British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Islander15

Rye House 2015

Hmmm! The Raiders are the only team in all 3 leagues to not name a rider yet? I know Andrew is in charge now but that is the opposite to what Len normally does #justsaying

Edited by DragonsDen

I for one applaud the National League and hope it goes from strength to strength. It is the future of British speedway and the only way we can return to the top..Finance would probably inhibit it but I would love to see Representative matches between the top NL riders and their counterparts from other countries. Full team, 4-Team and Pairs meetings against Poland, Sweden, Denmark, Finland, Germany etc. would give our lads vital experience.

• Like 1

Finance would probably inhibit it but I would love to see Representative matches between the top NL riders and their counterparts from other countries. Full team, 4-Team and Pairs meetings against Poland, Sweden, Denmark, Finland, Germany etc. would give our lads vital experience.

There's talk of a USA Team (Dream Team they sometimes call it..) coming over in April/May next year - would imagine that side will be taking on NL sides?

The raiders are the only team not to have announced any signings so far.

Would not be surprised if the team was something like :

Benji Compton

David Mason

Luke Chessell

Aaron Mogridge

Danno Verge

Adam Sheppard

3 point rider from training school.

The above comes to just below the points limit.

No rush to name a team, a few training sessions might raise a few names too. I hope the way we approach it is to attempt to bring one rider through to be good enough to challenge for a PL spot by the season end rather than have A NL team full of experienced NL riders who won't make the next grade. I'm sure Andrew will be his own man and will have neither the need or wish to rebel against Dad.

Would be a good start if Aaron Mogridge signed up. Just glad we have a proper full season to look forward to next year rather than the disjointed 2014

Is there going to be any riders of any worth left by the time that the raiders make any signings.

I understand that you need to give riders a start, but without wins the attendance's will be low.

Is there going to be any riders of any worth left by the time that the raiders make any signings.

I understand that you need to give riders a start, but without wins the attendance's will be low.

They may have riders signed but not announced yet? :t:

• Like 1

I don't have inside info but just looking at the riders already declared could the team look like this.

1 Luke Bowen - Simon Lambert

2 Macauley Leek - is he old enough

3 Benji Compton - Kent connection

4 Gary Chessell - Kent connection

5 Training track discovery (a 43 year old who had a 17 year break and yet still was my rider of the year, just don't take that helmet off and nobody will know)

6 Jason GARRAD - hopefully un-retired

7 Kia HUBBARD - is he old enough

As I said just guessing but Nos 6 & 7 should have the old folks salivating