British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ProudtobeaBrummie

Birmingham Brummies 2015

Thought I'd start our own thread ... Be interesting to see see who's comes in as manger I hope for Morris but will see .. What has happened to the assets I know they can't ride nl the majority but just wondered wether we would receive loan fees for them that's all ...

Thought so I remember mole said he was going to talk to the bspa about getting them back but never heard how it went ....

I think this season is all about trying to get the fans through the turnstiles assuming it's going to be £8-£10 admission this season ,with plenty of local fixtures still we should have some interesting fixtures looking forward to stoke in particular never been there before .. Most looking forward to the cradley fixtures though would be great to see a couple of bumper attendances in that fixture ...

Thought so I remember mole said he was going to talk to the bspa about getting them back but never heard how it went ....

I think this season is all about trying to get the fans through the turnstiles assuming it's going to be £8-£10 admission this season ,with plenty of local fixtures still we should have some interesting fixtures looking forward to stoke in particular never been there before .. Most looking forward to the cradley fixtures though would be great to see a couple of bumper attendances in that fixture ...

Yes you are right

That was the plan when PL was the option for 2015

But now no point in buying former riders when we cant use them

Bit sad but onward & upwards.

Get real mate for peeps sake!!!

Last year, most National League teams charged £11 per meeting whilst a few charged £12. I don't see any way we'll be paying less than £11 per meeting and having seen plenty of National League meetings, I can assure you that that will be good value for your money.

Sorry yeah I need to get real a pound out ffs the idiots are back ... I'm gonna have a real hard look at myself for suggesting it may be 1-3 pound less and get a grip on reality ... Thanks bilbo

I think this season is all about trying to get the fans through the turnstiles assuming it's going to be £8-£10 admission this season ,with plenty of local fixtures still we should have some interesting fixtures looking forward to stoke in particular never been there before ..

Sadly, I wasn't impressed with Stoke when we went there in September. The place is a tip, the atmosphere was like a funeral feast in a home for incurables, the crowd was miniscule. :sad:

• Like 1

Sadly, I wasn't impressed with Stoke when we went there in September. The place is a tip, the atmosphere was like a funeral feast in a home for incurables, the crowd was miniscule. :sad:

I read that Loomer Rd has been attacked by vandals. Apparently they caused £10,000 worth of improvements. ;)

• Like 3

I read that Loomer Rd has been attacked by vandals. Apparently they caused £10,000 worth of improvements. ;)

Seeing as Tattum has the begging bowl out, Im guessing maybe there wasnt Insurance .

Seeing as Tattum has the begging bowl out, Im guessing maybe there wasnt Insurance .

Are begging bowls standard issue by the BSPA nowadays then? There does seem to be a lot of them around presently. :lol:

• Like 2

Are begging bowls standard issue by the BSPA nowadays then? There does seem to be a lot of them around presently. :lol:

I take it that there isn't s Stoke Potters 2015 thread running yet?

Back to Birmingham...

It's saddening to see that after what has gone one in the last 6 months, that admission prices should cause quibbles. Same old same old it looks like. I can remember when admission at Birmingham was £15 in 2007 and everyone said that was too much for the PL. It stayed at £15 long enough to become one of the cheapest in the PL after everone else put their prices up but did anyone hang the flags out to welcome that? er, have a guess...

Then when Birmingham went EL and put the price up to £16 to become one of the cheapest places to go in the EL, did anyone really mind? Did anyone say "bah, I'm going to go to Leicester instead, where it's £1 cheaper" - well, apart from one person?

If everyone who made such a noise about the loss of the Brummies are serious then they will return, no matter what the price.

As for the product that the promotion are going to provide, that will determine what sort of value for money the admission price will represent, well let's wait and see. Will it also be "same old same old" or will something radical be done to try to get a new generation of fans in through the turnstiles? That will have a huge influence on whether the "new" venture will be a success or not. They have my best wishes.

Yes there's lots of local derbies, but at NL level I don't expect that with one exception there will be much of an away following coming to Perry Barr. That exception of course will be Cradley when the Brummies supporters will probably be outnumbered on their own track by "visiting" Heathens fans. Prepare for some embarassing moments there!

Be nice to see Phil Morris involved. Be good to see some kind of communication from the club about what is going on and what the rider assets situation is. Ahh, communication, did I mention about "something radical" yet? Oh, yes...oh well...maybe not then.

Can someone explaiin what the rules are governing who can step down from PL to NL and who can/can't double up/down? Just wondering whether Birmingham asset (IF he becomes one again) Rusty Harrison could lead the line as the "Next Jason Lyons"? After that, who knows? Will Paul Starke be available? He has a longer connection with Birmingham than any other team.

Edited by uk martin
  • Like 1

Does anyone know what has happened/is happening to the money raised through the fighting fund? I assume it will be going back into the club obviously but curious as to how it is going to be spent, and whether it's at the discretion of the supporters or if a lump sum is going to be handed back to Tony Mole. Would be nice to see it invested in a bit of infrastructure rather than just throwing it at riders wages for the upcoming season.

Does anyone know what has happened/is happening to the money raised through the fighting fund? I assume it will be going back into the club obviously but curious as to how it is going to be spent, and whether it's at the discretion of the supporters or if a lump sum is going to be handed back to Tony Mole. Would be nice to see it invested in a bit of infrastructure rather than just throwing it at riders wages for the upcoming season.

I asked the same question on the Brummies Forum.

The reply that came back was that the funds had been raised to assist in the rebirth of the Birmingham Brummies. As Tony Mole has now achievyed this objective, the funds are to be handed over to Tony.

The people running the fund have assured us that all the money will go directly into helping the rebirth of the Brummies and that none of it will be used to help Cradley settle into Perry Barr.

The people running the fund and, everyone donating to it, deserve the highest degree of praise possible and we can All feel proud that we have helped this great club survive.

One major factor in whether or not the 2015 Brmmies survive, will be how many stay away fans return

This includes those such as you Martin who sprout off on here and criticise others yet stay away from your supposedly beloved Brummies and choose to spend their time and money watching speedway in Poland and Sweden

Many people in Burmingham and its surrounds need to decide if they are speedway fans or maybe football or rugby fans. If you decide you are Speedway fans then put your money where your mouth is snd support the Brummies rather than stay away yet still post on here as if you care about the club and the team

Is National League speedway below you Martin or will you be on the terraces with us, supporting our team?

Edited by Bilbo Baggins
  • Like 2

One major factor in whether or not the 2015 Brmmies survive, will be how many stay away fans return

This includes those such as you Martin who sprout off on here and criticise others yet stay away from your supposedly beloved Brummies and choose to spend their time and money watching speedway in Poland and Sweden

Many people in Burmingham and its surrounds need to decide if they are speedway fans or maybe football or rugby fans. If you decide you are Speedway fans then put your money where your mouth is snd support the Brummies rather than stay away yet still post on here as if you care about the club and the team

Is National League speedway below you Martin or will you be on the terraces with us, supporting our team?

Lots of personal questions aimed at me there. Having jumped up and down on your soap box seeking attention to yourself on the World Wide Web, how would you like me to reply? Not quiite sure how you prefer to have your personal conversations these days. Face to face on Saturday week? By phone? Private message? Or do you think that I need to explain where I go on my holidays and what other sports I follow, to you as my self appointed judge, in the court of public opinion?

Edited by uk martin
  • Like 1