British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
CaptainAudi

Edinburgh 2015.

Well, the season is done, and although the points limit hasn't been confirmed yet, assuming the limit will still be 42.5, what sort of team do you want to see in the Blue and Gold to defend the PL title, Pairs title, KO cup and Premier Trophy titles?

I have a team in my head that I would like to see, which I feel is realistic, but I will leave it for a whole before sharing, see what everyone else thinks first!

Edited by MonarchsMitchy

Well, the season is done, and although the points limit hasn't been confirmed yet, assuming the limit will still be 42.5, what sort of team do you want to see in the Blue and Gold to defend the PL title, Pairs title, KO cup and Premier Trophy titles?

I have a team in my head that I would like to see, which I feel is realistic, but I will leave it for a whole before sharing, see what everyone else thinks first!

Your on the wrong Forum for that I'm afraid ,these things are discussed on the Monarchs Chatzone and not with the Forum Fannies!!!!
  • Like 1

Your on the wrong Forum for that I'm afraid ,these things are discussed on the Monarchs Chatzone and not with the Forum Fannies!!!!

Now now, we don't want to feel too smug in our own little kingdom :-)

• Like 1

Might be a bit early for this MM Lets enjoy the rosy glow a bit longer.

we will need another stevie on a 3......but they don`t exist, so james sarjeants phone should be red hot this winter.

Beyond that, Will Cov want to buy Max, does Cookie want to come back again (he`s a steal on 9.3) Will the aussie twine share the Embra flat again and adopt heat leader berths, Will stevie ever get out of labour suite?

Deek has retired but will be a welcome face in the pits everywhere we go, and Basil should bo better next year and with an average of 3.7 (really 5.5 at home) should be better second time around, if the Visa gets sorted.

Beyond that, the kaiser is tempting on 6.19 don`t you think.??

Still enjoying the winning feeling and until the D & D is over not even gonna think about next years team.

Surely not one of these threads all ready! We have just won the treble and pairs don't even want to think about 2015 team for at least another month! I would prefer to talk about how good our 2014 team is for the time being thank you!

Edited by Mr Blobby
  • Like 1

Don't want to be left behind the rest. We can enjoy the season as well as look forward to next!?

Heard a wee bit of chat suggesting Cookie doesn't fancy Poland. I think he'll be at Leicester next year and hopefully our number one.

If he isn't I think Sam will step up to number one. I have a sneaky feeling max won't be back, which would be a shame in my opinion. I can't see Aaron not returning, it would be a mistake for either party.

Don't want to be left behind the rest. We can enjoy the season as well as look forward to next!?

Heard a wee bit of chat suggesting Cookie doesn't fancy Poland. I think he'll be at Leicester next year and hopefully our number one.

If he isn't I think Sam will step up to number one. I have a sneaky feeling max won't be back, which would be a shame in my opinion. I can't see Aaron not returning, it would be a mistake for either party.

If that's true, he is destined to always be a big fish in a little pond...

If cookies happy then why not, I dont want the pl to loose best riders to poland but at same time id love to see him do it and go further in sport. we can only dream of a no1 of his calibre choosing to ride for us each year, people on here will say he lacks ambition if he stays at armadale but I dont think so just monarchs are lucky to have a out and out no1 who wants to ride for them...he is a steal on 9.3

If cookies happy then why not, I dont want the pl to loose best riders to poland but at same time id love to see him do it and go further in sport. we can only dream of a no1 of his calibre choosing to ride for us each year, people on here will say he lacks ambition if he stays at armadale but I dont think so just monarchs are lucky to have a out and out no1 who wants to ride for them...he is a steal on 9.3

I wonder if riding In PL and Poland (and maybe Denmark and/or Sweden) would be an option and drop the EL? Not specifically re Cookie but any rider looking to advance himself.

Just a thought.

Could he be looking at Double up position over here and getting contracts in Sweden and Denmark fixed race nights so easy for planning fixtures around. Could pick up some Sunday meetings in Germany too possibly. Poland may pay good money but if you don't get paid on time if at all then is it worth the hassle.

• Like 1

That could work but how many meetings did cook ride in total inc guest bookings this season I reckon he's busy enough in pl and el

He needs continental meetings to carry on his learning curve if of course he wants to get higher up the food chain. IMO he'll learn more in a season in Sweden than he will in an EL season over here and as I see it next season is big step up or career stagnation for him. I wish him well whichever choice he makes but certainly think it's now or never for choosing which fork in the road to follow. It's better to try and end up failing than not trying at all as you should still learn from your failures

• Like 1