British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Islander15

Rye House 2015

Did not say any rules are being broken - But this is Speedway just because no rules are being broken does not mean it is right.

Having interest in TWO teams in the same League is just WRONG IMHO.

I would have thought that Mr Silver and Mr Sampford having 2 teams to get involved in would be enough.

You are right that I would like to see a Young/motivated Team Manager at Kent - somebody like Paul Hurry - been saying it for a while now.

Good job you were not around in the good old 60's & 70's. ONE Promoter with MANY teams was the name of the game. Makes this situation a bit tame in comparison!
  • Like 1

So, which of Birmingham & Cradley would you prefer didn't run, because, with the limited amount of track availability, those two are going to have to cooperate far closer than any other teams with shared resources.

Hahaha, You are another that doesnt understand Cradley Fans, do you think for one moment we will stand for being sold down the river to Birmingham ? No we wont, but we have been around for a few years and unlike Kings who are a completely new Team. :wink:

Hahaha, You are another that doesnt understand Cradley Fans, do you think for one moment we will stand for being sold down the river to Birmingham ? No we wont, but we have been around for a few years and unlike Kings who are a completely new Team. :wink:

I understand Cradley fans & the fact that they're of no relevance to the subject under discussion.

Great news that Andrew is involved as it is hoped he will continue the Rye House legacy after Len

As a Cradley fan, having Andrew work is way up from the training of the youngsters to NL Raiders Team then take over from Len at the helm of the Rockets is a no brainer. Len can't go on forever and I would have thought that his son was the best bet to keep the Rockets soaring into the future!

I have been to watch a few of the Sunday practice sessions and am very impressed with the work Andrew is putting in. He also has some very promising young riders that he is working with and hopefully some of them will be seen riding for the Raiders in 2015.

The National League looks to be an exciting place to be involved with next season.

• Like 1

Indeed.

Trainees impressing last winter at Rye House had perhaps only the two Kent Kings' reserve berths to aim for - only one place at the start of the year actually. Consequently whilst Danny Ayres got his place (and made it his own), Jason Garrad could only get an NL spot at CP at the expense of Luke Harris. Think how different it is now with team slots available at Rye itself. And then there's still Kent, plus Eastbourne and the NT team of Lakeside's. Huge incentive for youngsters and newcomers training at RH right now.

I understand Cradley fans & the fact that they're of no relevance to the subject under discussion.

And which of us two raised Cradley on this thread ?

The South East has a great opportunity right now, with training Tracks at Rye and Eastbourne, and Iwade, that gives youngsters every opportunity now, to progress in the sport.

The Raiders are going to be looking to develop riders, Kent are looking to win the leagues no real clash of interests there.

Talk of potential thrown meetings on either part etc will happen of course but I can't see that happening tbh. Simple solution is to ensure the sides race each other home and away early in the season when there is still a lot of racing to be done.

And which of us two raised Cradley on this thread ?

Cradley promotion, not Cradley fans.

Edited by Alan_Jones

From the Rye House site today;

SILVER KEEN TO SET RECORD STRAIGHT

Saturday December 06, 2014

Rye House promoter Len Silver has found it important to publicly respond to supporter speculation appearing on the terraces and internet suggesting his focus away from the Hoddesdon club in favour of matters elsewhere at Kent.

In a personal statement concerning his dual involvement with the Kings, he says: "My role at Rye House has changed this year because my son Andrew has been placed in charge of the re-launched Raiders in the National League. One of the conditions of that appointment was that Andrew had sole responsibility for setting up and managing the team, a situation I have been happy to agree with.

“I will, of course, remain as the promoter for the Rockets and be ultimately responsible for all Premier League action.

“Meanwhile at Kent, where I was deeply involved in the track building and setting up of the team at the direct request of main promoter and stadium owner Roger Cearns, who is a long standing friend, I will remain as co-promoter but mainly responsible for track preparation and initial team building.

“Once the season starts, new team manager Chris Hunt, who came in as assistant this year, will have full control of the team and its activities. My first responsibility is to try for a successful season for the Rockets, leaving Chris to do the same for Kent."
  • Like 1

I think the crazy age rules will stop him being at Easty. With Warwick already over 30 its blocked any potential move for Mason.