British Speedway Forum

Can't see a thread for this.

Who do you think will be in the side next season?

Danny Ayres is surely nailed on for a team place! I hope that Simon Lambert is back too. If Lakeside and Rye House enter NL teams next season I wonder if Ben might not be at Kent ... although I do think there's a good chance he'll be a King again.

• Like 1

Surely both Ayres and Morely are Rye House bound. Better practice facilities and the temptation of a PL place if things go well. Not sure what Lakeside running a NL team would have to do with Morely he is after all a Rye House asset so why wouldn't Len use him? Would be a very strange decision if he weren't at Rye next year. As for Lambert I hope Simon stays with Kent, he has found his real level at NL where he can excell. Only downside would be the travelling for home meetings again but that doesn't seem to worry him.

If Raiders return then surely no Sampford or Silver at the Kings.

Rye House have already picked their Premier team so that is where Silver is only interested in.

Kings need a young keen team Manager and start signing riders now otherwise will miss out on the best ??

Does not help the the NL AGM is not until next month as it leaves teams in limbo.

Got to have Ayres back next year, the guy is so popular. I would have thought uncle Len would have given him a team place at Kent already. Simon Lambert is a perfect captain & should be back at No 1 again. Ben Morley, I think Kent fans would be very disappointed if Ben was moved to Rye or Lakeside, what a great top 2 they would be. Because of his high average i Cant see a team place for Benji (if Ben & Simon included), maybe he is Rye bound? Aaron Baseby is a good solid rider & should return. Be great to see Jack Kingston back,(dream on), not sure if Mason has retired? would prefer to see a more all round scorer in his place anyway. Cant wait for the new season.

Agee with AJ is king on the last point for sure The national league agm should be straight after the bspa meeting but with Peter Morrish in charge im not surprised..Remains to be seen what incompetence will happen over the next season..Riders need to know where they stand many will no doubt be involved at premier league and fast track level and the sooner they know where they are the better.Time for late team entries to the league could still be allowed..

Edited by waco

Not sure what Lakeside running a NL team would have to do with Morely he is after all a Rye House asset so why wouldn't Len use him? Would be a very strange decision if he weren't at Rye next year.

Having watched him at Lakeside all season as a fast track rider I think he could score even more points there than at Kent or Rye House - and he was very popular with the management and fans so I wouldn't be at all surprised if Jon Cook chased after him for next season. As I said though, I do think it's unlikely as he's also very popular at Kent and is obviously Len's asset. I do think it would be a shame for the fans if he didn't line up for the Kings again next year but with all the teams looking for riders near the top end of the averages I'm sure Ben will end up where he wants to be.

Be great to see Jack Kingston back,(dream on).

I'm really hoping that he'll be one of Lakeside's assets that the team is built around along with Marc Owen. If not then I hope he's back at Kent if the work commitments are no longer a problem.

Edited by Mjolnir

Ayres is unofficially confirmed. He is a kent asset as is Aaron Baseby. So I fully expect those two to be nailed on. If we keep hold of Lambert I can see Ben going home to rye house. Can't see compton or Mason being in as both are on averages much higher then their performances and speed warrant.

Wish list for riders on low averaged riders who could deliver are luke harris, Chris Widman, and Arron Mogridge

Two solid fan favourites.

Be interesting to see what will happen with the Rye House assets but good move by Roger if Ayres signed as Kent asset.

Certainly the club needs to add to its asset base.

From memory the other assets are Sam Woods and Adam Kirby.

Cant see Jack going back which is a shame.

Is it possible that there are lads out there practising at Iwade who could make the leap to NDL. With Rye Raiders starting again surely Len will incorporate his assets at Hoddesden. If Kent have no (astute) management then they could well be losing out. Danny performed well last season and is a true crowd pleaser. Aaron seemed to enjoy his time at Kent and scored solidly from the No two spot. I believe David intends to do another season, surely his wealth of knowledge is worth the investment for a further season. Sam and Adam were very loyal in 2013 and Luke Harris has said he does not manage the Central Park track well. I can see Eastbourne, Lakeside and Rye being in the front-line for signatures, well ahead of Kent. Interesting times ahead.

Certainly one has been picked up, who rides at Iwade but by Mildenhall and will ride in the MDL for a year.

I certainly hope other young riders come through Iwade in future years in whichever discipline they want.

Sure the Kent Kings will sign the best team they can although it will be interesting to see now Rye House are back in the NDL.

On another thread it looks like Lakeside may only compete in the trophy.

Could be a very different Kings team next year.

• Like 1

Certainly one has been picked up, who rides at Iwade but by Mildenhall and will ride in the MDL for a year.

I certainly hope other young riders come through Iwade in future years in whichever discipline they want.

Sure the Kent Kings will sign the best team they can although it will be interesting to see now Rye House are back in the NDL.

On another thread it looks like Lakeside may only compete in the trophy.

Could be a very different Kings team next year.

Surely if Raiders return Kent will be looking for a new team Manager ?

All seems to be in limbo and I can see Kings missing out on certain riders.

Surely if Raiders return Kent will be looking for a new team Manager ?

All seems to be in limbo and I can see Kings missing out on certain riders.

I would be very surprised if Chris Hunt isn't the kings team manager this year. Joined the setup last year and has the experience so its just good common sense (even if I know there is no place for that within speedway)

I would be very surprised if Chris Hunt isn't the kings team manager this year. Joined the setup last year and has the experience so its just good common sense (even if I know there is no place for that within speedway)

Yes you could be right and would make sense.

Is it possible that there are lads out there practising at Iwade who could make the leap to NDL. With Rye Raiders starting again surely Len will incorporate his assets at Hoddesden. If Kent have no (astute) management then they could well be losing out. Danny performed well last season and is a true crowd pleaser. Aaron seemed to enjoy his time at Kent and scored solidly from the No two spot. I believe David intends to do another season, surely his wealth of knowledge is worth the investment for a further season. Sam and Adam were very loyal in 2013 and Luke Harris has said he does not manage the Central Park track well. I can see Eastbourne, Lakeside and Rye being in the front-line for signatures, well ahead of Kent. Interesting times ahead.

I have followed David Mason for many many years and was strongly voicing my displeasure when we dumped him in our first season to get benji in. But his performance s last season especially away were pitiful at times, I know he had health issues but I really hope we don't keep him on as a rider. Would like to see him in the management team somewhere though as he has been flying the flag for kent speedway for donkeys years and deserves the recognition for that.

• Like 2