British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ProudtobeaBrummie

Birmingham Brummies 2015

If you take your own food and spead it out over one of the the tables in the restaurant/bar then you can expect the GRA to pick up on it and enforce their rule - which is no different to any hotel or restaurant - none of them allow people to consume their own food.

On the other hand, if you take your own sandwiches or snacks and eat them on the terraces without making a big show of it, no one will take any notice. That's what I do, and it's just a matter of being sensible about it.

The GRA's food and drink prices are legendary. No one is happy about this including the stadium staff - but they have no option but to charge the prices that their London masters say they have to. They could have made a killing last Wednesday if their prices had been realistic and when there was a corker of a crowd, so perhaps if people didn't buy food or drink at their inflated prices, the message might sink in.

Paying up and then griping about the costs in this forum will get us nowhere.

Edited by BBuck
  • Like 2

The GRA's food and drink prices are legendary. No one is happy about this including the stadium staff - but they have no option but to charge the prices that their London masters say they have to. They could have made a killing last Wednesday if their prices had been realistic and when there was a corker of a crowd, so perhaps if people didn't buy food or drink at their inflated prices, the message might sink in.

The price is far from the biggest issues with the burgers - I bought one once, I had to throw it away after eating half of it as it was like eating mulched sawdust. At 1p they'd be too expensive.

Mind you, they're only marginally better at Brandon! Nothing beats Somersets food IMO - tastes good and is a fair price. And it's no sunrise there's always a queue of people buying it!

Whats behind Phil Morris being Team Manager for Brum on wednesday night for the 2nd leg Is this just a one off ? I know Phil sorted out the signing of the Team, but then Graham Drury was announced as Team manager, now after just 1 meeting Phil is back Temporary or what ? i personally dont see the point in having Phil back if its only for a 1 off meeting, either he is Team Manager or he isnt.

Edited by greyhoundp

Whats behind Phil Morris being Team Manager for Brum on wednesday night for the 2nd leg Is this just a one off ? I know Phil sorted out the signing of the Team, but then Graham Drury was announced as Team manager, now after just 1 meeting Phil is back Temporary or what ? i personally dont see the point in having Phil back if its only for a 1 off meeting, either he is Team Manager or he isnt.

GD is on a pre arranged holiday booked before he was appointed team manager

Thanks BrummieSte, i was thinking it was a weird move to get Phil back in after only 1 meeting.

Hats off to Adam for turning down the Peterborough offer (even if it was a short term one) although a dangerous position to be in as other clubs will come knocking throughout the season

I think its ludicrous that on the eve of our first meeting a club decides its acceptable to approach our number 1 when if the rules are followed could mean he is then ineligiable for the National League. It shows a complete lack of respect for another speedway club and I know people will mention Ben Wilson last year (dont know the ins and out) but obviously it seems a NL rider under contract means nothing to a PL club. It should not be allowed, unless theres agreement with ALL Parties and a like for like replacement be found. The PL clubs had their chance to sign him and they shouldnt be raining on our parade now.

So well done to Adam for turning it down and I really hope he stays at the Brummies all season.He can a top rider for us and give great help to our younger inexperienced riders.

I think its ludicrous that on the eve of our first meeting a club decides its acceptable to approach our number 1 when if the rules are followed could mean he is then ineligiable for the National League. It shows a complete lack of respect for another speedway club and I know people will mention Ben Wilson last year (dont know the ins and out) but obviously it seems a NL rider under contract means nothing to a PL club. It should not be allowed, unless theres agreement with ALL Parties and a like for like replacement be found. The PL clubs had their chance to sign him and they shouldnt be raining on our parade now.

So well done to Adam for turning it down and I really hope he stays at the Brummies all season.He can a top rider for us and give great help to our younger inexperienced riders.

If a PL clubs wants these lads then sign them. They should not be allowed to come along and 'steal' them later. I'd accept a case that replacing an injured rider for the season is perhaps acceptable as it's good, ultimately, for the rider's career. I'd accept a case that he should be allowed to double up (NL priority on date clashes as he signed for them first) for a fixed short term (eg a month or 6 weeks etc), as again the extra meetings will help the rider's career. What I will oppose strongly is a PL club taking a rider from a NL team as a replacement for a rider who's performing poorly, especially if it's a foreigner who came in on what appeared a false average but didn't work out. We have to have some morals and integrity!!

• Like 2

Or you have to accept the PL do as they bloody well wish and have done for a long time where doubling up works. Yet they got a bit arsey this winter when the EL/PL doubling up priority rules were changed! Seems the PL fans to have their cake and eat it (that's a stupid saying as if I had cake I'd want to eat it too)

Or you have to accept the PL do as they bloody well wish and have done for a long time where doubling up works. Yet they got a bit arsey this winter when the EL/PL doubling up priority rules were changed! Seems the PL fans to have their cake and eat it (that's a stupid saying as if I had cake I'd want to eat it too)

Even urinal cake? ;)

Even urinal cake? ;)

Whats urinal cake? oh i'll google it

Can any one tell me if Phil Morris goes regularly to home meetings, as i have some early action photos of him i would like to get signed

I took in and ate a coronation chicken sandwich last night

...boy I'm such a rebel!!

I think it's the same at every dog track. we went to hall green to the greyhounds armed with bags of food. my dad who was in his late 70's saw the signs and was so scared of being thrown out he tried to unwrap a cadburys mini roll in his pocket one handed, half the chocolate fell off and melted in his pocket.

• Like 1

Can any one tell me if Phil Morris goes regularly to home meetings, as i have some early action photos of him i would like to get signed

I don't think Phil has been down to the Barr since his temporary "managership" stint!