British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ProudtobeaBrummie

Birmingham Brummies 2015

Maybe i'm being naive but for a club that closed last year, surely getting the word out there through as many means as possible ( whether it's "official " or fan based ) is a good thing ?

Quite embarrasing for birmingham their facebook page is so out of date.. How can you promote a new business when actually your own information is incorrect?

I quote "About

The Selco Birmingham Brummies are Birmingham's Speedway Team based at the Perry Barr Greyhound Stadium and compete in the British Elite League."

Selco - gone

Elite league - wrong

As a small business owner myself (not that im from the area) Im very put off by this and would take my advertising budget elsewhere. - I hope the management see my post and act on it before any one else sees their error.

Can someone please clear up, for the benefit of those about to get confused, what's going on with the Brummies presence on Facebook?

We have this Page (all about "Sky Sports Elite League Speedway team the Birmingham Brummies") - https://www.facebook.com/BirminghamBrummies?fref=ts

Then there's this "Official" Page - claiming that "The Selco Birmingham Brummies are Birmingham's Speedway Team based at the Perry Barr Greyhound Stadium and compete in the British Elite League"

...and this even more "Official" Page - - and on this one in the thread about this being the "ONLY" official page we see a contribution from the owner of the Brummies Fans Forum arguing over the "ownership" of the club - like it doesn't belong to Tony Mole, or something.

What is going on? C'mon guys, sort it out. Birmingham Speedway is in the Last Chance Saloon, it doesn't need this.

Maybe this is an area (Social Networking) That Tony Mole and Graham Drury are not savvy enough about, maybe they need to have this pointed out to them that these pages are way out of date and either need updating or discontinued, as jubileeclip has pointed out it can be a little off putting to potential fans and sponsors alike.

The vast majority of promoters underestimate the power of Social Media, in particular Facebook and Twitter, the potential that they have to reach the younger element of potential fans is therefore lost, both Tony and Graham are of a generation that are NOT computer savvy, and therefore regard it as something that has to be put up with, and NOT used to there advantage. They can reach more potential customers with 10 minutes spent on either of these two media networks, than any amount of press releases. This is an area that Nigel Pearson excels at, and love him or hate him he cannot be criticised for how he uses it, and many more speedway Teams could do worse than ask him for advice and guidance on this, though he supposedly doesnt like FB he has an account, :lol: he realises that though he may not like it, it still serves a very useful purpose.

Maybe this is an area (Social Networking) That Tony Mole and Graham Drury are not savvy enough about, maybe they need to have this pointed out to them that these pages are way out of date and either need updating or discontinued, as jubileeclip has pointed out it can be a little off putting to potential fans and sponsors alike.

Yes, but don't worry, there's a post in the Brummies Forum that sorts it all out :t:

There's a note about this in the Brummies Forum.

The vast majority of promoters underestimate the power of Social Media, in particular Facebook and Twitter, the potential that they have to reach the younger element of potential fans is therefore lost, both Tony and Graham are of a generation that are NOT computer savvy, and therefore regard it as something that has to be put up with, and NOT used to there advantage. They can reach more potential customers with 10 minutes spent on either of these two media networks, than any amount of press releases. This is an area that Nigel Pearson excels at, and love him or hate him he cannot be criticised for how he uses it, and many more speedway Teams could do worse than ask him for advice and guidance on this, though he supposedly doesnt like FB he has an account, :lol: he realises that though he may not like it, it still serves a very useful purpose.

This is an a matter I agree with you about completely. Mind you, others have had other opinions. It's been discussed here - http://www.speedway-forum.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=78353

The danger of course of the blind leading the blind is that a one-eyed-man can come along and cause havoc.

See this post

Edited by uk martin

Well bully for the slack handfull of Brummies Forum users. I take it that the rest of the world including newcomers to speedway can go and swivel then?

Instead of posting messages why not get on and sort the problem out?

What's it got to do with me? Why are you being an idiot?

What's it got to do with me? Why are you being an idiot?

Fixing the problem is nothing to do with you, that's true. I just wish that whoever it is to do with would sort themselves out.

However just to say that there's a post in a place where no-one would think of looking, and not even giving a link to where it can be found is not very helpful is it? Surely you know that the Brummies forum is a members only forum, so the general public won't see anything that's there. So is this just a stunt to gain new members for the forum?

