers think they are above the law.

This Footballer says he not guilty and a lot of people agree with him .. Let's hope you or Charlie never get convicted of something you never did or are not given a second chance by people .

Evans has never said he was above the law he's has said he not guilty .

• Like 2

Those of you who take issue with Charlie's stance clearly are remote from the effect this horrendous crime has on victims, their immediate families, their careers, education,mental and physical health. They no longer have the ability to enjoy and benefit from from a trusting, loving relationship. Social interaction becomes an ordeal, they hide behind closed doors and drawn curtains, an unplanned knock from a caller or visitor sends them into blind panic, shopping, a visit to the Doctors or Dentist cannot be done unaccompanied. Without boring everyone life never is and can never be the same or normal and I relate this to a victim who has suffered for 30 years and another for 24. One had the audacity to help someone who said they were lost and gave them directions the other accepted a lift from a colleague both have never forgiven themselves for being honest enough to trust someone in both cases in safe environments, as far as both are concerned they were the guilty party themselves and all the counselling and medication hasn't changed a thing.

I despair at this forums understanding of Speedway matters at times. Beyond Speedway posters really should refrain from any comment that has consequences on someone else. Charlie is human like the rest of us but has done more for her causes in spite of her critics and abusers and really doesn't need to be a victim again, she is a very, very brave woman.

Charlie Webster has openly "come out" as a victim of sexual abuse, can you for even a second imagine how bold and courageous that is given some of the above. Criticism of a victim of sexual abuse amounts to condonding the actions of the perpetrator in my opinion.

• Like 5

Those of you who take issue with Charlie's stance clearly are remote from the effect this horrendous crime has on victims, their immediate families, their careers, education,mental and physical health. They no longer have the ability to enjoy and benefit from from a trusting, loving relationship. Social interaction becomes an ordeal, they hide behind closed doors and drawn curtains, an unplanned knock from a caller or visitor sends them into blind panic, shopping, a visit to the Doctors or Dentist cannot be done unaccompanied. Without boring everyone life never is and can never be the same or normal and I relate this to a victim who has suffered for 30 years and another for 24. One had the audacity to help someone who said they were lost and gave them directions the other accepted a lift from a colleague both have never forgiven themselves for being honest enough to trust someone in both cases in safe environments, as far as both are concerned they were the guilty party themselves and all the counselling and medication hasn't changed a thing.

I despair at this forums understanding of Speedway matters at times. Beyond Speedway posters really should refrain from any comment that has consequences on someone else. Charlie is human like the rest of us but has done more for her causes in spite of her critics and abusers and really doesn't need to be a victim again, she is a very, very brave woman.

Charlie Webster has openly "come out" as a victim of sexual abuse, can you for even a second imagine how bold and courageous that is given some of the above. Criticism of a victim of sexual abuse amounts to condonding the actions of the perpetrator in my opinion.

And does Charlie care if Evans is not Guilty ? or that he has spent time in Prison for no reason or the effect of her actions are having on Evans and his family and friends .

I agree people should refrain from comments and actions that effect and that includes Webster getting involved in a case that a lot of the public think there has been a unfair verdict

Regardless he was found guilty

So were the Brum 6 and Barry George etc and so have many others .. As I said it not a clear cut case so and a lot of public don't think he was guilty so Webster should have kept out it .

Dave Kitson The Secret Footballer in his book 'I Am The Secret Footballer' recounts a tale of when he was leaving Millwall's ground with a teammate and was approached by a 7 year old child who went up his teammate and said 'african american'. He then goes on to say "The point, though this is an extreme case, is that much of what a child learns comes directly from his or her parents. They are the closest influence and a guide to acceptable behaviour. This is why I struggle to accept the idea of footballers as role models. While I'm not condoning some of the things that players do, if your son or daughter is copying them, ask yourself why they're taking more notice of a Premier League footballer than they are of you.."

When I read and thought about that in the context of Ched Evans it did make me wonder about the validity of barring him from returning to his previous employment/trade on the grounds that he should be 'made an example of' and because he is supposedly a 'role model'. Obviously an emotional response that rape is bad (as is war, murder etc ) is wholly understandable but unless I've missed it I'm not convinced that Charlie has made a well reasoned case for her resignation.

was approached by a 7 year old child who went up his teammate and said 'african american'.

Note The original post has been automatically changed to remove the offensive word, nonetheless I think you can work out what was said.