British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Warsaw Gp Saturday 18th April

I like the tapes but I do wish there was a better way to ascertain if a rider has dropped their clutch before the tapes mechanism has moved rather than ref's eye, same with the timing of races .......

Go on then Ian, tell us BSI role in, lets say Warsaw, as against their role in Cardiff

Can I assume that as you haven't replied to my earlier Post in response to your questions that you actually agree with me?

I do hope so.

On the othet hand MX and enduro (in some cases) uses physical start gates and those you mentioned doesn't have a single line grid.

I don't think that the riders have to race over those starts again four times unlike speedway riders. Aren't they separate?

I can just imagine the state of the starting area in speedway after 20 heats of 4 riders going over a solid starting gate sitting in a trench......

I'm a new fan of speedway in the last couple years and I absolutely love the sport. (And my first post) Regarding getting rid of the tape makes a lot of sense to me for the following reasons. First there's always the possibility of a dream four man final or for that matter any heat with a great lineup and one rider is excluded for hitting the tape. With a light he would receive a warning and all four back. Second, the original offender might not hit the tape but draws the guy next to him and he hits it and is gone. And with starting lights you would avoid the aforementioned tape problems. PLUS the officials wouldn't have to spend hours cutting up old bed sheets and tying them together.

I'm firmly in the camp of The Series rights holders hold ultimate responsibility for their series if they choose to subcontract for what of a better word any rounds to a local promotion then if a chain of events cause it to go bellyup they haven't done thorough enough checks and overseeing of the local operation.

• Like 3