British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Chewbacca

Amalgamation

Maybe this is too simple but I think amalgamation of the EL/PL should happen.

There should be a North/South split. Nothing to do with saving costs as riders live all over Europe, never mind the UK, but it does give more competitive derby matches and reducing travelling for away fans might see a slight rise in attendances

It gives Sky TV their perfect end of season, rabble rousing, easily promoted, North v South Champions playoff for the overall title.

Midlands clubs who think they are North or South can be rotated between the regions per season as is done in the NFL

I'm not going to pitch at what level this should run regards averages and GP riders blah blah blah. That is for the promoters to work out who and what they can afford.

For me it make the sport simpler for a tv or non regular audience to understand and having one league split into 2 equal standard divisions does away with the impossible conundrum of promotion and relegation that no-one has been able to resolve.

• Like 1

There should be a North/South split. Nothing to do with saving costs as riders live all over Europe, never mind the UK, but it does give more competitive derby matches and reducing travelling for away fans might see a slight rise in attendances

It gives Sky TV their perfect end of season, rabble rousing, easily promoted, North v South Champions playoff for the overall title.

Midlands clubs who think they are North or South can be rotated between the regions per season as is done in the NFL

I'm not going to pitch at what level this should run regards averages and GP riders blah blah blah. That is for the promoters to work out who and what they can afford.

For me it make the sport simpler for a tv or non regular audience to understand and having one league split into 2 equal standard divisions does away with the impossible conundrum of promotion and relegation that no-one has been able to resolve.

Where will the extra riders needed come from?

• Like 1

I'd. Like to know how the Elite League survives year after year with the downgrading of the the product on offer ,Someone at the majority of the Clubs must have money to lose IMO .Fans I speak to say the EL can't go on the way it is,but we have said that for the last 3-4 seasons and here we are ok for 2015 with virtually no change. !!!!!!!!!!

1 league would be the way to rebuild the sport IMO .

Amalgamation was probably the only option that might, just might have started to rejuvenate the sport. If marketed to the outside world properly. This time next year that is what the Big Re-vamp ( Part 2 or is that 22?) will opt for. Downward spiral, sadly.

Where will the extra riders needed come from?

From the N.L, is that not what it's for?

Edited by tyretrax
  • Like 1

Gustix, do you think people only read one subject on this forum? I'm sure that members will look at most threads without you directing them.