British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ProudtobeaBrummie

Birmingham Brummies 2015

Although not ideal, reckon Leicester could be available - Did an amazing job to get the Play-off final on at such short notice

• Like 1

What's the cut-off date for when all the league fixtures in the NL have to be run by? Just wondering as there are 27 weeks between 1st April and mid-Sept, which I'm guessing will be about the date of the cut-off, with 20 league meetings between the 2 teams plus 6 National Trophy plus a Golden Hammer meeting to fit in...it had best not rain, had it? Do Cradley have a fall-back position of filling in a "missing week" in the Wolverhampton fixture list and riding their rain-off rearranged fixtures at Monmore Wood?

Cradley have never entered the NT Im guessing neither will The Brummies, The KO Cup now thats a different thing Im pretty sure both Teams will be entered for that. The cut off date for the League is usually end of September.

so it gives roughly 29 weeks, for 10 Home League meetings and possibly 3 Cup meetings, Im sure a bye can be arranged :wink: for the 1st round of the KO Cup.

Cradley have staged the Under 21 Final for the last 2 seasons, it would be nice if it could be held at Perry Barr. Whats the planning conditions on the Bank Holiday fixtures at Perry Barr ?.

Edited by greyhoundp

Whats the planning conditions on the Bank Holiday fixtures at Perry Barr ?.

Good Friday and Sundays are options on the proviso that there is no more than one meeting a week. So basically there is flexibility about what day the meetings are staged but no more capacity for the number of fixtures.

Good Friday and Sundays are options on the proviso that there is no more than one meeting a week. So basically there is flexibility about what day the meetings are staged but no more capacity for the number of fixtures.

Didn't we do two in one week once a Wednesday and a Sunday then did the next Wednesday? I thought if rain offs came into the equation we could race twice a week? I could have been dreaming though.....

Didn't we do two in one week once a Wednesday and a Sunday then did the next Wednesday? I thought if rain offs came into the equation we could race twice a week? I could have been dreaming though.....

That's correct, it was in 2010. Redcar on the first Wednesday, followed by Sheffield on the Bank Holiday Sunday and then Somerset in the League the following Wednesday. The Redcar and Sheffield matches were rearranged after being rained off, and to simply get them out of the way.

They may have sailed close to the wind once and got away with it. You have to remember that 2010 featured "decision makers" that weren't there at the Planning Permission negotiation stages, may not have been as fully aware of the restrictions, and probably didn't care about the long term consequences either.

both teams riders' CMA's be artificially boosted by riding an away match at home..not sure two teams in same div have ever shared before have they?

both teams riders' CMA's be artificially boosted by riding an away match at home..not sure two teams in same div have ever shared before have they?

firstly yes they may be boosted, but still only 1 rider will win each race, be it a home or away rider, I am not great on history but in recent times i cant recall 2 Teams in the same division Track sharing.

firstly yes they may be boosted, but still only 1 rider will win each race, be it a home or away rider, I am not great on history but in recent times i cant recall 2 Teams in the same division Track sharing.

Didn't King's Lynn and Boston share once upon a time?

They may have been in different divisions though...CL and CT.

The chief planning officer has discretionary powers to allow one-off variations of the planning conditions when a sufficiently good case for doing so is made to him. This was sought and granted for the two-in-a-week incidence mentioned - that was a season in which we had 11 home matches rained off, so the planning officer was sympathetic.

We are also now allowed to stage rained-off Bank Holiday Sunday meetings on a non-Bank Holiday Sunday if necessary with the council setting a maximum of five Sunday meetings per season (with no meetings on the Wednesday or Thursday of the same week without these discretionary powers being sought).

For Sunday meetings, the curfew is brought forward to 9pm with meetings starting at 6pm if required.

This is a joke post surely?

They could ride on the moon, but there'll still only be 90 points in the matches.

Unless both teams are going to use their home track knowledge and score maximums as they battle to a pair of 75-75 draws!

rye house and Mildenhall both rode at West Row and both in the NL (Conference League then i think) so it has happened before

Sunday meeting might help with some of the more distance teams coming to PB, Kent, Kings Lynn just to mention a couple and it might help bring in supporters from other local tracks with nothing to do on a sunday.

Is this just Brummie meeting or does it involve the Heatherns as well.

Sunday meeting might help with some of the more distance teams coming to PB, Kent, Kings Lynn just to mention a couple and it might help bring in supporters from other local tracks with nothing to do on a sunday.

TBH Peter, I can see Kings Lynn being at Perry Barr against the Brummies and Heathens on a Wednesday when the Stars have EL fixtures. Birmingham and Cradley will probably be in Norfolk on a Friday night.

Is this just Brummie meeting or does it involve the Heatherns as well.

Seeing as it's a track share arrangement, I would think it involves both clubs.

Prices have been announced for next season:

Season Tickets (based on 12 league matches, cups and playoffs included)

Adult £120

Seniors £100

Child £20

General Admission

Adult £12

Seniors £10

Children (6-16) £2

Children 5 or under FREE

Programme £2

David Rowe has been confirmed as the announcer again and programme editor but we have a new centre green presenter, Ryan Guest. Good Luck to him, I wish our previous presenter Chris Simpson all the best. Think he did it from around 2008 to 2014 and he did a great job.

• Like 2