British Speedway Forum

The 2013 website was run by a professional web design company (as is the current one) and ran from before the club turned a wheel.

TBF, it didn't look like it. I agree the content was pretty good but it's design and lay out looked like a school project and as a professional web developer I'd be ashamed of it - and I know my biggest weakness is making a site look good.

I also believe you have raised this before as you know the company involved and for some reason have an issue with them.

Anyway the past is in the past.

Personally I am very proud of what was achieved in the winter of 2012 and the 2013 season.

As I said above the pasts in the past and I suggest people look to the present and future.

I would be more concerned with the future than the past if I was you....

The 2013 website was run by a professional web design company (as is the current one) and ran from before the club turned a wheel.

It had photos all through the lead up to the first season and was updated almost daily. Unloved? I dont think so...

It contributed to ensuring major sponsorship deals that the 2014 operation could only dream about.

I applaud your unwaiving devotion to the promotion as has been seen by your "estimates" of crowds in 2014 on the updates site.

From the large amount of correspondence I received after 2013 and well into 2014 I would also suggest that you are very much in the minority when it comes to peoples thoughts that 2014 was better "off track" than on track.

However, as always, I wish the Kent Kings fans nothing but my best and hope the team continue on their upward spiral.

Well, the 2014 information was 'transferred' via FACEBOOK tp various forums and was well received on them. I don't understand what your gripe is!

Edited by Guest

Oh jeez..the original fb page had more members than the 2014 version...oh never mind..the usual suspects have started again.

I will leave you to it...

Never mind Nikko the present Promotion has only 2 years left on planning if it lasts that long, and its a big if.

Never mind Nikko the present Promotion has only 2 years left on planning if it lasts that long, and its a big if.

What prompts you to think it might not last long term then Ian, other than another possible failure at a future date to get permission to start meetings at say 7.30pm rather than the current 6.30pm start?

Edited by Bryn

Oh jeez..the original fb page had more members than the 2014 version...oh never mind..the usual suspects have started again.

I will leave you to it...

I am not talking about Kent Kings OWN Facebook page but rather the fact that information on their website page appears on "freelance' Facebook pages elsewhere.

Edited by Guest

TBF, it didn't look like it. I agree the content was pretty good but it's design and lay out looked like a school project and as a professional web developer I'd be ashamed of it - and I know my biggest weakness is making a site look good.

Does that include being professional enough to know the correct use of the apostrophe? Seemingly not?

It had photos all through the lead up to the first season and was updated almost daily. Unloved? I dont think so...

It contributed to ensuring major sponsorship deals that the 2014 operation could only dream about.

I applaud your unwaiving devotion to the promotion as has been seen by your "estimates" of crowds in 2014 on the updates site.

From the large amount of correspondence I received after 2013 and well into 2014 I would also suggest that you are very much in the minority when it comes to peoples thoughts that 2014 was better "off track" than on track.

However, as always, I wish the Kent Kings fans nothing but my best and hope the team continue on their upward spiral.

Minority or majority I don't really care, I offer my own opinions some will be close, some will be far off, some will be right, some will be wrong. I know no one involved on the running of the club the website but reguarly communicate with various riders. I just pay my 12 pound, but my programme and support my local team. I get the distinct impression you have some kind of axe to grind with the team/club as you always comment and back it up with "from correspondence I ve recieved" which would suggest you don't often go up there to watch.

The original website was very good as in it got awareness of the club out there before the season but as has been stated looked as if a kid had done it as a school project.

I ll be honest my biggest gripe with both seasons websites has been the lack of info of when our riders have riden elsewhere both before hand or after the event.

• Like 1

Jack Kingston has been confirmed for Mildenhall - I look forward to seeing him visit Kent next season!

Does that include being professional enough to know the correct use of the apostrophe? Seemingly not?

1. It's a web forum - not a professional service.

2. I don't write website content for that reason.

If people are going to claim something is great, expect feedback when it's not. Some of Mad Web Designs stuff use to be terrible - I have just checked out their website and they're getting there now tbf to them.

And if we're going to be pedantic, you have a question mark at the end of your second sentence, it required a full stop or even an exclamation mark as it's not a question.

And if we're going to be pedantic, you have a question mark at the end of your second sentence, it required a full stop or even an exclamation mark as it's not a question.

'Seemingly not' was a question - I was giving you the benefit of the doubt.

That last sentence reads like its though gritted teeth man :wink:

Im just a occasional watcher of da sport but it has to be club first, individuals or small groups second man, just the way i see it

Edited by Hector Austin
  • Like 1

Minority or majority I don't really care, I offer my own opinions some will be close, some will be far off, some will be right, some will be wrong. I know no one involved on the running of the club the website but reguarly communicate with various riders. I just pay my 12 pound, but my programme and support my local team. I get the distinct impression you have some kind of axe to grind with the team/club as you always comment and back it up with "from correspondence I ve recieved" which would suggest you don't often go up there to watch.

The original website was very good as in it got awareness of the club out there before the season but as has been stated looked as if a kid had done it as a school project.

I ll be honest my biggest gripe with both seasons websites has been the lack of info of when our riders have riden elsewhere both before hand or after the event.

Here's some up-to-date Info for you!

http://www.kentkings.co/latestnews

Edited by Guest

Just read it. James Shanes awesome signing! If he can learn to gate he will be unstoppable! !!

• Like 1