British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Islander15

Rye House 2015

Good news that Andrew Silver is taking over the side. Just what the side needs a damn good ex rider to help them on race nights. Hope this is just the beginning of real hands on involvement in the club

A bit gutted by that, hoped Sampford would of run raiders and Silver could of run kent. But hey ho.

A bit gutted by that, hoped Sampford would of run raiders and Silver could of run kent. But hey ho.

Agree this seems bonkers ?

So Mr Sampford is Manager of Rye House Rockets and Kent Kings ?

Yet is not going to Manage Raiders ?

Mr Silver Senior still at Kings and Rockets/Raiders and his son takes on Raiders ?

I am just baffled by the whole sorry mess.

• Like 1

Mr Silver Senior still at Kings and Rockets/Raiders and his son takes on Raiders ?

This is speedway!

This is speedway!

Never a truer word spoken.

I can't see how this is any sort of issue, makes perfect sense to me.

Andrew runs the training schools so is ideally placed to see and help riders progress. I think having Andrew around for advice will make the Raiders a very good place for youngsters to learn their trade.

• Like 2

I can't see how this is any sort of issue, makes perfect sense to me.

Andrew runs the training schools so is ideally placed to see and help riders progress. I think having Andrew around for advice will make the Raiders a very good place for youngsters to learn their trade.

Agree makes sense respect of Rye House/Raiders.

I AM THINKING OF THE KENT KINGS SITUATION.

Edited by AJ is King

I think what AJ is saying, is surely there is a clash of interests here, can you imagine if one of the teams (Kings or Raiders) is pushing for a title, we could have the scenario where the weaker Team loans the stronger Team shall we say a good reserve to help them out with a Title push.

Hmmmm i think Two Teams in the same League with shared interests is taking things one step to far.

• Like 1

I don't see what the problem is. Len & John have been involved with the Kings since the start so why not stay and see through their project?

For them its a case of same as last year with Andrew Silver picking up the additional work required to run the raiders.

Removes the conflict of interest (sort of) so roll on the new season!

I think what AJ is saying, is surely there is a clash of interests here, can you imagine if one of the teams (Kings or Raiders) is pushing for a title, we could have the scenario where the weaker Team loans the stronger Team shall we say a good reserve to help them out with a Title push.

Hmmmm i think Two Teams in the same League with shared interests is taking things one step to far.

In principle I agree with what you are saying however I cant really see that actually coming to fruition.

From the sounds of things the Rye Raiders will be a development side where as Kent will be the stronger side?

The loaning / guest issue is something that runs throughout the leagues not just between two particular clubs.

If there is a reserve in red hot form at any team that isn't in / pushing for the play offs he will pick up bookings simple as that.

This is EXACTLY my point.

When it is Kings V Raiders you will have - Rye House Manager in charge of Kings v Rye House.

A co-promoter of Kings v A team that co-promoter has interest in,Managed by his Son ???

As far as I am concerned too many clashes of interest which is easily avoided and would stop any potential skulduggery.

Agree this seems bonkers ?So Mr Sampford is Manager of Rye House Rockets and Kent Kings ?Yet is not going to Manage Raiders ?Mr Silver Senior still at Kings and Rockets/Raiders and his son takes on Raiders ?I am just baffled by the whole sorry mess.

Couldn't agree less. Sampford has been Team Manager at Rye since Speedway was re-introduced like him or not he loves the club, I would prefer an ex rider but it's not happening. Andrew Silver has taken an interest in developing young riders and has run the training schools at Rye for some time now so surely it was a logical step. There may even be further logic in involving him further with the PL team in coming years. Len Silver is Co Promoter at Kent, a position that was prompted by Mr Cearns need for an existing Promoter to act on his behalf as per BSPA rules with new Promotions

John Sampford is simply continuing in the role he has held since Kents first meeting. Perfectly logical. Good move by Len to get Andrew involved more at Rye House where he can be in control of riders he has developed through the training schools.

Good sense for Rye and with all due respect what Kent do is of little interest on a thread about Rye House

There are other things going on in Speedway that are far more baffling.

Been going on since I started watching Speedway in the 60s

This is EXACTLY my point.When it is Kings V Raiders you will have - Rye House Manager in charge of Kings v Rye House.A co-promoter of Kings v A team that co-promoter has interest in,Managed by his Son ???As far as I am concerned too many clashes of interest which is easily avoided and would stop any potential skulduggery.

Exactly which rule is being broken. Please tell me I'd love to know

So, which of Birmingham & Cradley would you prefer didn't run, because, with the limited amount of track availability, those two are going to have to cooperate far closer than any other teams with shared resources.

Couldn't agree less. Sampford has been Team Manager at Rye since Speedway was re-introduced like him or not he loves the club, I would prefer an ex rider but it's not happening. Andrew Silver has taken an interest in developing young riders and has run the training schools at Rye for some time now so surely it was a logical step. There may even be further logic in involving him further with the PL team in coming years. Len Silver is Co Promoter at Kent, a position that was prompted by Mr Cearns need for an existing Promoter to act on his behalf as per BSPA rules with new Promotions

John Sampford is simply continuing in the role he has held since Kents first meeting. Perfectly logical. Good move by Len to get Andrew involved more at Rye House where he can be in control of riders he has developed through the training schools.

Good sense for Rye and with all due respect what Kent do is of little interest on a thread about Rye House

There are other things going on in Speedway that are far more baffling.

Been going on since I started watching Speedway in the 60s

Exactly which rule is being broken. Please tell me I'd love to know

Did not say any rules are being broken - But this is Speedway just because no rules are being broken does not mean it is right.

Having interest in TWO teams in the same League is just WRONG IMHO.

I would have thought that Mr Silver and Mr Sampford having 2 teams to get involved in would be enough.

You are right that I would like to see a Young/motivated Team Manager at Kent - somebody like Paul Hurry - been saying it for a while now.

This sort of thing has been going on for years. Silver ran rayleigh, Sunderland and Crewe in the same league in the 1970's . One night at the weir he was team manager for the kings against the rockets!

This sort of thing has been going on for years. Silver ran rayleigh, Sunderland and Crewe in the same league in the 1970's . One night at the weir he was team manager for the kings against the rockets!

And he was co-promoter at Crayford as well as being promoter at Rye a couple of years later too..!