British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Islander15

Rye House 2015

You are right Alex. Others are following Eastbourne which said right from the start it would be racesuits as usual for the Eagles team.

The Eastbourne ITFirst Eagles are raising the bar in the National League which has to be good for British speedway as a whole.

I''m delighted that others clubs are following suit!

The Raiders have race suits this season because the club has a new owner and wants a more professional, uniform look for the riders and that can't be a bad thing. The Rockets have them too and this has been done for professional reasons I'm sure, not to keep up with the Joneses or should I say the Dugards.

Mildenhall have announced they are having race suits too because it is their anniversary and they are being funded by donations I believe.

But really, does it matter who said they were having race suits first? No. Childish argument.

• Like 1

Surely in an amateur/training league the main focus should be on improving the riders, giving them track time and building up their machinery? Not buying them unnecessary race suits? I know when it was suggested the Storm have race suits some fans were happy to donate but other said they'd prefer to donate towards better bikes rather than looking good but having no kit.

Now if a club can afford both, then great, do it. But I'm not sure an amateur league should be throwing money at things to look good. Fur coats and knickers etc.

Surely in an amateur/training league the main focus should be on improving the riders, giving them track time and building up their machinery? Not buying them unnecessary race suits? I know when it was suggested the Storm have race suits some fans were happy to donate but other said they'd prefer to donate towards better bikes rather than looking good but having no kit.

Now if a club can afford both, then great, do it. But I'm not sure an amateur league should be throwing money at things to look good. Fur coats and knickers etc.

That may be a little drafty.
  • Like 1

You are right Alex. Others are following Eastbourne which said right from the start it would be racesuits as usual for the Eagles team.

The Eastbourne ITFirst Eagles are raising the bar in the National League which has to be good for British speedway as a whole.

I''m delighted that others clubs are following suit!

Thank you! Someone can see where I am coming from! I can see why people say money should be spent on improvement but they need to learn to be professional to!! 😉
  • Like 1

being as all riders needed full Kevlar suits this year its a brilliant idea that the dugards had the suits paid for as its another £600 or so saved by the riders to spend on their equipment - look at poor old adam roynon having to set up a go fund me page in order to help pay for his pboro suit

• Like 1

But I'm not sure an amateur league should be throwing money at things to look good. Fur coats and knickers etc.

Where on earth do you get the idea from that the NL is an "amateur" league!?

Do you think the riders don't get paid..?!

• Like 3

The new Rye promotion would want to create a good image, Kitting the team out in matching race suits would be a good start

Edited by Shads
  • Like 1

Where on earth do you get the idea from that the NL is an "amateur" league!?

Do you think the riders don't get paid..?!

I don't know, the rulebook maybe? "Cat 4: Riders who have ridden in the National Development League as an Amateur" - obviously, any rider who doesn't consider himself to have ridden "as an Amateur" is welcome to sign for a PL team on a 5 rather than a 3 as the rules state.

I'd also argue they fit the following definition, "2. Sports An athlete who has never accepted money, or who accepts money under restrictions specified by a regulatory body, for participating in a competition."

I'd also argue they fit the following definition, "2. Sports An athlete who has never accepted money, or who accepts money under restrictions specified by a regulatory body, for participating in a competition."

Hmm, do you.. How so?

Because all rider are paid £10 a point (ok, we know they're not but they should be)

That may be a little drafty.

especially as the saying is fur coat and no knickers.

RYE HOUSE PRESS RELEASE EXTRACT

:::::::::

Yes, the Restart Raiders are back in the City Gearboxes National League after a two season hiatus – and also looking forward to resuming a fierce club rivalry that goes back to 1975. 40 years on, it’s once again Rye House vsMildenhall - this time in the National Trophy.
Look out for a full match preview on the dedicated Raiders’ website at www.ryehouseraiders.co. The start time on Saturday is 7pm sharp.

I am well and truly disappointed tonight. The big changes that were meant to happen clearly havnt. I Paid £1 for a piece of double sided card. Which I paid £2 yesterday to read a 24 page full colour programme advert at Eastbourne.

For anyone not in attendance tonight I've made a slight list up (not that I'll ever be going again unless things change drastically!!!!)

-Pro's-

Rye house top 4 very good ( Sam Woods picked up couple of hard earned points)

Mildenhall- Halsey okay, mountain okay, Coles okay

Reserves showing promise

- Cons-

Rye house reserves woeful

Jack Kingston appalling

No atmosphere

No presentation

Long winded

To much of a difference in stranded of the riders

Loads of falls and reruns

Whole meeting just dragged on.

I am well and truly disappointed tonight. The big changes that were meant to happen clearly havnt. I Paid £1 for a piece of double sided card. Which I paid £2 yesterday to read a 24 page full colour programme advert at Eastbourne.

For anyone not in attendance tonight I've made a slight list up (not that I'll ever be going again unless things change drastically!!!!)

-Pro's-

Rye house top 4 very good ( Sam Woods picked up couple of hard earned points)

Mildenhall- Halsey okay, mountain okay, Coles okay

Reserves showing promise

- Cons-

Rye house reserves woeful

Jack Kingston appalling

No atmosphere

No presentation

Long winded

To much of a difference in stranded of the riders

Loads of falls and reruns

Whole meeting just dragged on.

Very harsh, considering the state of the track after the previous days truck/stunt show and the overnight rain. Your comment on the Raiders reserves is unbelievable. The only thing I agree with you on is the race card. Should've been given away. Apart from that most of your comments are idiotic. Edited by Shads
  • Like 1