British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Islander15

Rye House 2015

Rye House,Kent,Lakeside,Mildenhall,Eastbourne,Kings Lynn, southern speedway is taking over. Good Luck

Rye House,Kent,Lakeside,Mildenhall,Eastbourne,Kings Lynn, southern speedway is taking over. Good Luck

will uncle Len run both kent and rye in the NL.

will uncle Len run both kent and rye in the NL.

Do rules allow that ?

Do rules allow that ?

Don't see why not. Wouldn't be the first promoter to run two clubs. At one time Terry Russell had Swindon and Eastbourne in the EL for a start.

Great that so many clubs are interested in running NL next season but where are the extra riders going to come from?

Could all this increased interest in the National League be an indication of the level at which all UK speedway will be operating in a few years time? An interesting thought maybe?

Great that so many clubs are interested in running NL next season but where are the extra riders going to come from?

There's plenty of riders around.

Luke Harris will hopefully be the first name on the team sheet. Can see a return for Ben Morley too as Kent will need to lose one of their top three and Morley is a Rye asset. Would like to see Danny Ayres too but he'll probably be back at Kent as well considering he is their asset as far as I know. Possibly a space for Luke Bowen as well as his average fits.

Morley, Bowen and 5 up and coming riders would be perfect IMO, want to see the Raiders develop riders not just go out to try win the NL.

• Like 1

I imagine you'll see Adam Sheppard, seeing as he's your asset.

[ /quote]

Would hope not seems to have trouble even getting to the starting gate,let alone racing

I imagine you'll see Adam Sheppard, seeing as he's your asset.

Would hope not seems to have trouble even getting to the starting gate,let alone racing

That's harsh Waco. He won his first race in his last meeting last season.

Edited by Islander15

If only there had been an amateur league running all year in the background, giving riders the chance to ride different tracks and iron out any mechanical issues.............something that ran after main meetings and gave up and coming riders precious track time and exposure........

Oh hang on there was! The MDL has dozens of riders all looking to step up to the next level.

I for one would like to see at least one if not both reserve berths in all National League teams awarded to riders who competed in the 2014 MDL season.

If only there had been an amateur league running all year in the background, giving riders the chance to ride different tracks and iron out any mechanical issues.............something that ran after main meetings and gave up and coming riders precious track time and exposure........

Oh hang on there was! The MDL has dozens of riders all looking to step up to the next level.

I for one would like to see at least one if not both reserve berths in all National League teams awarded to riders who competed in the 2014 MDL season.

I think thats where most of the riders will be coming from, depending on the points limit, Im thinking teams will be tracking 2/3 three pointers in 2015.

I suspect & hope you are right greyhound. Its always good to see 3 pointers at reserve anyway.

I think due to the potential points drop there will be quite a merry go round in terms of riders and new teams (except kings lynn of course who track the same old every year)

Who would have thought that with a full seasons league experience behind them the Scunthorpe lads could find themselves in high demand!

Edited by Sings4Kings

I suspect & hope you are right greyhound. Its always good to see 3 pointers at reserve anyway.

I think due to the potential points drop there will be quite a merry go round in terms of riders and new teams (except kings lynn of course who track the same old every year)

Who would have thought that with a full seasons league experience behind them the Scunthorpe lads could find themselves in high demand!

The Scunthorpe lads, I hope, will be back at Scunthorpe in year 2 of the programme!

Tbf to King's Lynn they bring on new talents look at Lambert, Rose, Kerr, Stokes, Knight and Bailey last year. I'm not sure of his age but we may see Ryan Kingsley next year. Other clubs have the same pool of senior riders that they pick from anyway, look at Devon: Bates, Webster & Andrews were hardly new names to the league or the SBA.