Right now, there's a situation going on, potentially ammounting to "identity theft" and if the fans / public believe the wrong people they could be suckered into a right mess. There's a promise on one Facebook page for "an exciting special offer coming before our season opener which will have Perry Barr packed to the rafters!!" Who knows what that may be, but IF IT ISN'T GENUINE and the public are being duped, then just hiding the information that could help them avoid getting caught out, in a forgotten corner of the internet does no-one any good does it? Far better if the information that could protect the 1100+ fans of that Facebook page from being conned was to be put somewhere where it can be seen woudn't you think?

And as for your cheap personal insult, well, see if I care.

If Peterborough now decide to replace the injured Adam Roynon with Adam Ellis, will Ellis still be able to double up or will he be lost to the team for good? OR if Peterborough only sign Ellis on a 6 week contract until Roynon returns, can Ellis return to the Brummies afterwards?

19.9.1.2 An ex PL Rider declared in a NL Team at the start of the season will be ineligible to

remain in the NL (unless SR 19.9.2.2. applied) should he join a PL Team at any time.

19.9.2.2 A current PL Rider under 25 years-old with a PL MA of 4.00 or below at the start of the

Season.

Peterborough won't touch Ellis if they have any sense, Most of Peterborough's home fixtures are Friday night's which is also Lakeside's race night who Adam is owned by and rides for in the EL he'd never be at Peterborough

Fixing the problem is nothing to do with you, that's true. I just wish that whoever it is to do with would sort themselves out.

However just to say that there's a post in a place where no-one would think of looking, and not even giving a link to where it can be found is not very helpful is it? Surely you know that the Brummies forum is a members only forum, so the general public won't see anything that's there. So is this just a stunt to gain new members for the forum?

Right now, there's a situation going on, potentially ammounting to "identity theft" and if the fans / public believe the wrong people they could be suckered into a right mess. There's a promise on one Facebook page for "an exciting special offer coming before our season opener which will have Perry Barr packed to the rafters!!" Who knows what that may be, but IF IT ISN'T GENUINE and the public are being duped, then just hiding the information that could help them avoid getting caught out, in a forgotten corner of the internet does no-one any good does it? Far better if the information that could protect the 1100+ fans of that Facebook page from being conned was to be put somewhere where it can be seen woudn't you think?

And as for your cheap personal insult, well, see if I care.

Wouldn't you be better contacting the club directly rather than airing your "gripes" * on a public stage where 99% of members couldn't give a stuff?

* you will no doubt call them "concerns"

Edited by kitten2502

Birmingham Facebook page says that only food or drink purchased from inside can be consumed within the stadium. Good luck with that one!!

If Peterborough now decide to replace the injured Adam Roynon with Adam Ellis, will Ellis still be able to double up or will he be lost to the team for good? OR if Peterborough only sign Ellis on a 6 week contract until Roynon returns, can Ellis return to the Brummies afterwards?

Peterborough won't touch Ellis if they have any sense, Most of Peterborough's home fixtures are Friday night's which is also Lakeside's race night who Adam is owned by and rides for in the EL he'd never be at Peterborough

19.9.1.2 An ex PL Rider declared in a NL Team at the start of the season will be ineligible to
remain in the NL (unless SR 19.9.2.2. applied) should he join a PL Team at any time.
19.9.2.2 A current PL Rider under 25 years-old with a PL MA of 4.00 or below at the start of the
Season.

So looking at 19.9.1.2 the moment Adam Ellis signs for a PL Team he would become ineligible to ride for Brum. I would imagine Adam intends to ride for Lakeside as he is there asset, and to complete a full season with Brum in the NL, he will do guest bookings for various PL Teams, and Cherry pick these dependent on what they offer, and how well he rides a particular Track. Thats my take on the Adam Ellis situation at Birmingham, why is that my belief ? I can recall his dad being particuarly dissapointed that Adam Ellis could not compete in the NL in 2014 as he felt that another season in the NL would have been beneficial to Adam Ellis,s career at that time, i have not read anywhere that his opinion has changed and Adam wants another full NL season, which will rule out signing permanently for a PL Team, indeed why should he when he can Cherry pick where and when he wants to take guest PL bookings, and still ride NL.

Hats off to Adam for turning down the Peterborough offer (even if it was a short term one) although a dangerous position to be in as other clubs will come knocking throughout the season

Birmingham Facebook page says that only food or drink purchased from inside can be consumed within the stadium. Good luck with that one!!

I took in and ate a coronation chicken sandwich last night

...boy I'm such a rebel!!

• Like 3

I took in and ate a coronation chicken sandwich last night

...boy I'm such a rebel!!

I fed and watered the kids to bursting point before we went in last night to avoid any need for additional purchases and the bloke next to me was stood with a sandwich box!