British Speedway Forum

Great news, a really exciting up and coming rider. I saw him on the shale and the grass last season and he was very impressive.

Ben Morley, Aaron Baseby, and Danny Ayres all confirmed. Really liking the look to the side we are building. Just need to wait for am now and the points limit before we can confirm last 3. One happy kings fan here though! !!!

• Like 1

Ben Morley, Aaron Baseby, and Danny Ayres all confirmed. Really liking the look to the side we are building. Just need to wait for am now and the points limit before we can confirm last 3. One happy kings fan here though! !!!

Fantastic news! If Lambert returns as well then that's all of the riders at the top my list to return next year!

Although I noticed this was said about Ben on the Kent website:

"Last year he had a spell at number one the first time in his NL career hed reached the top spot in a team and is poised to start 2014 in the number one race jacket for the Kings again."

... so perhaps Simon won't be back at Kent next year?

Edited by Mjolnir

Fantastic news! If Lambert returns as well then that's all of the riders at the top my list to return next year!

"Last year he had a spell at number one the first time in his NL career hed reached the top spot in a team and is poised to start 2014 in the number one race jacket for the Kings again."

From that press release it seems not. Good start to team building for the Kings without a doubt.

Kent have used 26.25 points for the 4 signings, 36 points has been suggested as the new points limit, which will leave you 3 x 3 pointers to complete your line up.

No Simon, no Benji, and no David, certainly with the riders you have announced so far you should be up there, but of course these final 3 signings are going to be significant, and Eastbourne, Rye House and Kent are going to be scrapping for the best of them in the South East. Will Daddy Silver be doing baby Silver any favours ?.

Edited by greyhoundp
  • Like 1

Kent have used 26.25 points for the 4 signings, 36 points has been suggested as the new points limit, which will leave you 3 x 3 pointers to complete your line up.

No Simon, no Benji, and no David, certainly with the riders you have announced so far you should be up there, but of course these final 3 signings are going to be significant, and Eastbourne, Rye House and Kent are going to be scrapping for the best of them in the South East. Will Daddy Silver be doing baby Silver any favours ?.

Good point!

There's going to need to be a lot of 3 pointers next year if the limit is 36.

Also a good point!

Good point & good thing. New blood into the league is always interesting, entertaining and exciting.

Some will make it, some won't. That's speedway. But without new riders coming in the sport wouldn't survive for long.

Will it be 36 ?

I think it was 40 this year and Cradley ended up just under 56 ???

Still think it will be about same as this year.

We will see.

Good point & good thing. New blood into the league is always interesting, entertaining and exciting.

Some will make it, some won't. That's speedway. But without new riders coming in the sport wouldn't survive for long.

No its wonderful that speedway is a sport that just seems designed to force riders out of it. No wonder those outside speedway - and some more close to it - don't take it seriously any more. :sad:

Minority or majority I don't really care, I offer my own opinions some will be close, some will be far off, some will be right, some will be wrong. I know no one involved on the running of the club the website but reguarly communicate with various riders. I just pay my 12 pound, but my programme and support my local team. I get the distinct impression you have some kind of axe to grind with the team/club as you always comment and back it up with "from correspondence I ve recieved" which would suggest you don't often go up there to watch.

The original website was very good as in it got awareness of the club out there before the season but as has been stated looked as if a kid had done it as a school project.

I ll be honest my biggest gripe with both seasons websites has been the lack of info of when our riders have riden elsewhere both before hand or after the event.

Here's more up-to-date news for you, although some Posters are already aware of it.

http://www.kentkings.co/news.php?extend.287.1

Edited by Guest

That depends very much how The Teams build, 5 x 6 pointers and 2 x 3 pointers would be another way to go, now that Lakeside have again decided not to pursue the NL, maybe the Limit will be 38 Max and 30 minimum, my own opinion is i would like to see the max as 36 thereby bringing the League closer together in terms of competivness.

• Like 1