British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ProudtobeaBrummie

Birmingham Brummies 2015

He might refer to his team mates as muppets :lol:

• Like 1

Really happy the signing of Sam Chapman has been confirmed, think its a great signing :t: . Last season was his first in the National League and to improve his average the way he did in what a team getting slaughtered home and away was a great effort. He's still only 16 and I think there's alot more to come from him. I see no reason why he cant put 2 pts on his average as he was beating good nl riders towards the end of last season.

The team is good, Wizzer has done a great job as caretaker manager. We have a strong top 2 in Ellis and Perry and in Chapman a good third heatleader to back them up. Any success will depend on how the new lads do but Wajtknecht has shown his talent on a motorcycle in other forms of the sport. Alex Wilson is beating established NL riders in the current winter series and hes starting on a 3pt average. A little less is known about Harvie as hes mainly just done Motocross but we have seen riders come from that and make big impacts in the sport. At least he should be able to gate! :D

So looking forward to March with Optimism, hope the last signing is a good one and people come out in numbers to support the team. We cant complain about the side being built unlike 12 months ago.

Pretty sure he is a lot older than 16

Speedwayresults.com is saying he was born 26/5/1998, without looking elsewhere I bet its meant to say 88 instead on 98. :oops:

Edited by Brummie Kev

From the depths of despair a few months ago, to this.

Very exiting looking team being assembled by Phil Morris.

Well done Tony Mole.

I look forward to watching this team progress with great interest.

Welcome back to British Speedway. :t:

• Like 1

Speedwayresults.com is saying he was born 26/5/1998, without looking elsewhere I bet its meant to say 88 instead on 98. :oops:

16/2/89 according to SCB rider Registration list

Well let's just hope people will come and watch the team next season the club have done there best to assemble a competitive team and for £120 for the whole season is a snip and will prove to be great value can't wait

I have to admit, Phil Morris has used his contacts with Youth Speedway to good effect, cant really fault the Team building. It needs the Birmingham public to get behind the Team and support the Management in there efforts, and these young kids in there efforts for The Brummies, Im sure you will enjoy your Speedway again, no need to worry about if so and so is riding, this is your team get behind them, at £120 for a seasons racing what is there not to like about it.

You will find these young guys are much more aproachable than some of there EL & PL counterparts.

I am ashamed to say that I know very little about the NL. A lot of people seem to b4 saying this is a strong team. So my question to everyone is: Is this a strong team and why?

I shall support the team come what may and will keep my fingers crossed that injury does not cause us problems.

I am ashamed to say that I know very little about the NL. A lot of people seem to b4 saying this is a strong team. So my question to everyone is: Is this a strong team and why?

I shall support the team come what may and will keep my fingers crossed that injury does not cause us problems.

Yes this is a strong team and, along with Cradley, look the frontrunners in the league. From an unbiased view, and having seen a lot of NL racing (Look at my sig):

Ellis will be one of, if not the, best rider in the league. He's only had 1 full NL season but still managed 8.90 with the Islanders and I expect him to push on towards a 10 average, if not creeping into the low 10s.

Perry completes probably the strongest top 2 in the league and he's been around a couple of years now to know the tracks and be able to establish himself as a real force and will be bteer than many other teams number 1s. It was only 2 years ago that he averaged 9.88 when the league was stronger than it is now and when he works out how to pass at Perry Barr I can see him averaging around 9.

This may only be Chapman's second season but he ended it last year at number 1 for Scunthorpe and was set for a maximum in his last meeting but for a fall, and that was after he guested in the PL meeting and took an almighty fall in heat 2 when he got ran over! The knack to winning teams at this level riders that are progressing quick and Sam falls into this category. I can see him adding near to 2 points.

Zach has been ready for the NL for a year or 2 now but his age has ruled him out until 2015. He's definitely one of GB's better prospects, proven by his success on the world stage at junior levels, and it may take him a little while to get up to speed with league racing (having done no or little MDL) but when he does he'll be one of the best 3 pointers in the league and I see his average, nearly doubling.

Wilson has shown his promise in MDL appearances last season and Scunthorpe's winter series and has beaten established riders such as Danny Phillips (Cradley last year, now Stoke) and Tom Woolley (Buxton). Again I expect him to be one of the better 3 men and average around 4 to 5.

Banks rode a handful of times last season for Devon and scored a repsectable number of points. I expect him to be the 'weakest' of the three newbies but anyone with motocross background knows how to gate! Though, along with Zach and Wilson, as there is an abnormally high number of 3 pointers in the leageu this year it'll only help all 3 to settle in.

It also looks a very entertaining team. One thing you will notce with the youngsters is how much they progress over a campaign and 5, with maybe Perry apart, fit into the category of fast improving! Ellis, Perry and Zach are racers too so don't turn up expecting gate and go!

Edited by Islander15
  • Like 2

... fingers crossed that injury does not cause us problems.

Injuries won't be the problem. Premier League teams poaching the best riders will be the problem. If Ellis and Perry are as good as is being said, then what's the betting a struggling PL team comes and takes one or both of these riders away? And then what? Remembering how fans reacted during "Birkogate", there may be all sorts of disquiet especially amongst the forum afficionados if the Brummies team is decimated. I think that it's going to take some getting used to that at NL level, winning the league isn't everything. Feeding riders to the upper leagues should be a mark of success as well. But who will see it that way? How many arguements and fall outs will happen along the way? And who will think that their hard earned cash is worth spending on a team that could struggle if the big guns are taken away from it? It's a fact of life that's not been faced before, and I think that fans need to be reconciled to it before making great expectations for themselves. I think that in true olympian spirit, the NL is all about the taking part, not the winning.

The bigger picture is going to hang around whether there will be more fans on the terraces at the end of the season than at the beginning. If there are the season has been a success. Where the Brummies finish in the league will be very much secondary.

• Like 1

Injuries won't be the problem. Premier League teams poaching the best riders will be the problem. If Ellis and Perry are as good as is being said, then what's the betting a struggling PL team comes and takes one or both of these riders away? And then what? Remembering how fans reacted during "Birkogate", there may be all sorts of disquiet especially amongst the forum afficionados if the Brummies team is decimated. I think that it's going to take some getting used to that at NL level, winning the league isn't everything. Feeding riders to the upper leagues should be a mark of success as well. But who will see it that way? How many arguements and fall outs will happen along the way? And who will think that their hard earned cash is worth spending on a team that could struggle if the big guns are taken away from it? It's a fact of life that's not been faced before, and I think that fans need to be reconciled to it before making great expectations for themselves. I think that in true olympian spirit, the NL is all about the taking part, not the winning.

The bigger picture is going to hang around whether there will be more fans on the terraces at the end of the season than at the beginning. If there are the season has been a success. Where the Brummies finish in the league will be very much secondary.

Of course in Poland they do it so much different don't they.

Pretty sure Perry can do both PL and NL , Doubt that Ellis will be there long though, can see him going pretty much undefeated in the watered down league.

Junior

Pretty sure Perry can do both PL and NL , Doubt that Ellis will be there long though, can see him going pretty much undefeated in the watered down league.

Junior

So can Ellis as his PL average is under 5.00. I am pretty sure that that is something that Birmingham considered.

19.9.2.1 A Rider with a PL MA of 6.00 or below if not declared in a PL 1–7 at the start of the season,

although any such Rider who moves back into the PL will be ineligible if he has a PL MA of

5.00 or above. NB. A Rider with a PL MA of 5.00 or below joining a NL Team after losing a

PL Team place may not remain in the NL Team if he subsequently gains a PL Team place,

• Like 1