Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
orion

Who Will Pick Who ?

Starke is the highest average rider of all the second list riders, probably going to be a more in demand rider i would have thought.

Need to hope Wolves pick him and you get blackbird then :D Or have Roynon, as I doubt you'll want Boxall!

In a way that highlights what a lottery the draft is, Auty and Roynon are both hopeless at Lakeside. Ben Morely could probably give them 15 metres and still beat hem by a good measure. On the other hand if they got Blackbird and he gets fully dialled in the Hammers will look like a top two side, at least they will until the usual mid-season collapse around late July :o

In a way that highlights what a lottery the draft is, Auty and Roynon are both hopeless at Lakeside. Ben Morely could probably give them 15 metres and still beat hem by a good measure. On the other hand if they got Blackbird and he gets fully dialled in the Hammers will look like a top two side, at least they will until the usual mid-season collapse around late July :o

Agreed. I guess you'd have to beg other clubs to do a swap if that happened, you never know, they might agree. Thinking some more about it, Auty to Lakeside won't happen anyway as he'll be at Scunny, a Friday track. As for Roynon, he'd get your track soon enough, he's stupidly talented IMO. The issue with him is injury.

Wolves get second pick so unless Leicester have made up with Lewis, Wolves should get him and then hopefully Paul Starke in the second pick.

Starke has a great NL average, but only 4.34 in the PL while Lewis has a lower PL average than Newman, Auty, Garrity, Kerr, Worrall and Wright so hopefully he won't be ranked too high and we can then get both.

Starke has a 4.79 PL average according to the final green sheets, which ironically is higher than Roynon's!

So guess they are not going to grade the riders based on PL averages alone...

Flagrag has already said Blackbird wont be at Leicester,as he hates the place.

Its Leicester doing the picking, not the other way round.

Leicester to Pick Ashley Birks & Protect Josh Bates.

No chance in hell Hemsley will pick Lewis Blackbird it was a huge fall out & why pick a rider who has a very public dislike for the track.

FIRST PICKS (*protected)

BELLE VUE = Steve Worrall*

COVENTRY = Jason Garrity*

KINGS LYNN = Lewis Kerr*

LAKESIDE = Charles Wright

LEICESTER = Josh Auty

POOLE = Kyle Newman*

SWINDON = Adam Roynon

WOLVES = Lewis Blackbird

SECOND PICK

SWINDON = Lewis Rose

LAKESIDE = Adam Ellis

BELLE VUE = James Sarjeant

WOLVES = Paul Starke

COVENTRY = Joe Jacobs

KINGS LYNN = Simon Lambert

POOLE = Nathan Greaves

LEICESTER = Max Clegg

This is funny - Charles Wright rides for Somerset, a Friday track and I doubt he'd want to treck to Lakeside form M/cr on a Friday anyway. Stefan Nielsen would surely be a better round 2 option than Greaves for Poole, but as it's all speculation anyway, I think I'll just wait and see. Hopefully Mark Lemon will have some input into the BV choices, as Morton did a pretty poor job last season.

Its Leicester doing the picking, not the other way round.

If he dont want to go,end of story.

Regardless of the grading system,the rider still has the final say.

Leicester arnt daft,they will know the situation.So probably some wheeling and dealing going on between clubs before wednesday.

Leicester arnt daft,they will know the situation.So probably some wheeling and dealing going on between clubs before wednesday.

Not at all ...when they sign up the rules are you have to accept where you go ..otherwise you are kicked out . If the lions pick Blackbird then he go's there or he's out

• Like 1

Agreed. I guess you'd have to beg other clubs to do a swap if that happened, you never know, they might agree. Thinking some more about it, Auty to Lakeside won't happen anyway as he'll be at Scunny, a Friday track. As for Roynon, he'd get your track soon enough, he's stupidly talented IMO. The issue with him is injury.

Everything I hear of this Draft System make the whole scenario into a mockery .

Surely Clubs swapping riders would not be allowed. I have never agreed with forcing riders to race as and where they're picked. What will happen when the rider says stuff you??? does the draw start all over again.

The riders selected for the draft do so with their own ideas, there not just a name with an average, they do have a say in where they will ride, and its about time the fans and supporters appreciated it..

Everything I hear of this Draft System make the whole scenario into a mockery .

Surely Clubs swapping riders would not be allowed. I have never agreed with forcing riders to race as and where they're picked. What will happen when the rider says stuff you??? does the draw start all over again.

The riders selected for the draft do so with their own ideas, there not just a name with an average, they do have a say in where they will ride, and its about time the fans and supporters appreciated it..

it's simple the riders know once they sign up for the draft they could end up at any club if they don't like that then no one is forcing them to ride in it .

If the riders don't the like the rules then don't sign up for it .Maybe if Newman and Ellis only want to ride for Poole maybe we should let that happen . What would be the point of a draft if we just let riders ride where they want ?

Edited by orion
  • Like 2

Not at all ...when they sign up the rules are you have to accept where you go ..otherwise you are kicked out . If the lions pick Blackbird then he go's there or he's out

So you dont mind having an unhappy rider you doesnt want to be there.

I certainly wouldnt want that at Wolves,whats it do for moral within the team.

Thats why i said,it will all be sorted before wednesday by talks between the clubs.

It probably already has tbh.

So you dont mind having an unhappy rider you doesnt want to be there.

I certainly wouldnt want that at Wolves,whats it do for moral within the team.

As has been said the rules of the draft are quite clear that you could go to any of the eight clubs . If Blackbird etc don't like that then don't sign up for it .And if Wolves etc think that a rider will be bad for the team moral then yet again no one is forcing them to sign that rider .

Edited by orion
  • Like 1

Exactly as Orion said. The clubs have the choice in this instance, not the rider.

Blackbird refusing to go to Leicester would make a mockery of the Draft system and would only mean him being removed from the Draft thus penalising his own progress.

Rider power usually sees them getting their own way 90% of the time, not in this instance.

• Like 1

So Leicester could pick Blackbird knowing he may refuse to ride there effectively withdrawing from the draft.

Would stop a rival getting one of the top riders!