British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ProudtobeaBrummie

Birmingham Brummies 2015

Can any one tell me if Phil Morris goes regularly to home meetings, as i have some early action photos of him i would like to get signed

Did Phil Morris succeed in escaping from Warsaw?

Did Phil Morris succeed in escaping from Warsaw?

yes he dug a tunnel underneath the track.

BIRMINGHAM will go into the record books following their National League home fixture against Buxton next Wednesday (June 3) when an American, female speedway rider takes to UK shale for the very first time.

Hayley Perrault has been racing competitively in the States since the age of 8 and has won a number of individual meetings at all levels.

Desperate to take her career in the sport further, Perrault, now aged 17, is looking forward to visiting Perry Barr.
Said Perrault: “I’m extremely excited for my practice at Birmingham speedway; going to England to race a speedway bike has been my dream since I first started racing 10 years ago and I feel extremely lucky to be the first female, American rider sent to England to represent my country.

“I have heard nothing but positive things about Birmingham speedway and I’m really looking forward to seeing the real side of the sport on a global level; this is definitely my biggest dream come true.”

Brummies boss Graham Drury added: “It’s a unique bit of history for British speedway and we are delighted to be a major part of it here at Birmingham.

“Hayley has been dedicated from a young age to become a professional speedway rider and to be one of the best female, speedway riders in the world. We don’t have too many at all in the UK, but across the speedway globe, more and more females are starting to take up the sport year-by-year.

“At this moment in time, she would find it difficult to race in England due to work permit restrictions, however, there are actually a handful of Polish promoters who are coming over just to see Hayley Perrault have a spin and who knows where that could lead for her.

"She’s coming over here to get a taste for the bigger tracks because as many people will know, in America the tracks are tiny in comparison.

“She is a very talented rider and has won a number of meetings at all levels back in the States. She’s very dedicated to her racing and is just waiting for that big break somewhere and I’m told there will be a few Polish promoters with us keeping an eye on her next week.

“She’s very determined, she’s very ambitious and we’re looking forward to welcoming her to Birmingham Speedway on Wednesday.”

Don't quite know what sort of "record" this will be. I can remember Steve Bastable's sister Pauline racing a match race against a Danish girl at the "old" Perry Barr track in 1978/79. The Danish girl won by a street!

Don't quite know what sort of "record" this will be. I can remember Steve Bastable's sister Pauline racing a match race against a Danish girl at the "old" Perry Barr track in 1978/79. The Danish girl won by a street!

I think they mean the first American female in Britain.

I think they mean the first American female in Britain.

Which would have been Bobbie Fisher in the 80s.

Which would have been Bobbie Fisher in the 80s.

Was this the one who beat Boris Spassky ?

If I remember rightly the Danish lady was a girlfriend of Finn Jensen, and I have a feeling her surname was Nielsen, although her first name escapes me.

Was this the one who beat Boris Spassky ?

If I remember rightly the Danish lady was a girlfriend of Finn Jensen, and I have a feeling her surname was Nielsen, although her first name escapes me.

Wasn't it Suzanne? Girlfriend of Hans of that ilk?

• Like 1

Wasn't it Suzanne? Girlfriend of Hans of that ilk?

Suzanne Nielsen girlfriend of Hans Nielsen sounds not quite right...Could she have been Hans's sister and the girlfriend of Finn Jensen? Oh, for better memory of events.

Anyway, good luck to Hayley. Let's hope that she will be judged on her own merits as a speedway rider not as a novelty act.

Suzanne Nielsen girlfriend of Hans Nielsen sounds not quite right...Could she have been Hans's sister and the girlfriend of Finn Jensen? Oh, for better memory of events.

Anyway, good luck to Hayley. Let's hope that she will be judged on her own merits as a speedway rider not as a novelty act.

IIRC the surname was a coincidence ... she was originally Finn's girlfriend but had the sense to take up with Hans! I may be wrong, of course.

Hayley will be riding in the amateur match at Scunthorpe tomorrow, along with another girl rider, Francesca Kirtley-Paine.

I don't think your wish stands much of a chance just because of the fuss there seems to be around it, but I do hope she/they stay safe and have a good day.

Apparently the management are happy with the crowd levels, at this standard costs are much lower.

Pre season Tony Mole stated that application for Premier League status next season would depend upon league position and crowd levels. In the past similar crowd levels at Premier League level have resulted in the club running at a loss so I can't see an application to run Premier League next season no matter where Brum finish in the table.

Are these the same losses that Tony Mole is also quoted as saying he never made whilst in the Premier League?

...What happened to the promotional efforts to boost attendances? Perhaps they have decided that attempts in this direction have proved futile and we have now reached a sustainable level with no ambition to move up.

On the team side of things I can't see how anyone can complain at the moment as everyone is chipping in with the exception of the troublesome number 6 slot. But this is offset by the performances of Zach Wajtknecht who has taken to it like a duck to water, he seems to get faster and more track wise with every race.

So, if hypothetically, next year the EL and PL merge into one big league (bye bye GP riders and all that) and I know it's only talk, but that's what forums are for...and supposing that invitations to the "bigger clubs" was extended to, let's say Eastbourne and Birmingham again, you're pretty sure that Tony Mole will refuse the offer and stay in the NL?

And, if that's the case, how long will Graham Drury be able to continue to try to convince people that Birmingham are one of speedway's "BIG Clubs" without losing credibility?

Eastbourne, kent and rye house are getting really good crowds at NL level. There seems to be a real appetite for third tier racing in the south east. With any luck lakeside and the IOW will join them next season!

• Like 1

And, if that's the case, how long will Graham Drury be able to continue to try to convince people that Birmingham are one of speedway's "BIG Clubs" without losing credibility?

"Big clubs" ??? let's see

NL fours champions

Adam finishes 2nd and one point of the lead last night, qualifying for the European U21 final…

Zack becomes 250 british grass track champ today ….

Tom wins the 350..

7 points clear at the top of the league with matches in hand ….

I think when you consider they went out of business a year ago, Graham seems to be pointing them in the right direction. The season isn't over and decisions don't need to be made yet but i'm sure they're looking at all avenues.